• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

No Fantastic Four 3?

That's what the kids wuz sayin' at the comic shop yesterday.

Of course kids would like IM better.

IM is a fun action movie while Begins is a serious character drama/noir film.

Malus:

It does need to be much darker along with being better quality.

Of course kids would like IM better.

IM is a fun action movie while Begins is a serious character drama/noir film.

I was using "kids" as in "the people at" the comic shop.
(As we all know, most of the "kids" in comic shops are well over 18.)
We're talking about the typical customers, late teens to late twenties. And the general consensus was that IRON MAN was the most fun they'd had since Spidey 2.

Begins is "serious character drama/noir?"
I ain't touchin' that one.

The FF films don't need to be any darker than IRON MAN or SPIDER-MAN. I mean how dark could you make Batman and Robin if most of their primary interaction was humor at the other's expense? Because that is Ben and Johnny.

Time and time again, following the spirit of the source material has proven (more often than not) to yield great results. Period. (And that includes Batman Begins.)

Malus:

I agree it doesn't need to get darker then Iron Man or Spider-man.

Malus:

I agree it doesn't need to get darker then Iron Man or Spider-man.

Ironman and spiderman are absolutely not Dark at ALL!!

Fantastic four doesn't need to be darker just serious and not a joke with horrible directing.

FF-ROSS, IMO was better than the first one. The F4 franchise had such potential and not to dig on the cast the writing and stories were more suspect than the cast. However, I think they could have done better with casting Mr. Fantastic.

F4 could stand a re-boot.

My last point:
BMB was better than Iron Man. :word: IM was good but Batman Begins was better.

I would not be surprised if Fox did do a third FF, just to try to ride the Marvel wave that Iron Man has created. Of course, they will not give it a $140-150 million budget like IM, and the results will show.

Batman Begins was a waaaay better film altogether.

I think you're going to find yourself increasingly in the minority opinion as more and more people see IRON MAN in the weeks ahead. (And not that box office is any indicator of quality, but of course IRON MAN's opening weekend crushed Batman Begins and you can bet Dark Knight won't surpass it.)

I saw it again yesterday after a week and was even more impressed on second viewing. Women are definitely digging Robert Downey Jr. as a more mature leading man, certainly more so than Tobey Maguire. And it doesn't drag for a minute, something I can't say about any other recent superhero flick, including Spidey 2.

I've never been much of an IRON MAN fan, but I'm starting to think this film may just be the most fun superhero movie ever made.
It's impressively faithful and well-paced, it has perfect casting, great special effects and -except for a couple of minor vulgarities- it's completely "family-friendly."

If Incredible Hulk is half this good, I'll start praying for Marvel Studios to get their hands on the FF.
Because when a Fantastic Four movie is finally made properly, it will be one of the greatest superhero films ever.

:ff:

Ironman and spiderman are absolutely not Dark at ALL!!

Tony gets his hearted ripped out by Stane. That was an incredibly dark scene.

Uncle Ben's death scene, Green Goblin gives Aunt May a heart attack, the death of Octavius wife in 2, Venom viciously tears apart police officers on video camera and Spider-man's second fight with Sandman with his dark suit.
Fantastic four doesn't need to be darker just serious and not a joke with horrible directing.

They don't need to be Batman Begins but I'd like them to be slightly darker then Story's FF. That was to cute.

and not a joke with horrible directing.

Yup. That need to be fixed.

I think you're going to find yourself increasingly in the minority opinion as more and more people see IRON MAN in the weeks ahead. (And not that box office is any indicator of quality, but of course IRON MAN's opening weekend crushed Batman Begins and you can bet Dark Knight won't surpass it.)

I saw it again yesterday after a week and was even more impressed on second viewing. Women are definitely digging Robert Downey Jr. as a more mature leading man, certainly more so than Tobey Maguire. And it doesn't drag for a minute, something I can't say about any other recent superhero flick, including Spidey 2.

I've never been much of an IRON MAN fan, but I'm starting to think this film may just be the most fun superhero movie ever made.
It's impressively faithful and well-paced, it has perfect casting, great special effects and -except for a couple of minor vulgarities- it's completely "family-friendly."

If Incredible Hulk is half this good, I'll start praying for Marvel Studios to get their hands on the FF.
Because when a Fantastic Four movie is finally made properly, it will be one of the greatest superhero films ever.

:ff:

I agree with you. Although I like BB, I don't think TDK's opening will surpass IM (which is on its way to 300 million). IM is a movie that gets better with repeat viewing, and unfortunately BB as good as it is drags on on 2nd viewing already. IM is one of the best superhero movies ever made and has a chance to become the highest-grossing movie of the summer.

This is all I've been trying to say. The movie needs to get more serious and a little darker. The humor needs to go down just a little notch.

To me the success of Iron Man perfectly showcases what went wrong with FF. For a long time people gave me s*** for criticizing the FF movies like I wanted them to be all dark and cerebral, and they were meant to be "fun". And look at IM, it´s a fun movie, it´s very entertaining, it´s not too dark or too cerebral, but you know what it is, it´s well-done, it´s also serious and intelligent, and it never needs to go down to doing tons of bad sitcom comedy to be "fun". And it was granted decent runtime and budget to tell the story properly and in an exciting way, all that Fox denied FF.

Thor:

Yes, it will.

Story's FF films are live action comedic cartoons. IM and Spider-man weren't.

But making something less funny or stupid or whatever doesn't make it darker.

A little? They need to not make it the backbone of the stories. It should be small moments like in IM, not overwhelm the entire movie.

I agree. We need the funny moments from Ben and Johnny, but not through the entire movie. The movie also needs to be close to 120min rather than the 90 minutes we got.

But making something less funny or stupid or whatever doesn't make it darker.

It does. Just not to the extreme.

FF won't become Batman Begins if they tone the humor down it'll just be more serious then the current movies.

NCS:

The length is another problem.

Something can be unfunny and still not be dark at all. You really need to learn what dark means in this context. Only making it darker will make it darker, making it less funy just makes it less funny.

Good, both films sucked. Fox should be ashamed.

I dont think humor per say is the problem but corny humor. If they make the humor a bit more mature but not completely and tone it down just a little, it'll be great (ala Iron Man).
but please...dont make a dark FF, it can be serious without losing its original tone that has been developed in the comics for 40+ years.
By the way, I don't understand this Iron Man vs Batman Begins debate...BB is clearly the better film, imo. Iron man is really great though and I'm def a marvel fan more so than DC but BB is just better. Also TDK really has a chance to beat Iron Man opening weekend..a lot of people are anticipating it, more so than they did Iron Man.

I just hope in the future we get an awesome Fantastic Four reboot. I'm getting goosebumps just talking about it. Spider-man and Fantastic Four are my favorite superheroes. I've already seen 2 awesome spidey flicks just give me at least ONE awesome Fantastic Four movie and my life is complete! :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"