Obi Wan Kenobi General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

You do understand it's a mini-series right? Any sequel won't be a "season 2".

Wrong.

b26unpacrd791.jpg

This pretty much leaves them the door open to call any potential "sequel", Season 2.

Wrong.

b26unpacrd791.jpg

This pretty much leaves them the door open to call any potential "sequel", Season 2.
Dude, it ain't hard to look this stuff up.

The trailer's description on the Star Wars main channel:

Watch the new teaser trailer for Obi-Wan Kenobi, and start streaming the limited series May 25 on Disney+

Any "season 2" would be a walk back. As Forbes points out.

‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ Was Supposed To Be A Miniseries, Now All Cast And Crew Want Season 2

Here is the showrunner Chow on the idea that it could have more "seasons":

"I mean, there are of course more stories that you could tell. There's obviously another 10 years before we get to A New Hope and with a character like Obi-Wan Kenobi, I think even just watching him ride across the sand sometimes is interesting. So, who knows? It's hard to say right now, but it was not the intention."

This show has always been pitched as a limited series event, since they decided to switch it from a film to a show. So for the to do a "season 2" they'd have to switch it from a limited series to ongoning series. Which they haven't done yet. Disney has recently got caught up with this in regards to Moon Knight and Hawkeye. Both listed as limited series until they changed it.

So, who exactly is wrong again?

Dude, it ain't hard to look this stuff up.

The trailer's description on the Star Wars main channel:

Any "season 2" would be a walk back. As Forbes points out.

‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ Was Supposed To Be A Miniseries, Now All Cast And Crew Want Season 2

Here is the showrunner Chow on the idea that it could have more "seasons":

This show has always been pitched as a limited series event, since they decided to switch it from a film to a show. So for the to do a "season 2" they'd have to switch it from a limited series to ongoning series. Which they haven't done yet. Disney has recently got caught up with this in regards to Moon Knight and Hawkeye. Both listed as limited series until they changed it.

So, who exactly is wrong again?

When Season 2 is announced I'm going to remind you of how detrimental this first season was to the OT for you so you can skip your arrogant commentary on it in two years.

When Season 2 is announced I'm going to remind you of how detrimental this first season was to the OT for you so you can skip your arrogant commentary on it in two years.
Your inability to just admit you are wrong or accept others having opinions, isn't surprising. But what do you think you gain from writing this exactly?

Your inability to just admit you are wrong or accept others having opinions, isn't surprising. But what do you think you gain from writing this exactly?
If the show compromised the OT for you, why do you care about whether or not a second season happens? What's the benefit to you of continuing to discuss a work of Lucasfilm that is detrimental to previous works?

If the show compromised the OT for you, why do you care about whether or not a second season happens? What's the benefit to you of continuing to discuss a work of Lucasfilm that is detrimental to previous works?
Are you asking why I'm discussing Star Wars on a Star Wars discussion board? Did you miss my user name?

Are you asking why I'm discussing Star Wars on a Star Wars discussion board? Did you miss my user name?
So go discuss Star Wars content you care about.

Leave these subpar, OT-damaging Disney Plus aberrations to us ACTUAL supporters of them getting second seasons.

Leave these subpar, OT-damaging Disney Plus aberrations to us ACTUAL supporters of them getting second seasons.
I can discuss what I want, as long as I discuss within the rules. I'm talking about the material. You seem incapable of reading criticism of anything, which is not my burden to bear.

Everyone is allowed to discuss this here whether they like it or not. Stop with the “ACTUAL fans” nonsense. People can be Star Wars fans and still be critical of Star Wars content. Being a fan does not mean automatically loving everything from the franchise. If you keep trying to police the conversation, the one who won’t be able to post about Kenobi here is you.

McGregor was great, Christensen was great, Blair was great, Edgerton was great. All of the Vader scenes were absolutely delicious, and that final duel is an all-timer in the franchise. Seeing Vader move like that had me punching the air. And using the Force to block lightsaber blows? Yooooo.

The show as a whole still felt completely pointless and meandering, but that last character moment between Kenobi and Vader alone made it worth it. What an absolute body blow.

I just don't have any desire for a season two. Move on to new stories.

Last edited:
McGregor was great, Christensen was great, Blair was great, Edgerton was great. All of the Vader scenes were absolutely delicious, and the final duel between Vader and Kenobi is an all-timer in the franchise.

The show as a whole still felt completely pointless and meandering.
If they do more, I need more Owen and Beru. Desperately. I think the most well acted scenes were those between Ewan and Edgerton

I have no interest in a Season 2 either, but I'm fine with these characters appearing in other Disney Plus Star shows in the future, but its definitely time to move on from this particular story.

It's probably not going to happen, but I'd love it if Joel Edgerton got more to do somewhere down the line because he's such a talented actor to have in this universe and it was great seeing again him as Uncle Owen.

I have no interest in a 2nd season either but would have no objection with Obi-Wan popping up here and there in any other stories in the same time period.

E.g. if there DOES end up being a Reva show that picks up in that era, would be pretty natural to have Obi-Wan feature as a mentor type figure.

As for a season 2, it is going to require negotiations that take a bit more time to set up. We are not going to hear about a season 2 until they have contracts signed.

LFL really doesn't need more cancelled projects.

I mean it's not like Leia broke down after her whole planet was destroyed either.

As for a season 2, it is going to require negotiations that take a bit more time to set up. We are not going to hear about a season 2 until they have contracts signed.

LFL really doesn't need more cancelled projects.

I'd really need to be convinced how a S2 can work. I think this show alone as a limited series was already pushing canon to its breaking point. I don't think you can do more where it's Kenobi going on a journey or adventure like this.

As it stands, I think they told a perfectly good story with this season. Whatever they would come up with would have to be really stellar to keep me there for S2. I'm generally done with the Skywalker saga, and any offshoots of that, and I'd really like to see other stories from around the SW universe.

i get the criticisms and the series wasn't perfect but i enjoyed it immensely.
i don't think it needs a S2. the way it ended was perfect and how it bridges the gap from ROTS to ANH.
anything more would be pushing it.

also:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"