Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not. Selina is a flirtatious character, and I'm sure she's flirted with women before, but that's because she flirts with every character she meets. She's a passionate woman, with a past as a sex worker in a poor environment, so she probably couldn't be choosy with her clients, but that doesn't necessarily equate her to being a bisexual. Its not totally out of the blue, but its never been an openly acknowledged thing. She's never kissed or been in an onscreen relationship with another woman before, so yeah, I do think this news has merit.

Thats because something like that doesnt need to be acknowledged.
No matter how many times people try to tell others the opposite...we all are bisexual.

This is not a big secret or anything, we rolled with it for 30 years or so.
Just because an artist or writer doesnt throw it in our faces, makes it less canon.

Maybe in America it needs to be pointed out and talked about, but as an European i can say that it doesnt bother, surprises or shocks me personally.

Anyway...

The Newest Endgame really feels like an Endgame.
Synder throws everything into the mix and doesnt hold back.
And he certainly has a problem with Alfred, he doesnt give the guy a break.
Im thorn with the newest issue.

Thats because something like that doesnt need to be acknowledged.
No matter how many times people try to tell others the opposite...we all are bisexual.

This is not a big secret or anything, we rolled with it for 30 years or so.
Just because an artist or writer doesnt throw it in our faces, makes it less canon.

Maybe in America it needs to be pointed out and talked about, but as an European i can say that it doesnt bother, surprises or shocks me personally.

How about you read through my posts and point out where I indicated I was bothered, surprised, or shocked.

tumblr_mxisgvxoOP1qib9pno10_250.gif

Why are you bringing religion into this?

How about you read through my posts and point out where I indicated I was bothered, surprised, or shocked.

I didnt specifily meant you, sorry if it came off like this.

the difference between a hater and a fanboy is that us haters gave legitimate reasons not to like what happens in batman, unlike fanboys who can only state "I like it because it's great".

This issue was badly written, if only because the characterization made no sense at all. The super-villain team-up was totally dumb. There is no way that many of them would help batman that easily.

I like Julia in eternal, but she's really a non character here. The way she tells bruce about Alfred is so unnatural, it makes her look like a robot.

I could go on, but I won't, because even though those points are legitimate criticisms, you will insist I'm just a hater, instead of acknowledging people can have valid reasons not to like endgame.

It doesn't bother me that people appreciate this arc, after all, we can disagree and still respect others opinions, but I find it funny that there are some people whose only argument is "they are just hating on tbe book because they are haters". Why don't you explain what made this issue great for you instead? It would be more interesting.

It's funny, we always back up our concerns and opinions on the terribleness of Batman these days, yet we're always treated like little kids... :whatever:

Saying this Catwoman thing is like Poison Ivy might be wrong... better metaphor is Bruce being labeled as agnostic. He never mentions religion in flashbacks, and he never goes to church or looks to a higher power. So, to me someone stating Bruce is agnostic would be as redundant to Catwoman being bi because I as a smart reader can pretty much come to these conclusions without some 'writer of the week' labeling it just to garner news and maybe sales. ****, I hate how Didio's runs his business...

It does look like some people come on forum not to discuss things, but just to get approval of their opinion. if you dare argue about things, you're just a hater, instead of being someone with a different opinion.

I agree about Bruce being an agnostic. I can imagine the Wayne being catholic, but not big believers, and him deciding on his parent's grave that there is no such thing as God.

Also, back to the Joker... it's awesome and amazing he always comes out alive and so forth. Him being immortal ads nothing and actually makes him weaker as a character because instead of "devil's talent" its merely his being that gets him from point A to point B. This also undermines his relationship to Batman, now that he's secretly always been a nuisance to anything good that comes about.

My questions: why does Batman keep leaving Alfred alone?? He knows the clown was in the cave before! He already beat Alfred with a hammer once! He knows his identity! This is beyond sloppy.

Secondly: isn't Alfred ex-military?? Was that a BB gun or some stupid anti-killing cap pistol he shot a Joker ? If not, why didn't he blow the Jokers head off? He got himself jacked up. A horrible marksman.

Also, back to the Joker... it's awesome and amazing he always comes out alive and so forth. Him being immortal ads nothing and actually makes him weaker as a character because instead of "devil's talent" its merely his being that gets him from point A to point B. This also undermines his relationship to Batman, now that he's secretly always been a nuisance to anything good that comes about.

I think this explains how he's survived and recovered from some serious wounds

Alfred needs to quit the team. Bruce's HQ is not safe. Period

It's funny, we always back up our concerns and opinions on the terribleness of Batman these days, yet we're always treated like little kids... :whatever:

It does look like some people come on forum not to discuss things, but just to get approval of their opinion. if you dare argue about things, you're just a hater, instead of being someone with a different opinion.

I know it's pointless to say anything, since I have before and you guys still like to get on this cross, but this cuts both ways. It's one thing to dislike something, even to dislike it with legitimate criticism, but it definitely borders being a "hater" when you keep going on and on and on each time like clockwork saying the same things and just being overly negative. When your only purpose in a discussion is just to spew negativity, it's obvious that people are eventually going to label you that way, especially when your negativity is generally over the top and lacks any positive discussion about the subject at hand, as yours often does.

Honestly, who really thinks anything about this iteration will stand the test of time? This $#!% SUCKS. The ultra violence is SO COOL. Same downward spiral crap that turned me off ten years ago. I think DC's best days are clearly in the past. Snyder is overrated.
He's running the same path as Geoff Johns, only it's happening faster. Bring on Convergence for hopefully a little taste of something good. And actually, who cares...

You must, since you took the effort to post about it.

I enjoyed issue #39 though not as much as previous ones. I hope Endgame's finale is good.

Honestly, who really thinks anything about this iteration will stand the test of time? This $#!% SUCKS. The ultra violence is SO COOL. Same downward spiral crap that turned me off ten years ago. I think DC's best days are clearly in the past. Snyder is overrated.
He's running the same path as Geoff Johns, only it's happening faster. Bring on Convergence for hopefully a little taste of something good. And actually, who cares...

You were turned off ten years ago and yet you're still reading the "****" that "sucks". And apparently you care enough to make a post about it haha.

I liked the last Batman issue. Not as much as the last one though.

I'm at least interested to see how Endgame...ends.

I like some ideas of Endgame, but thats it.
To me, snyders court of owls adn death of the family is the stuff that is canon since his batman run began.

So i dont really care what happens in endgame and if the joker is immortal or something.
Its a nice story that has awesome art, that is enough.

I know it's pointless to say anything, since I have before and you guys still like to get on this cross, but this cuts both ways. It's one thing to dislike something, even to dislike it with legitimate criticism, but it definitely borders being a "hater" when you keep going on and on and on each time like clockwork saying the same things and just being overly negative. When your only purpose in a discussion is just to spew negativity, it's obvious that people are eventually going to label you that way, especially when your negativity is generally over the top and lacks any positive discussion about the subject at hand, as yours often does.

I would say you have a point if my last negative post against snyder's work wasn't months ago.

Not to mention I defended Snyder's work twice two weeks ago in this thread.

I would say you have a point if my last negative post against snyder's work wasn't months ago.

Not to mention I defended Snyder's work twice two weeks ago in this thread.

Well, I wasn't just talking to you there, but still, in the past I think what I said is true.

I can understand how tiring it can be for snyder's fans when some of us criticize his work. I really do. That said, I also think a message board's goal is to discuss about our opinions, and that includes negative ones. It doesn't mean we should be labelled as "haters", especially considering we brought arguments to explain why we don't like the writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"