Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the new Grant Morrison on Fat Man on Batman...

He just dropped the bomb that Batman actually killed the Joker at the end of Killing Joke, and that is why you see Batman reach out at him and the laughter just stops.

Wow, that changes so much about that book in my eyes. Who know that that could be under our noses for 20+ years?

Quoting this to make sure it's on the next page.

Eh, it does not change the fact that it's a terrible comic (and Moore has gone on the record to say he regrets writing it.)

I thought that was widely known already? Or is this important because it's he first time it was directly acknowleged?

I've heard that interpretation before, but I've never heard anybody really talk about it. I'm a little surprised it was a new idea to Kevin Smith, who's such a big Batman fan.

I'd like to hear what Moore has to say about it.

Yeah, I've read about that interpretation before. A cool and interesting twist for those who choose to look at it that way. To each their own I suppose.

I think Tim Burton viewed it that way.

There's a string of articles on Bleeding Cool about this; it's always been interpretive. Perhaps intentionally so.

In any case, the actually script is on one of the Bleeding Cool articles--and it makes no mention of any intention to depict Batman killing the Joker. The script basically says that they collapse into each other, laughing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the more aggressive "shove" or "reach" that Bolland drew Batman doing was his own idea, not Moore's. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Moore's intention to make it ambiguous, either.

I prefer it remain ambiguous, so I'm glad there's no final word on the subject.

Tim Burton knows Batman is Bruce Wayne, as you would know if you had watched Batman and Batman Returns.

Nah, i don't think so. The screenwriter knew, Michael Keaton knew and probably Jack Nicholson had an idea but Tim Burton still doesn't know what Batman is.

Sure, because you live in a cottage located somewhere inside Tim Burton's head right?

Anyway I decided to pick up Batman & Nightwing despite skipping the last couple of issues of this 5 stages of grief arc. That cover was just too damn tempting and I really wanted to see where Bruce and Dick both lie with each other in terms of coping with Damian's demise.

I enjoyed the issue. Alfred's moment was really touching.

Another great issue, emotional and touching. An awesome read I thought.

Nah, i don't think so. The screenwriter knew, Michael Keaton knew and probably Jack Nicholson had an idea but Tim Burton still doesn't know what Batman is.

I think he knows, since in his movies, batman was bruce wayne, whose rich parents had been killed, which made him decide to fight crime dressed as a giant bat in Gotham City. Sounds like Batman to me.

I enjoyed the issue. Alfred's moment was really touching.

Another great issue, emotional and touching. An awesome read I thought.

This really was the best of the bunch. I nearly cried at the end.

I loved the Requiem issue but was bored to tears with the next two and ended up skipping the two after that. Then I saw this cover and skimmed it. So I bought it, read it, and got choked up. Man... what a great issue!

This was one of the best issue of Tomasi's Run. He, once more, totally capture the voice of each character. His nightwing is as brilliant, and as in character as he was during his run on nightwing. The interactions were great. Dick killing the heretic was necessary imo. They were trying everything to save Damian in this situation. And he really had no other choice. Not to mention he probably feels guilty, because had the heretic not beat him down, Damian may not be dead. Of course, the Alfred part was incredible. It really resurrected the family. For the first time, instead of brooding because of the loss of one of his sons, Bruce shares his pain with someone he loves.

Also, Gleason's art was nothing short of brilliant. He brings so much energy and emotion in what he does. The only issue of the grieving stages i didn't like was the batgirl one. I need to reread the whole arc now. And I can't wait for everything Tomasi has in stock for us now. The batman and two-face arc, Arkham war, and his uber epic, that is coming in 2014... I think now is Tomasi's time. He'll really shine.​

Léo Ho Tep;26693519 said:
I think he knows, since in his movies, batman was bruce wayne, whose rich parents had been killed, which made him decide to fight crime dressed as a giant bat in Gotham City. Sounds like Batman to me.

This really was the best of the bunch. I nearly cried at the end.

I got choked up a bit at the end, but for me that requiem issue was one that drew a tear from my eye. So powerful without any dialogue at all. Just so damn good. That issue is just so heartbreaking. :csad:

The Dream, Requiem, and this newest issues are all equally fantastic for me.

I waited until this issue to read the Batman & _____ issues and I thought this it was absolutely fantastic. Everybody was written so spectacularly and everything was so heartfelt and I'm glad Batman & Robin is the perfect companion piece to Morrison's run.

Read Batgirl #23. Just read it ! it's really awesome !

Tomasi flexing that former bat editor knowledge of proper characterization. Some powerful writing. Seriously that issue just took Snyder and even Layman to school and I also buy those books. This is back on my regular read list.

I have a question regarding Batman R.I.P. There seem to be several versions of the TPB/HC, each one with a different page count:

- The regular TPB edition, with 224 pages (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Rip-...8&qid=1377231665&sr=1-1&keywords=batman+r.i.p)

- The Hardcover Special Edition, with 208 pages (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Delu...tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1377231665&sr=1-1)

- The Titan Books Hardcover, with 192 pages (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-R-I-...&qid=1377231881&sr=1-1&keywords=9781848561373)

Can anyone please tell me if there are considerable differents in terms of contents between this 3 versions? Does it all come to suplemental material and extras? A I missing out on anything, storywise, I read the 192 page version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"