Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - - - - Part 16

I get your point. But like I said, not only did I defended his work on Batman twice in the past few weeks, but I've also been a Batman eternal defender since its beginning. I'm starting to wonder if it will really end in 5 issues though, since we still don't know who the big bad is.

Well, again, I wasn't just talking to you there, and I don't think an instance or two of counter necessarily negates a long running cycle of what I'm talking about. But you are right, though, it's good that you're stepping up and trying to encompass more than one side as opposed to just being negative. I'll bow to that. Unlike that other guy, I know you are capable of good discussion.

Out of everything I am reading (for Batman) nothing really is good to talk about it.

Grayson/Batman artwork is the only highlight, or whenever Nguyen shows up... everything else is overwritten and bland with some rehashing, badly drawn, terrible coloring, and trite.

I can't escape reading Batman comics, I never will no matter how bad I think they are [ala 1995-1998 (sans Nightwing) and 2004-2009 (sans Morrison/Dini) and now 2012-2015] and that's why I fill that with new and awesome things like anything Brubaker is doing, Saga, Bone re-reading, Green Arrow 1980's back-issues, new Star Wars, and starting Y The Last Man.

I don't see who my complaining is hurting you. I'm the one still buying stuff I don't like... because of my blind devotion to anything Batman. Is it wrong to want great storytelling, better art overall, no rebooting/rehashing/et cetera, and less 'EPIC-Nessssss' being shoved down our throats? There are a lot of other great things going on in comics, its sad when Batman (my favorite and 'best' character ever) being under-writen, under drawn, and lost potential every so many years. It makes sense, he peaks for so many years... he "deserves" some valleys ever so often.

Last edited:
When I first read black mirror, I really loved it. Same goes for gates of gotham. I also really like court of owls. I started to dislike his work with night of owls. I think I prefer his work when it's on a much smaller scale. The whole "biggest ever" is not something I'm really fond of. For instance, I like the red hood stuff from zero, but I don't like much of what comes after.

I really think Snyder's strengths lies in smaller stories. When he put us in Dick's head (^^) during black mirror, it felt real. When he tries to humanize Gordon or Bruce in stories like death of the family or endgame, I don't think it feels as genuine.

About endgame, I didn't like the first issue, and I really disliked issues 39, but the other issues were interesting and left me on the alert. I hope the conclusion is great, and like I said earlier, I do think the way snyder leaves things ambiguous most of the time really works for me. I'm all for not having a clear answer in the end, because I think it can work in the context of this story.

I'm also curious about what the new statu quo will be.

SNYDER PROMISES "BOLDEST, WEIRDEST" STATUS QUO CHANGE COMING TO "BATMAN" POST-"ENDGAME"
http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...atus-quo-change-coming-to-batman-post-endgame

T708Sx7.jpg

BATMAN #41
Written by SCOTT SNYDER Art by GREG CAPULLO and DANNY MIKI
Cover by GREG CAPULLO
THE JOKER Variant cover by SEAN MURPHY
On sale JUNE 10 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
The all-new Batman makes his debut! Who is he, and what happens next? Find out here as a new era begins in Gotham City!

SNYDER PROMISES "BOLDEST, WEIRDEST" STATUS QUO CHANGE COMING TO "BATMAN" POST-"___________".

This sums up everything Snyder has said/done since 2012.

SNYDER PROMISES "BOLDEST, WEIRDEST" STATUS QUO CHANGE COMING TO "BATMAN" POST-"___________".

This sums up everything Snyder has said/done since 2012.

He really does say that about everything he does.

I'm never against changes, bold moves, or new interpretations. But I feel like I'm going to hate whatever "change" is coming, if that picture is any indication.

Yeah, bet you $100 this is just his reinterpretation of Az-Bat.

Well it was probably unavoidable, why should the batman universe be the only one that got pretty much unharmed with the new 52.

Its was expected that at one point somebody from DC would mess up...lets see how much they do with this.

toying with the statu quo is nothing new, I'm not worried about it. I guess the new batman will be the joker.

In the End, the fans decide what is status quo and what not...no matter how much DC or a writer thinks they are in charge.

Im not worried, most people dont consider zero year or endgame canon...so no matter what "bold" move snyder wants to pull...it will never be strong enough to become canon, im sure of it.

why not? Snyder's run has a lot of similarities with Morrison's run, and it could play with the idea of the joker bcoming the ultimate crime fighter when batman is not around. It could be fun.

Snyder mentioned that Endgame was his last Joker story, so I don't think this new status quo will have him involved at all.

BAT-MITE #1
Written by DAN JURGENS
Art and cover by CORIN HOWELL
1:25 Variant cover by CORIN HOWELL
On sale JUNE 3 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED E
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
Bat-Mite is here to fix the DC Universe – one hero at a time! Convinced that he’s the imp that put Batman on the map, he’s spreading his expertise all over the DC Universe, eager to boost the careers of heroes he thinks need his “help.” Don’t miss the start of this six-issue all-ages miniseries!

bat-mite-126889.jpg

SNYDER PROMISES "BOLDEST, WEIRDEST" STATUS QUO CHANGE COMING TO "BATMAN" POST-"ENDGAME"
http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...atus-quo-change-coming-to-batman-post-endgame

T708Sx7.jpg

Ok I am back after lurking on here for a few months

The things I like about change

1. Always interested in different batmen seeing how the suit and personality changes
2. some of the suit I like
Specifically the cloro design 95% of the body and gloves the rocket shoulder pads are kind of cool and I could get used to it

things I don't like about the change

1. weird or status quo changing really why can't we just have some good story telling ala Zero Year (which I loved)
2. Elements of the suit I don't like
The helmet/hood thing is aweful
No Cape
And the weird backpack thing

Ovber all I am curious to see what happens with it my guess is it's Either Jason Todd or Tim Drake or a brand new character we never even heard of (like Jonthan Blake their were rumors of him coming into the Dc Universe) If the story telling is good (like Grayson's run a few years back) I will welcome the new batman with open arms if the story telling sucks (like azbats run) yeah I will be unhappy

The gun as well as the blue and white ''police colors'' make me think that its Gordon in the suit

The gun as well as the blue and white ''police colors'' make me think that its Gordon in the suit
And the cover of Batgirl #41 shows the "new Batman" is going after her and we know from Simone's run that Gordon wants to arrest Batgirl.

DPq6nuC.jpg

Ya know, Gordon taking over for Batman for a bit isn't actually half bad of an idea. But that big blue rabbit-eared suit is ugly as ****.

Sounds like a pretty bad idea to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"