Nightmare Scenario: Battinson in the DCU. (Speculation Thread)

Invader Joker

Superhero
Reaction score
This is a nightmare scenario that I hope never comes to pass and that I ultimately dread and also think it's unlikely as hell since I don't think either Reeves or Gunn would allow it.
But for the sake of discussion. Let's assume, however unlikely it is (and it is extremely unlikely, so please don't comment on that) Zaslav with his desire to replicate the MCU mandates that they have to make it so that somehow after Flashpoint, Battinson is the new Batman of the DCU instead of Keaton or Affleck.
How would that work? Would the JL exist in that scenario? Would it exist but without Battinson? What about Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn?

I am not sure how you could incorporate the Pattinson Batman into the MOS/BvS universe without it being convoluted. It feels like you would have to create new versions of Superman, Wonder Woman, etc and build a new DCU from the ground up.

I am not sure how you could incorporate the Pattinson Batman into the MOS/BvS universe without it being convoluted. It feels like you would have to create new versions of Superman, Wonder Woman, etc and build a new DCU from the ground up.
tenor.gif

I'd say your best bet would be to essentially do what the MCU did when it comes to the Guardians crossing over. The Guardians movies definitely feel the least like MCU movies in terms of blandness, lack of vision, etc. They're very distinct in that way. And anytime they crossed over, Gunn was always responsible for writing those characters. I'd say if they went this route, do the same thing but with Matt Reeves. The job of getting it to make sense from a continuity standpoint isn't Reeves problem. Let him handle being true to the character at all times and get the main overseer of the DCEU to figure it out.

Pattinson's playing the Batman in the main DCU (as a replacement for Affleck's) as if his Batman was always that Batman.. I can agree on not making any sense

but, if (and still possibly when) Flashpoint was supposedly going to be able to bring Keaton's Batman in the DCU... idk get how you can say Battinson couldn't be

yes, his solo movie was its own thing and clearly set in a world where the other heroes don't exist

and those other heroes wouldn't real fit into that world.. no

but if were talking alternate timelines/reality and multi-universal travel

would it be a jarring culture shock for Battinson to find himself in the world of the main DCU... Yes

but him having to adapt to this new world could be interesting

isn't the mean reason the Battinson universe doesn't work with the MOS/BvS is because of its uber-realistic tones that doesn't allow for the other "Super"heroes to exist

wouldn't trying to introduce the likes of Superman/Wonder Woman/... be just as jarring (an reality breaking) as Battinson in the DCU

community-gif-fire-22.gif
...leave Reeves/Pattinson alone within their singular Bat-Universe.

I have absolutely no issue on paper with Battinson existing in a broader DC universe - personally, there being a Superman, etc. in this world is 100% my head canon simply because for me that is the default state for Batman. If they wanted to build a Justice League from the ground up with a series of movies that got the same love, care and attention The Batman got then great! I can't imagine an ending for Rob's Batman I would like more than him winding up as something akin to the Morrison JLA Batman - that would be a beautiful, happy ending and Pattison would absolutely ace that version of the character. The kind of relationship he would have with Superman would also be fascinating to explore and has the potential to have way more genuine depth and complexity than your standard crossover shlock.

But that, realistically, isn't what would happen. Shared universes are incredibly messy from a production standpoint and have only ever genuinely worked once and Battinson being slotted into an already pre-established universe also feels weird to me. Like, if you want to make a beautiful thoughtful Superman movie (which, let's face it, is never going to happen) in the same world that sounds lovely but I don't have any real interest in him co-existing with bilge like Black Adam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"