Official 2007-08 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fran

Banned User
Reaction score
Let's start talking about the new season! So many questions...

Will the Spurs repeat?
Will Cleveland improve to try and return to the Finals?
Which young team will challenge the East's beasts?
What move will the Kobes make?
And what will become of the once dominant Pistons?

All this and more in the 2007-08 NBA Thread!!

Will the Spurs repeat?

1. NO!!!!!
2. NO!!!!!
3. Toronto
4. Hopefully retirement.
5. The Pistons were never really dominate. Except in the East. My guess is Billups will leave. Rasheed will cry. Then leave. Then Chicago, Cleveland, Toronto, & Washington. Can finally get some respect.

I also think that Miami will be back, & talkier than ever. They are now nothing more than Bark.

Close the playoff thread, final results here on Tuesday.

Close the playoff thread, final results here on Tuesday.
on the pool results, i was robbed in that pistons and magic series!!! I predicted a sweep but for some odd reason the hype changed my results and the pistons in 6????!!!!:whatever:

Knicks will make the playoffs this year. Guarantee it! :o

on the pool results, i was robbed in that pistons and magic series!!! I predicted a sweep but for some odd reason the hype changed my results and the pistons in 6????!!!!:whatever:

Bump the quoted predictions, or stop whining.

Will the Spurs repeat?

1. They're definitely going to be favored. Stay healthy and me says...maybe
2. They might improve, but so will Miami, Detroit, and Chicago. I don't think they're better than those 3. Maybe Chicago, but not Detroit or Miami.
3. None
4. None
5. They'll still be one of the top 3 teams. I'd still put my money on them or Miami in the Finals.

WHAT ELSE?! WHAT ELSE?!

:woot:

1. They're definitely going to be favored. Stay healthy and me says...maybe
2. They might improve, but so will Miami, Detroit, and Chicago. I don't think they're better than those 3. Maybe Chicago, but not Detroit or Miami.
3. None
4. None
5. They'll still be one of the top 3 teams. I'd still put my money on them or Miami in the Finals.

WHAT ELSE?! WHAT ELSE?!

:woot:

*Replies* Now do sumpin!:cmad::ninja:

****, how'd I miss this thread? :huh:

Will the Spurs repeat?

I'd rather scrape my nipples off with a rusty SOS pad than watch the Spurs win another title. :o

It'll be hard for them to get any new players, given their salary-cap issues. They also won't have the luxury of playing ****ty teams in the first two rounds of the playoffs next year. I doubt they'll make it back.

The only "beast" in the East is Detroit, and that's pushing it, seeing how they've declined over the past few seasons. Chicago and Toronto really impress me, as does Orlando. :o

If they don't get Jermaine O'Neal, they could make a run at Zach Randolph. The Blazers would probably be happy with Odom, especially with his ballhandling abilities.

They'll continue to decline. They're still a top-four team in the East, but unless there's a big youth movement they aren't going to get into the Eastern Finals for a while.

:word:

Will the Spurs repeat?
Which young team will replace the East's (dying) beast?

No
Likely.
Chicago, if Paxson can get his head out of his ass.
No moves, maybe a trade, but not involving him.
Fade away into oblivion for a few years.

I think the Nuggets will be a pretty dominate team and make a good run for the Finals. They will be a complete team with Melo, A.I., Martin, all on the court at the same team. Plus, Nene and Camby. You know this is a team to be watchful for.

I don't think the Spurs will repeat.

The Lakers need to stop thinking Kobe will win by himself and build a team.

I think the Suns will be pretty dominate. They're going to be hungry for a championship.

As for the Cavs, I don't know. I don't think they'll make the Finals next year.

^ Kobe can't win a championship by himself. It takes a team, look at the Spurs. Kobe would be pretty dominate in the East, but he can't do it by himself.

^ It would, but then you'll have people wanting a team to help him. He'll be constantly double teamed and just look how people reacted to the Cavs. They had LeBron, sure. But look what happens when you have one star on a team.

We got our first couple of moves of the off-season:

-Wolves trade PG Mike James to Houston for Juwan Howard
-Pistons trade Carlos Delfino to Raptors for 2nd round picks in '09 and '10

I wouldn't want to see Kobe in Orlando. :down
Also, dominate is a verb. The noun of which you are thinking is dominant. Kthx.

Derek Fisher's daughter is recovering well
"She's doing very well," Fisher said. "We're taking it one day at a time, but she's responding well to treatment and her spirit's good. We have to monitor her blood count to make sure she's all right, but we're blessed. We just continue to be amazed and appreciative of the prayers and support that have come from not just Salt Lake City or people we know, but from people around the country. It's been moving and touching."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/jazz/2007-06-13-fisher-tatum_N.htm

:up:

Well at least something good came of this season.:up:

It isn't the Spurs fault that they completely outclassed the Lebrons

And no they probably won't repeat, cause with most of the guys returning they will probably lose the hunger for another one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXsohwQ4YR8

Also Kobe wants out...........again

JESUS TAP DANCING MOSES ON A CAMEL WITH THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!!

Edit: If this thread were any slower. It would be closed! Come on people! Offseason! New opportunities! Lets get this thing going!

There's nothing worth talking about. Not yet, anyway. The Kobe issue is old unless he DOES get traded, so until then or until the draft, I'd say it's going to stay this way.

That is good news.
JESUS TAP DANCING MOSES ON A CAMEL WITH THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!!

Edit: If this thread were any slower. It would be closed! Come on people! Offseason! New opportunities! Lets get this thing going!

I just want you to know that I'm likely to steal this and claim it as my own. :up:
  • I think Mamba has bipolar disorder or some mild case of schizophrenia: When the trade rumors first started, he shot them down saying "If I wanted a trade I'd ask for one".
  • A few days later, he's crying on Stephen A. Smith's show "Boo hoo hoo. I feel deceived. I've been lied to. I want a trade. There's nothing they can do to change my mind".
  • Later that afternoon, Big Chief Triangle calls him and says "Let us work this out". Apparently, that's one of the greatest statements ever because Mamba is on TV and radio the next day, basically singing the main song from The Sound of Music; "I don't want to go anywhere. This is my team. I grew up loving the Lakers. I want to stay. Bippity Bobbity Boop."
  • And now, like 2 or 3 weeks later, this bastard wants out again?
Christ, Mamba. Shut the hell up. :whatever:

The early money is on Phoenix, New York and Chicago. Not even Kupchak is loony enough to trade Bryant within the division. The Knicks don't have jack, in terms of viable talent, unless you want 50 cents (at best) on the dollar. That leaves the Bulls. If I'm the Lakers, I don't even think about it if Deng and Gordon (and most likely, the #9 pick) are firmly in play with whatever else it takes to make the deal work. I don't know if Paxson would gamble away his stockpiled talent on supremely talented, selfish headcase though.

Actually the Lakers, I'd tell Bryant to go **** himself unless the deal truly works for the franchise. He's on the hook for two more years and can't really dictate anything. It's not like he's going to sandbag his way out of town like that punk ass Vince Carter.

That is good news.

I just want you to know that I'm likely to steal this and claim it as my own. :up:

[Eddie Izzard]Do You Have A Flag?[/Eddie Izzard]
  • I think Mamba has bipolar disorder or some mild case of schizophrenia: When the trade rumors first started, he shot them down saying "If I wanted a trade I'd ask for one".
  • A few days later, he's crying on Stephen A. Smith's show "Boo hoo hoo. I feel deceived. I've been lied to. I want a trade. There's nothing they can do to change my mind".
  • Later that afternoon, Big Chief Triangle calls him and says "Let us work this out". Apparently, that's one of the greatest statements ever because Mamba is on TV and radio the next day, basically singing the main song from The Sound of Music; "I don't want to go anywhere. This is my team. I grew up loving the Lakers. I want to stay. Bippity Bobbity Boop."
  • And now, like 2 or 3 weeks later, this bastard wants out again?
Christ, Mamba. Shut the hell up. :whatever:

I really don't understand the love people have for this A-hole. I just don't!

The early money is on Phoenix, New York and Chicago. Not even Kupchak is loony enough to trade Bryant within the division. The Knicks don't have jack, in terms of viable talent, unless you want 50 cents (at best) on the dollar. That leaves the Bulls. If I'm the Lakers, I don't even think about it if Deng and Gordon (and most likely, the #9 pick) are firmly in play with whatever else it takes to make the deal work. I don't know if Paxson would gamble away his stockpiled talent on supremely talented, selfish headcase though.

Actually the Lakers, I'd tell Bryant to go **** himself unless the deal truly works for the franchise. He's on the hook for two more years and can't really dictate anything. It's not like he's going to sandbag his way out of town like that punk ass Vince Carter.

Phoenix is just fine the way it is.
Chicago - Please god no!
New York - Best possible option, but as you said. They have nothing to give up.

I fear Chicago could happen. I don't want it to, but it could. I mean as deep as the draft is. The #9 pick would be tempting alone. Please god don't let this happen.:csad: Maybe they will do a three with Minnesota, & Chicago will get Garnett.:woot:

Kobe Bryant = Hamlet.
"I don't know why I live yet to say 'this thing's to do' sith I have cause and will and strength and means to do it."
HAMLET80.JPG

Let me tell you something, the number 9 pick in the draft isn't going to do jack for the Bulls. I would actually feel better if they would include that pick in a trade for Kobe or whomever. I've explained this before, as is, the Bulls don't have enough. They have a lot of really likable players that play hard, but it isn't enough. Believe me, I love watching players like Nocioni and Deng and Gordon, but you cannot fall in love with this team, and I hope Paxson hasn't, because I guarantee you this much, if Paxson doesn't make some moves, if he keeps the same core players, the Bulls will just be a good team that doesn't have enough talent to make the leap to a championship caliber team. Getting a player of Bryant's ability instantly puts them on that level. Sure you may hate his talking, his past, whatever, the fact is that he is the best player in the game right now. And if you trust Skiles, and by now you should, then you would know that it won't become an "all about me" thing with Kobe on the Bulls because he would have actual players surrounding him. You would lose a lot of the hate you have for him pretty quickly over the season.

Kobe for Gordon, Deng, and the no. 9? Is that the most likely deal?

I haven't heard of any specific deals, but if thats one of them then I would do it in a heartbeat. It would most likely have to include Wallace as well, and they can take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"