• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

No Fantastic Four 3?

Why not just bring back the Surfer himself ? Have Part 3 set a few years after Part 2 & the Surfer returns to Earth to officially join the team since his home world was destroyed

I would think the Inhumans would be fair game for an FF sequel, just like any of Marvel's mutants are usable in an X-Men movie - but I do not see how they could be done right on the present FF budgets. They don't even spend the money to do the four heroes right, plus one villain; so I shudder to think what they would do with an entire race of Inhumans, or even the seven main ones!

They screwed up FF twice and now you want them making an Inhumans spin-off?!?

NO, I don't want to see Fox screw up the Inhumans - re-read my post! I was just saying that those characters are probably inclusive under the FF umbrella like many mutants were with the X-Men.

Like so many of us, I would like to see Marvel get the FF back and let them take a shot at ALL future movies.

I think Fox could do a good job under new management. There is going to be a HUGE shakeup at Fox, as they've fallen behind Universal in market share.

Based on the performance of films like Iron Man that came out of no where, Fox isn't just going to give up rights to something that could potentially be a money maker.

What else do they have going for them? Absolutely nothing. they are dying on the vine right now, and heads are rolling.

If it goes back to Marvel, great, but I just want a (good) sequal made either way.

Im hoping they do but I'd be REALLY surprised if Fox gave FF over to Marvel. Again, FF can make Spidey and TDK numbers if it has a good director, its just a story that appeals to all age groups and its a really fun one at that.
I hate Fox to death, especially this year...after having the BEST comic book movie year ever so far with Iron Man, Hellboy 2, and The Dark Knight...of course Im going to be upset that one of my favorites (FF) got a crappy big screen adaptation.
It seems like Fox is trying to give out quality (I say this only because they seem to actual doing good moves with Wolverine...I may be and probably am wrong however) but they've done so much wrong that I cringe just hearing them announce future plans.......

X3 should've been freakin awesome :cmad: !!!

There was no mention of FF3 at the marvel panel. Once again reaffirming that the franchise has been put on ice or extended hiatus. The SS movie however still looks to be on the cards but it depends on the success of Wolverine if that gets greenlit.

SDCC: Tidbits from the Marvel Panel
Source: Edward Douglas July 25, 2008

Friday at Comic-Con International kicked off with a panel in one of the smaller halls that combined the different divisions of Marvel with Kevin Feige on board for Marvel Studios, Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada and Dan Buckley for Marvel Publishing and Craig Kyle there for Marvel Animation. After a couple of slides of all of Marvel's upcoming projects and events (all which have been announced), they went right to questions from the audience. (Because this is a site about superhero movies, we will mainly focus on the questions fielded by Marvel Studios' President of Production Kevin Feige.

Kevin Feige said that they want to hire filmmakers and get the scripts in order before casting their upcoming high-profile movies despite there being a lot of rumors and speculation going on right now.

Feige also affirmed that The Incredible Hulk lived up to their expectations and the response from the audience was generally good, and he said that the Hulk will certainly return.

When asked whether Marvel Studios might ever get some of the other characters back in order to make their own movies, he said that there were very specific contractual obligations and he didn't think Sony or Fox would let go of Spider-Man or The X-Men anytime soon.

It certainly seems like Thor and Ant-Man will be the movies that Marvel Studios will be focusing on for the rest of the year from the way they were paired together in the slides and mentioned, but maybe that's just this writer's speculation. (Yeah, probably.) He wasn't able to comment on whether Jon Favreau is officially signed to Iron Man 2 (so basically, that holding pattern continues to hold.)

Dr. Doom won't be in the Avengers movie since he's part of the 20th Century Fox contract with Marvel, though he couldn't say whether he might be in future "Avengers" sequel. (Of course, this all depends on whether Marvel ever gets those characters back from Fox.)

As it's been reported, there's a script for a Silver Surfer movie, but Feige believes that Fox will wait and see how X-Men Origins: Wolverine does before committing.

Marvel has no plans to license out any other characters for movies that haven't already been licensed out. (That got a big round of applause.)
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7540

There was no mention of FF3 at the marvel panel. Once again reaffirming that the franchise has been put on ice or extended hiatus. The SS movie however still looks to be on the cards but it depends on the success of Wolverine if that gets greenlit.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7540

Yeah my belief is that FF3 has never been cancelled its just there is a bus cue thing going on at Fox.

They don`t want to make FF3 until they have made a spin-off featuring Silver Surfer.

They don`t want to make Silver Surfer until they have tested out doing solo spin-offs with Wolverine.

So most likely we can expect this to happen...

Wolverine - 2009. If that does okay then....

Silver Surfer - 2010-2011. If thats does ok then...

Fantastic Four 3 - 2012-2014.​

Which is ok I guess but verging on recast. I mean it will be almost a decade since the first film by then.

I think if Wolverine is a hit it would give them more incentive to greenlight Magneto... but then again it's good to take a break from X-Men at the same time. No way will SS or Magneto make it to a summer 2010 release if Fox is holding out on Wolverine's success first. I'd be keen on a Holiday 2010 release OR a February/March 2011 release for SS... then Magneto for spring/summer 2012ish. Nice 3-4 year gap between films in these respective franchises. FF3 is a LONG SHOT but summer 2012/2013 is the only window. They'd have to pick up with a Franklin Richards type storyline to account for the years in between. I don't think FF3 will happen regardless of the success of these spinoffs.

I thought Fox lost their rights to the FF by 2012, or they had that long to make three movies, or something..,anyone remember the terms of their deal?

They got until 2012 to make another film (SS or FF) and then they get it for five more years... I THINK there may be a six film limit though I am not sure about that.

Does the SS spin off count as part of the 3 picture FF deal, since they owned SS before FF?

Yeah it counts. If SS gets made, then they will hold F4 rights.

Yeah my belief is that FF3 has never been cancelled its just there is a bus cue thing going on at Fox.

They don`t want to make FF3 until they have made a spin-off featuring Silver Surfer.

They don`t want to make Silver Surfer until they have tested out doing solo spin-offs with Wolverine.

Which is ok I guess but verging on recast. I mean it will be almost a decade since the first film by then.

After 4/5 years would anyone really be interested in seeing a FF sequel with the current cast? I doubt that.:o

Surfer seems like the most likely thing to happen next but the whole thing is very uncertain.Outside the screenwriter no one is really talking about it.

I think Fox and Marvel should try to renegotiate their current deal.Under the new terms Fox would handle the distribution and promotion (something they're actually good at) and Marvel would have full creative control on the movie itself.

In my opnion the FF franchise has all the ingredients to be as big as the Iron Man and Spider-Man films if not bigger.

I think the whole reboots have worn thin... so if Fox doesn't make either FF3 or SS ever then I don't want to see another movie for a while... not by 2012 or even 2014. If Marvel is making Silver Surfer for 2012 with Fox distributing that's fine but you can always come back to that. However once Fox loses the rights I wouldn't mind seeing some crossovers in other movies but that's about it really. I won't rule out a sequel because we have seen other franchises get a third or fourth installment six years or more after the last movie with the same cast... but I don't see that happening in this case. But no full blown FF movie with a new cast for another fifteen years or so.

i like the first 2 movies, don't love them, but i certainly do enjoy them. i'm aware of the comics so it's not like i'm ignorant of the source material, but i think a third movie needs to be done. whether or not the last movie did better than the first. if they get a good enough script, put enough time and effort into the movie (i'd personally like a 3rd to be a little longer) and get good performances from the actors than i belive a third could make more sense of the trilogy. especially if they tried redeeming doom one more time. he was good in the first (could have been more evil but i liked him) and there wasn';t enough of him in part 2. they clearly ended his part of the movie so ubruptly becuase he wasn't the main threat. but for a third i think he needs to become the villain everybody wants and put a good ending to his character

i like the first 2 movies, don't love them, but i certainly do enjoy them. i'm aware of the comics so it's not like i'm ignorant of the source material, but i think a third movie needs to be done. whether or not the last movie did better than the first. if they get a good enough script, put enough time and effort into the movie (i'd personally like a 3rd to be a little longer) and get good performances from the actors than i belive a third could make more sense of the trilogy. especially if they tried redeeming doom one more time. he was good in the first (could have been more evil but i liked him) and there wasn';t enough of him in part 2. they clearly ended his part of the movie so ubruptly becuase he wasn't the main threat. but for a third i think he needs to become the villain everybody wants and put a good ending to his character

They can do all that without relying on ending this trilogy.

Story's FF has little to offer this franchise moving forward.

That will work only if the SS movie allows them to keep the rights. They will definitely have to recast, the cast only has through next year on their contract. Which is fine with me, I hope Chiklis and Alba never do a comic book movie again that Fox has its hand in.

I can live with Chiklis but that freakin Alba is a movie cancer! EVERYTHING she plays in under achieves! F4 franchise is her best grossing films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"