Eternals Not a Lannister - The Sersi thread

So if Jolie is playing Thena, who is playing Sersi? Or maybe there is no Sersi?

I think everyone was guessing that Sersi would be involved but there was never confirmation that character would be involved. Seems they're mixing and matching a bit.

Yeah don't think we are getting Sersi in the first one, maybe in the sequel.

Take this with a grain of salt but I did read somewhere else marvel might be doing a Ghost with the role of Sersi. Basically she’s going to be gender bent as the new lgbt character which kind of makes sense because they were looking for a gay Asian actor and I kind of see Sersi as Asian (my fave choice til recently was Constance wu)

Pretty interesting although of course it will be controversial if you sub out one minority for another. But it is interesting marvel have not yet announced casting for Sersi and the gay character

Take this with a grain of salt but I did read somewhere else marvel might be doing a Ghost with the role of Sersi. Basically she’s going to be gender bent as the new lgbt character which kind of makes sense because they were looking for a gay Asian actor and I kind of see Sersi as Asian (my fave choice til recently was Constance wu)

Pretty interesting although of course it will be controversial if you sub out one minority for another. But it is interesting marvel have not yet announced casting for Sersi and the gay character
Pretty sure one of the gay characters is Ikaris. I feel like Sersi could be Karen though and be revealed later in the film.

Pretty sure one of the gay characters is Ikaris. I feel like Sersi could be Karen though and be revealed later in the film.

Didn't the early reports say this was a love story between Ikaris and Sersi?

Maybe they are saving that + Sersi for a sequel and choosing instead to focus on introducing the audience to who the Eternals are.

Since the rumors were that Ikaris’ love interest would be Sersi, that would seemingly make a lot of sense. It would actually explain a lot. I’m just not sure yet how I would feel about it, if it were, hypothetically, true: maybe just because I really want Jameela Jamil for the role of Sersi.

Since the rumors were that Ikaris’ love interest would be Sersi, that would seemingly make a lot of sense. It would actually explain a lot. I’m just not sure yet how I would feel about it, if it were, hypothetically, true: maybe just because I really want Jameela Jamil for the role of Sersi.
I don’t think they are gender bending Sersi. I think she’ll exist and be cast. I just don’t know if Ikaris will be in love with her... I could see them changing his love interest up a little...

I don’t think they are gender bending Sersi. I think she’ll exist and be cast. I just don’t know if Ikaris will be in love with her... I could see them changing his love interest up a little...

I don’t think so either, I was just noting that it would technically make sense, in a way - it just would probably also cause a lot of justifiable backlash too.

Weren’t they looking for an Asian gay actor for the role? So probably of madden.

Although he might be one of those things :yay:

Err Sersi (Circe) is based on a greek mythological enchantress - a femme fatal
Don‘t think, they‘ll go gender swapping on a strong female role...since there still werent a lot strong female leads in the MCU

Adria Arjona from Good Omens could be an interesting choice.

She'd be a good choice but I don't know if her involvement in Sony's Morbius film will hold her back from appearing in the MCU.

Err Sersi (Circe) is based on a greek mythological enchantress - a femme fatal
Don‘t think, they‘ll go gender swapping on a strong female role...since there still werent a lot strong female leads in the MCU

Unless they change her to a trans character which I suppose is possible with the mentioning of LGBT being represented in interviews lately.

That would be so cool to see. It feels like people are getting more ready. For example I’ve heard heaps of people saying how much they would love to see Laverne cox play she-hulk

Just about 4 hours ago CBM posted the following:
Marvel Studios Reportedly Casting A Transgender Female Character For Upcoming Phase 4 Project

That link derives from original source here: EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios Casting Transgender Female Character – Could It Be Thor Character Sera?

The claim is that it's for one of the films that will be in production in 2020 speculating on Sera being included in Thor: Love and Thunder. It wouldn't surprise me if there's been some sort of misdirection being done to keep this information sealed until D23 though when I'm sure there'll be more announcements pertaining to Eternals.

Jamie Clayton FTW! #sensatesforever

tumblr-opi5ak-Ubn-E1uxikalo3-500.gif

Yeah don't think we are getting Sersi in the first one, maybe in the sequel.
Yeah thats what I'm thinking. Though Imconfused why would they wait for the sequel to introduce her, as the Eternals don't really have a lot of familiar names, that they are saving Sersi for the sequel.

I wouldn’t count Sersi out yet. She’s too big to miss out on. It would be like doing the avengers without cap or iron man

Yeah. But it would also be great to give someone who hasn’t cracked the big time yet a chance to become an A list. Guess we won’t know til she’s cast

Is it possible that they merged the characters of Sersi and Thena? I’m just wondering because Jolie was first reported as being in talks for Sersi. Maybe they decided to do it to avoid the inevitable Game of Thrones associations?

I don’t know. Seems like a odd thing to do

Yeah, it would be odd but they seem to be taking liberties with these characters and amalgam characters aren’t exactly a new thing in superhero cinema. Just seems weird that Jolie was strongly rumored to be playing Sersi and she isn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"