• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

No Fantastic Four 3?

The Man of Steel

Sidekick
Reaction score
No Fantastic Four 3?

Source: MTV
March 20, 2008

We're not really surprised by Chris Evans' comments to MTV, because 20th Century Fox and Marvel Studios are leaning more towards a Silver Surfer spin-off with a script by J. Michael Straczynski than they are moving forward with a third Fantastic Four movie.

"I'm pretty sure we won't do [another] one," Evans said, adding that as far as he's concerned, it's "a closed book."

Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige last summer said the Silver Surfer movie had been "moved to the forefront" of discussions. And just last month, Straczynski said the spin-off will cover the origin of the character and will feature Galactus.

Now this sucks. I really wanted one more with this cast. This really sucks.

this is great now we can hope people can forget this abysmal franchise.

reboot 5-7 years from now :doom:

i must say i was actually saddened by this. The FF series were so enjoyable to watch. they didn't take them selves too seriously.

Although, i'm not sure how you can top the end of the world scenerio.

But i wish they came up with something. Sad day indeed.

Maybe this takes the series closer to it's returning to Marvel, ala the Hulk.

Maybe this takes the series closer to it's returning to Marvel, ala the Hulk.

Hopefully.

Although I enjoyed both FF films I would love to see how they would be done under Marvel.

do you guys want an FF that's dark and serious?

No, I don't think it should be too dark or serious for that matter. The problem I had with the second one was the humour became a little too childish.

As for both films, they needed more and better action/threat. I just didn't feel the threat of Galactus as I should have.

That and I think if they redo the series don't waste budget for action scenes on saving a firetruck and a giant ferris wheel(forgot the name of the famous one in the film in London). It was because of those scenes that actual fights and whatnot weren't as great as they could have been.

No, I don't think it should be too dark or serious for that matter. The problem I had with the second one was the humour became a little too childish.

As for both films, they needed more and better action/threat. I just didn't feel the threat of Galactus as I should have.

That and I think if they redo the series don't waste budget for action scenes on saving a firetruck and a giant ferris wheel(forgot the name of the famous one in the film in London). It was because of those scenes that actual fights and whatnot weren't as great as they could have been.

:up: Agreed, i still cant believe we never actually got a scene of the FF fighting SS in the 2nd movie.

You know that we do not have only the two alternatives: childish bore/dark & serious.:cwink:

FF should have been great sci-fi (I mean, a really intelligent story, like those by John Byrne or Alan Davis), with a great cast, emotion climax, spiteful, powerful monarch who can make machines and magic, Doom and, why not? humour.

IF Marvel knows its material, they'll start it over and call a good team to assure the delivery. :o

I'm REALLY happy this crappy franchise is done. RIP :woot:

You know, looking at Iron Man and the trailer for The Incredible Hulk, I´m thinking this could actually be the best possible thing that happened to this franchise. Maybe it will take some years, but Marvel can get the rights for the characters back and produce its own movie, and get it f***ing right this time and do a great, epic sci-fi adventure that the FF deserve instead of a lame sitcom.

Disappointing... guess Fox must have run out of ideas with this one... o well... never was a big fan of these movies. I thought they'd stretch one more film out of this though.

Let's not forget that Fox has until 2012 to release it's third film, so Marvel does not have it back yet! But if the FF does go back to Marvel, at least they will treat it with the respect that the corner stone of the Marvel Universe deserves!

:up: Agreed, i still cant believe we never actually got a scene of the FF fighting SS in the 2nd movie.

Well the thing should have clobbered him at least once but the johnny chase was great.

Look I think they can squeeze at least one more film out of this franchise. they could get more if they just somehow managed to invigorate the series but how would they do it. It would probably mean dropping Tim Story and I think the studio may not want to eat that contract.

I think Tim was cool, but from what I understand he lost some battles that needed to be won. However, Other A list directors have had the same treatment from Fox so why would we think Tim would fare any better.

Now this is a day when i wish Advanced Dark mantra on Fox milking this cash cow meant more than the feelings of Chris Evans, but no one has come out and said anything.

Come to think of it, not much is being said by anyone at the studio or Marvel film division, on FF3 or the Silver Surfer project.

Seems a little strange. The sad thing is that all they had to do is expand the film instead of make it by the exit poll numbers and they could have had a huge blockbuster.

A sad day indeed if we don't get one more.

I'm not saddened at all. If anything I'm relieved. No more Alba as the most looking blonde ever :p .

Well the thing should have clobbered him at least once but the johnny chase was great.

Look I think they can squeeze at least one more film out of this franchise. they could get more if they just somehow managed to invigorate the series but how would they do it. It would probably mean dropping Tim Story and I think the studio may not want to eat that contract.

I think Tim was cool, but from what I understand he lost some battles that needed to be won. However, Other A list directors have had the same treatment from Fox so why would we think Tim would fare any better.

Now this is a day when i wish Advanced Dark mantra on Fox milking this cash cow meant more than the feelings of Chris Evans, but no one has come out and said anything.

Come to think of it, not much is being said by anyone at the studio or Marvel film division, on FF3 or the Silver Surfer project.

Seems a little strange. The sad thing is that all they had to do is expand the film instead of make it by the exit poll numbers and they could have had a huge blockbuster.

A sad day indeed if we don't get one more.

Please, no F3. Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssseeeee! :oldrazz:

Disappointing...for me. I was happy to get what we got - these were my childhood heros.

I wasn't a huge fan of the series, but I would have liked to see another one with that cast.

I assume the Silver Surfer movie keeps the FF rights with Fox, right? If so, what could happen after that?

GOOD!! Now We wait 5 Years, and get a decent Director & Script Writer...and launch "Fantastic Four:Begins"!:woot:

They won't reboot... I am tired of it... there is no need. Marvel won't redo the origin. They will recast more comic book counterpart actors... Reed and Sue will begin married... and they'll use different villains... it won't be called FF 3 though... FF and the "Blank". Unless you consider that a reboot... I guess it would be the same thing as Hulk though I think they'd stay in the general continuity of things.

If Marvel did get the rights back, why waste time with retelling the origin. The first movie got it close enough, DOOM was the problem! Move on to new stories and new villains!

There is really no point doing it any time soon unless you can get the cast back. Maybe like a Mummy 3 time frame or Rush Hour 3 time frame... thing is... those movies had the leads returning for the most part. I don't think what we are getting with TIH will be the new trend for more franchises or even the right trend for that matter. Or they can reboot (the way that was mentioned above) the franchise along with Dare Devil once the Avengers movie is out of the way.

If Marvel did get the rights back, why waste time with retelling the origin. The first movie got it close enough, DOOM was the problem! Move on to new stories and new villains!

As far as origins are concerned, ya it came close.

but YES; the absolute rape of Dr. Doom, arguably the most awesome villain of all of Marvel, is what killed this franchise......along with the terrible acting, directing, writing....

This sucks. I don't care what anyone else says, I loved this cast. They had the perfect chemistry with this cast, and all played their parts very well. Yes I'll admit the first film was a bit underwhealming, but I think it's a much better movie than what it's been given credit.

I enjoyed both FF movies far more than I did X3 or Superman Returns combined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"