• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Audio/Sound on Internet Browser

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
My problem is that while audio works just fine on regular system functions (the system audio, watching a DVD, using iTunes or Windows Media Player, etc.), there is no audio whatsoever on my browser. At first, I thought the problem was with my Firefox browser, then I found out that even with Internet Explorer, there is still no sound/audio. I uninstalled and reinstalled both browsers and nothing changed.

So i figure maybe there is something wrong with my codecs, so I check to see if any of them are damaged or missing, and they are all still intact. Then I figure maybe there is something wrong with my speakers and they are just fine. I checked the sound properties on the control panel and everything is correctly set up. Then I made sure all of my plugins (Flash, Java, Shockwave, etc.) were up to date and they all are up to date. So then last but not least, I try to system restore my computer to a few days ago. I did and my internet browser still does not play audio/sound.

Seriously, yesterday everything was perfectly fine. Then I shut off my computer before I leave my house. When I turn it on this morning, anything audio/sound related with my internet browser does not work. I can watch videos on YouTube, but I can't hear anything, etc.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"