• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Origin... Confirmed by Latino Review

If Kurosawa don`t see Siegel & Shuster Krypton with people flying around or whatever crap there was in the golden age version, orphanage and all he won`t be satisfied.

LOL, i just saw the superfriends and fleisher origin on youtube and IT SUCKS SO BAD. Why the **** would the Kents give Kal-el to an orphanage?! aND BECAUSE the owner was scare, that`s why he would give him back to the Kents. LMAO. Terrible writing.

Your lack of respect for Siegel and Shuster and the real Superman makes me ****ing sick.

REAL SUPERMAN??!?!? LMAO.

Do you actually like the orphanage thing in the original origin? THAT WAS SO ****ING TERRIBLE IT`S BEYOND REASONS. Oh, and everybody was super-powered on Krypton. LOL

That make no sense whatsoever.

Your lack of respect for the whole history of Superman, all the creators that were/are part of his history, beyond the original creators, who improved the character in a lot of ways, adding great mythology, makes me ****ing sick.

If Kurosawa don`t see Siegel & Shuster Krypton with people flying around or whatever crap there was in the golden age version, orphanage and all he won`t be satisfied.

LOL, i just saw the superfriends and fleisher origin on youtube and IT SUCKS SO BAD. Why the **** would the Kents give Kal-el to an orphanage?! aND BECAUSE the owner was scare, that`s why he would give him back to the Kents. LMAO. Terrible writing.

Your lack of respect for Siegel and Shuster and any Pre-1986 Superman makes me ****ing sick.

I actually love the Krypton pre-1986 with Brainiac stealing Kandor, Supergirl and all. That is actually my favorite version of Krypton. Combine that with some elements from the Byrne origins, especially that architecturre and it would be perfect. TAS version of it is also one of my favorites.

Krypton-1.jpg

I just don`t like S&S Krpyton. It`s dated.

I have the alternate universe crap of the Byrne period, Superman killing, protomatter supergirl, or whatever crap that was.

I actually love the Krypton pre-1986 with Brainiac stealing Kandor, Supergirl and all. That is actually my favorite version of Krypton. Combine that with some elements from the Byrne origins, especially that architecturre and it would be perfect. TAS version of it is also one of my favorites.

Krypton-1.jpg

I just don`t like S&S Krpyton. It`s dated.

I have the alternate universe crap of the Byrne period, Superman killing, protomatter supergirl, or whatever crap that was.

It was barely even shown but it was basically the Silver Age Krypton.

And i love the silver age krypton. I just think some elements can be combined from every incarnation. I love the mythology of the Silver age. I just don`t like the design and some aesthetic aspects, that`s all. For example, one thing i really like from the Byrne origins is "the green plague", the radiation was ALREADY killing kryptonians before krypton exploded. I loved that.

It was something that was also shown in the "Last Days of Krypton" novel.

REAL SUPERMAN??!?!? LMAO.

Do you actually like the orphanage thing in the original origin? THAT WAS SO ****ING TERRIBLE IT`S BEYOND REASONS. Oh, and everybody was super-powered on Krypton. LOL

That make no sense whatsoever.

Your lack of respect for the whole history of Superman, all the creators that were/are part of his history, beyond the original creators, who improved the character in a lot of ways, adding great mythology, makes me ****ing sick.

I can take or leave it, it's not an essential part, nor was Kryptonians being all superhuman although you should show Siegel and Shuster more respect.

And i love the silver age krypton. I just think some elements can be combined from every incarnation. I love the mythology of the Silver age. I just don`t like the design and some aesthetic aspects, that`s all. For example, one thing i really like from the Byrne origins is "the green plague", the radiation was ALREADY killing kryptonians before krypton exploded. I loved that.

It was something that was also shown in the "Last Days of Krypton" novel.

Silver Age Krypton is the best overall version, imo. The idea of Kryptonite poisoning was first explored in Supergirl's origin.

It`s not only NOT AN ESSENTIAL PART, but is also STUPID as hell.

I have respect for them. I just don`t think they are the one and only thing about Superman like you seem to think and preach for. Superman as a character and his mythollogy, thankfully, grew over the years, beyond them.

In fact, due to this recent legal battles, i believe their heirs are just plain greedy...

this is the thing so many of us have our wants for superman. For me i dont favor one more then the other myself. Since i am not that into DC comics reading. For me yes i like alot of stuff i know from the more modern age/time from when i was a kid-now. But i think the best thing as i keep saying is to find that common middle ground and use the best stuff from all of superman's history.

As for krypton i totally agree i dont want to see ice world of donner's any more. I would like a cross between naboo/courstant(spelling) from star wars. But the only thing from donner's take i would like to see used is crystals used for data storage and all that.

The thing is....giving Kal-el to an orphanage is just plain STUPID and a terrible idea.

When Superman was first created, he couldn't fly, nor could any Kryptonian. Even with all their powers, an exploding planet would still kill them. There's really nothing stupid to me about this, it's just a different take than what we're used to.

And what exactly is your problem with the Kents taking him to an orphanage?

One thing Singer got right was the notion of what's in the common conscious of the aduience about superman. In the case of adoption vs kents finding him, it's definitely the kents finding him. It makes it more special, they already know a little about his origin that they can reveal to clark later, it gives clark access to his ship. All that goodness is right there. With the adoption thing, you have to ask yourself, how did they find him? Did he just crawl out of the ship onto the road and someone saw him? What happens to the ship? Why wouldn't the adoption agency just turn him over to the government if they did notice anything weird about his arrival?

Just take the best pieces of his 70+ year mythology and work with that. Ignoring anything for the sake of ignoring it is pretty ignorant. However embracing what makes the character special and what's kept him revelant for all these years is much more of a reasonable approach to the character.

totally day, that is why i keep saying that myself. The best thing this new take can do is look at the character as a whole. Look at what elements majority of the fans/general audiences like. While looking back at the comics and finding the best elements that worked then/now and find that good common middle ground. so you can combine those elements together. And hopefully have a good rounded out superman character and film.

Without the Kents he can never become Superman, they're a huge reason as to why he becomes the man he does.

totally i really would love to see both kents alive this ago around. So we can have them play a part in his adult life, and to have once in awhile some nice family dynamic scenes. Then like in sequel/3rd film if we get to there maybe play with the idea of one dying.

One thing Singer got right was the notion of what's in the common conscious of the aduience about superman. In the case of adoption vs kents finding him, it's definitely the kents finding him. It makes it more special, they already know a little about his origin that they can reveal to clark later, it gives clark access to his ship. All that goodness is right there. With the adoption thing, you have to ask yourself, how did they find him? Did he just crawl out of the ship onto the road and someone saw him? What happens to the ship? Why wouldn't the adoption agency just turn him over to the government if they did notice anything weird about his arrival?

Just take the best pieces of his 70+ year mythology and work with that. Ignoring anything for the sake of ignoring it is pretty ignorant. However embracing what makes the character special and what's kept him revelant for all these years is much more of a reasonable approach to the character.

Originally the Kents found him, took him to the orphanage, then came back for him the next day. As for why they never turned him over to the government...I guess they decided it would be best to just get rid of the kid.

totally i really would love to see both kents alive this ago around. So we can have them play a part in his adult life, and to have once in awhile some nice family dynamic scenes. Then like in sequel/3rd film if we get to there maybe play with the idea of one dying.

This is something I'd like to see as well. I was thinking that maybe there's a huge disaster in Metropolis and Superman is there helping people(probably caused by the films main villian) Jonathan then ends up dying not of a heart attack, but a farming accident while this is all happening. The fact that Superman couldn't be there to save him would make this a powerful moment in the movie.

yea totally. i just like to see a different dynamic this time with the kents and clark.

Hey guys, i just had this thought a few hrs ago and decide to post it here to see what you think of this idea.

First since we know if all the goyer/jonah thing is confirmed to be true, and the whole no real origin deal. With luthor/brainaic as villains, and the subplot DP in bad shape due to the internet.

Well i am still hoping we do get some origin stuff be it sv and/or some krypton stuff. Which i really hope they dont not have any origins. As i said in my opinion would be a mistake not to have any origin stuff. So as i hope the film would be starting with maybe clark's first day at the daily planet, or his first public save as supes. With the story being that maybe he was doing it in secret for a short while before going public.

Well my idea was this. If they decide to go with the film starting out he has been superman for awhile say a few months and out and public and all that. What if they did a viral thing. Like the dark knight did. With those series of Gotham city news videos. From the POV of the daily planet. Talking about superman's arrival and maybe bring in stuff talking about lexcorp/lex and stuff like that. So if the film starts off with into the thick of things already. This could be a cool way to build up the characters and get to see why things are. So please make any comments on this idea. I would like to hear from you guys on what you think.

Latino Review specifically stated that Goyer's story is not an origin and it assumes that the audiences already knows about Clark, Lois, Perry and Jimmy. Just on that alone, I would imagine it's about an established Superman.

Originally the Kents found him, took him to the orphanage, then came back for him the next day. As for why they never turned him over to the government...I guess they decided it would be best to just get rid of the kid.

Wasn't he found by just a "passing motorist" at first?

well even with no origin, we could start the film off with clark arriving to the city for the first time or his first public save after he has been in the city for awhile. We jsut dont really know what the whole NO origin means.

Well my idea was this. If they decide to go with the film starting out he has been superman for awhile say a few months and out and public and all that. What if they did a viral thing. Like the dark knight did. With those series of Gotham city news videos. From the POV of the daily planet. Talking about superman's arrival and maybe bring in stuff talking about lexcorp/lex and stuff like that. So if the film starts off with into the thick of things already. This could be a cool way to build up the characters and get to see why things are. So please make any comments on this idea. I would like to hear from you guys on what you think.

Great idea Webhead, very smart filmmaking approach. I could def see them using something along those lines. Even Hancock had a great viral marketing camaign, with internet videos posted of so called Hancock sightings, along with people online comments about what they thought of him in their city. It was pretty cool if you followed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"