What should Gunn do with Batman?

What about a Caped Crusader and Boy Wonder. A real Batman and Robin team up. If anyone would take a chance like that to put it on the big screen it would be Gunn. Lets also have a real teen playing Robin this time. You cast a 40 year to play Batman like the one in the BAS. It would be so different from the Reeves universe.

Could do. But I'd perhaps just use flashbacks of Batman & Robin in a Nightwing or Batgirl film.

I'd actually love to see Nightwing and Batgirl both take the spotlight first in a single film, like a coming of age romance, where we see them become Nightwing and Oracle.

Cast some popular young actors like Zendaya, Jacob Elordi, etc, and of course, throw Jason in the mix. You know, Team Dick vs Team Jason.

Visually, I'd love to see something like the Nightwing/Batgirl comics of recent years, super colorful urban environments, something in the same ballpark as Bullet Train.

Last edited:
Could do. But I'd perhaps just use flashbacks of Batman & Robin in a Nightwing or Batgirl film.

I'd actually love to see Nightwing and Batgirl both take the spotlight first in a single film, like a coming of age romance, where we see them become Nightwing and Oracle.

Cast some popular young actors like Zendaya, Jacob Elordi, etc, and of course, throw Jason in the mix. You know, Team Dick vs Team Jason.

Visually, I'd love to see something like the Nightwing/Batgirl comics of recent years, super colorful urban environments, something in the same ballpark as Bullet Train.
Gunn will take some chances. Looking forward to his presentation. I think a true Teen Titan movie is possible down the road but I get the impression he is trying to establish the Trinity. The only chance for his universe to be successful is Gunn will have hit on Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

I'm fairly certain that because of the importance of Batman and his reputation I suspect we'll be getting a new more fantastical version of Batman that can fit in a world population of metahumans, gods and aliens.

In other words, Matt Reeve Batman isn't going to be apart of this universe Justice League.

I think these are their options to introduce a DCU Batman:

1. Introduce him in the JL movie and only after give him a solo film. (Probably the one that common sense dictates but it presents its own set of issues).
2. Introduce him in a streaming show prior to the JL film. Only give him a solo film afterwards. (Difficult but could work, highly dependant on getting the right person in charge of said show though and preferably it being someone that can later step up to do the film)
3. Instead of doing projects that have him as the lead prior to the JL film, do a Nightwing or Red Hood or something movie that has him as a secondary character or only mentioned, maybe directed by someone that can later take over to do the solo film after the JL movie.
4. Skip over Batman entirely in the first JL. Give him a solo afterwards and only after his solo put him in JL 2 (This one seems extremely unlikely but then again there are some comic iterations where Batman wasn't a founding member of the League, so maybe they could take a note out of those ones?)
5. The JL movie could come waaaay later than any of us think. Like, I think the assumption we're making is that it's coming in like 2028 after a few movies introducing the new members, but maybe it could come later? In like 2032 or something after some sequels of said members or maybe even some trilogies, so Batman gets to have his solo before the JL movie. Don't see it likely they wanna wait that long though.
6. Give DCU Batman a solo film that releases sandwiched between The Batman films. (This one's a terrible idea that'd instantly guarantee the failure of said DCU Batman and also potentially cause some damage to The Batman as well) Another variation of this option is a Bat-Family film but it runs into the same issue I think.
7. Introduce him in team-up DCU films before the JL movie. Like maybe a Brave and the Bold movie where he appears with Wonder Woman or Zatanna or something, paired up with someone else.

upload_2022-12-30_20-22-53.gif

He said on twitter that its indeed Grant Morrisons Batman yes, but not meant as a hint or so.
But either way its good news.
This and the stuff he posts on Instagram etc shows he has good taste in comics...and that is good for the DCU.
Tom Kings Supergirl, Superman Up in the Sky etc...great stuff.
If that is the direction these characters go in the future, we are in for a fantastic ride.

He said on twitter that its indeed Grant Morrisons Batman yes, but not meant as a hint or so.
But either way its good news.
This and the stuff he posts on Instagram etc shows he has good taste in comics...and that is good for the DCU.
Tom Kings Supergirl, Superman Up in the Sky etc...great stuff.
If that is the direction these characters go in the future, we are in for a fantastic ride.
Hint or not, Morrison's Batman would be a great basis for the DCU version of the character.

Hint or not, Morrison's Batman would be a great basis for the DCU version of the character.

For Sure.
If that is how He sees Batman and wants to take Inspiration from...that would be great as a base.

Too lazy to have another Batman already having Pattinson how are you going to make Pattinson Batman different from the New Batman? honestly The Batman Movie was not very special to me i think that Pattinson Batman can easily Fit with the New DCEU but we will see if Pattinson Batman Movies will be cancelled or not or will let him continue in parallel with the New Batman that will replace Ben Affleck

BTAS didn't world-build the DCAU, though (aside from the Star Labs reference in the first episode). It was pure Batman until STAS and TNBA came along and made a shared universe full of heroes.
Although Zatanna did turn up in BTAS

"Zatanna" is the fiftieth episode of Batman: The Animated Series and originally aired on February 2, 1993. It introduces magician Zatanna, making her the first superhero guest star of the DC Animated Universe.
Zatanna (episode)

Like the BTAS Batman circa season 1 and 2, I'd like for him to have been around for several years , already has a Robin who's in his teens, and already have most of his Rogues Gallery intact.

He's Batman whose got it together.
He's a pro.
He knows his purpose, he has a code, he's at the top of his game mentally and physically, he's not looking to retire .

I'd also be down with a Nightwing or Batgirl already existing as well.

Of course, I'd also like him to be a Batman whose dealt with the more fantastical elements of the DC Universe with baddies like Man Bat, Clayface, Mad Monk, and a truly immortal Ras Al Ghul .

Basically a version close to the Dini/Timm / Conroy , version in terms of his status .

batman-batman-the-animated-series.gif

I would rather they just build all that stuff up with the Pattinson movies (first appearance of sci fi villains like Clayface, introduction of Robin and Batgirl, etc) instead of just starting off with it already have happened.

Pattinson's Batman isn't gonna be the Gunnverse Batman , so I would hope that with the Gunnverse Batman alot of that stuff would already be intact.

Now if Reeve's wants to use characters like Mr. Freeze ,Clayface, or Robin, as has been speculated in his own plan, i'm all for him building up his own versions for his continuity.

But for the DCU continuity, which is not going to be the Reeves continuity, I'd prefer we have an established Batman with his rogues in tact.

I don't wanna see a rookie Batman in the Gunnverse, and I doubt that a rookie Batman or a year two Batman is part of Gunn's plans.

Pattinson is 36 now. He'll be 39 or 40 by the time any DCU films come out.

He played a ( roughly ) 30 year old Bruce Wayne.

Set the DCU a few years in the future
Keep the sequel to the Batman in the same timeline as the Batman.
( Pre superman, GL etc. )

By the time films from the DCU do come out, pattinson's batman would have already delt with the fantastical.

This all hedges on IF pattionson will even be the DCU Batman.

It's just him mocking the blue batsuit idea. He's basically saying it'd look as ridiculous as that if they tried it.

Probably, but i can see these people stick to vague tweeting for a while considering Gunn doesnt shy away from calling out their fake leaks etc.
So vague tweeting is the way to go.
That way you still get the attention as we can see here, while being safe from being embarrassed by Gunn.

Probably, but i can see these people stick to vague tweeting for a while considering Gunn doesnt shy away from calling out their fake leaks etc.
So vague tweeting is the way to go.
That way you still get the attention as we can see here, while being safe from being embarrassed by Gunn.
Nah in this case it's just him mocking it. I've seen him mocking the blue batsuit idea before.

I was right Pattinson is now Confirmed not to be the Batman of the New DCEU Pattinson Batman and Phoenix Joker are now Elseworlds maybe DC Elseworlds are a New DC Movies Line

Pattinson's Batman isn't gonna be the Gunnverse Batman , so I would hope that with the Gunnverse Batman alot of that stuff would already be intact.

Now if Reeve's wants to use characters like Mr. Freeze ,Clayface, or Robin, as has been speculated in his own plan, i'm all for him building up his own versions for his continuity.

But for the DCU continuity, which is not going to be the Reeves continuity, I'd prefer we have an established Batman with his rogues in tact.

I don't wanna see a rookie Batman in the Gunnverse, and I doubt that a rookie Batman or a year two Batman is part of Gunn's plans.
With Battinson learning his trade in the Reeves film
I also prefer an already established Batman and rogue’s gallery for the DCU version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"