World Official Goblin Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Interesting, if true.

A Hobgoblin War would be very entertaining...:twisted:

Spidey_vs_Green_goblin_by_joshmedorsart1.jpg

Spidey_VS_Green_Goblin1.jpg

I never believed Kingsley would die like that, he probably brainwashed his brother Daniel with the Winkler device and sent him to New York in his place so he could manipulate things comfortably without getting his hands dirty. I don't know if he planned Hobgoblin getting killed and replaced by a punk new guy/ or anticipated someone attempting to kill him like Macendale again but it would make sense.

Macendale had arranged for who he thought was the original to be killed, then he took his gear and replaced him; the real deal returns and kills Macendale for this. Phil kills who he thinks is the original and takes the new gear and replaces him; the real deal returns and attempts to kill the guy who replaced him once again.

:twisted:

Exactly. We were led to believe that Kingsley would work for Fisk as willingly as it seemed to go down. Really? These two tried to kill each other how many times back in the day? No way would someone as cunning as Hobgoblin make himself vulnerable to a "former" enemy. He definitely sent someone else in his place to collect Osborn's equipment. Good thing for Kingsley, bad thing for the patsy.

ASM #691 spoilers: :woot:

Madame Web says everything leads to darkness, then a face starts appearing in the middle of her vision. That guy that looked like an older version of the Tarantula with a white beard and inverted colors from an issue or two ago that resulted in Madame Web going nuts...

His name is the Devil-Spider and he is Roderick Kingsley!

Kingsley has been in Delvadia, controling a drug cartel and taking down the competition apparently. A lieutenant informs Kingsley of some news about his brother, Daniel that just came by. Kingsley says it's too soon for this news; but it isn't what he was expecting to hear as he's told that some of their men in the police force found his body.

Kingsley is pissed that an imposter has been running around (however, noting that he himself pretty much started that trope) and demands transport to America to teach Phil a lesson.

Freakin' awesome... I knew Kingsley was alive. Still as awesome as ever, he even has a beard now. A BEARD! :woot:

And the solicitation for ASM #697, more spoilers after those spoilers:

ASM1999697_cvr_col.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #697
DAN SLOTT (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)
Cover BY STEVE MCNIVEN
DANGER ZONE Part 3 of 3
• Spider-Man joins the WAR of the Goblins!
• We brought back Roderick Kingsley, the original Hobgoblin—will any other Goblins show?
• And the pieces of the puzzle are almost complete for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700…
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Ooooooh nice find! I was one happy man to see that
Roderick is still alive. I never bought that he was dead, but I did have to facepalm myself for not thinking that Daniel might have been his brother's stand in.

Interesting solicit.
The spider glider is still kind of silly looking, but eh, what the hell. We're getting another Goblin War! :applaud I wonder who the supposed "other Goblin" will be. I cant imagine Norman will put the costume back on. Besides Harry, who else is still alive? That, and Harry has been MIA for forever.

BTW, was anythign ever done with the Phil/Norah romance? It was a significant sub plot for a while and after they finally got together....nothing. Neither of them even showed up in any subsequent issues.

This is the Green Goblin from the Spider-Man Unlimited TV series.

68e_1956e776a8.jpg

Real terrible imo.

Plus I think he was French in the series. Lmao. Go to 7:40.

[YT]1tzh1Z48WTo[/YT]

That show was a major disappointment. It really had nothing going for it. I didnt like the design, the storyline, the focus on the High Evolutionary and that it was Venom and Carnage centric.

And Goblin sounds Spanish in that clip, not French. Thanks for sharing it though. I had a morbid curiosity about what Goblin was like, as I never saw that episode.

That show was a major disappointment. It really had nothing going for it. I didnt like the design, the storyline, the focus on the High Evolutionary and that it was Venom and Carnage centric.

And Goblin sounds Spanish in that clip, not French. Thanks for sharing it though. I had a morbid curiosity about what Goblin was like, as I never saw that episode.

The bold part is spot on. It was like a Silver Surfer type setting. Spider-Man does not belong in space. He is not an intergalactic space traveller. Venom & Carnage looked awful. Especially Carnage. Talking animals. There are so many reasons why Spider-Man unlimited sucked. I'm just glad it didn't get popular.

Goblin actually does sound Spanish second time around... lol.

BTW, was anythign ever done with the Phil/Norah romance? It was a significant sub plot for a while and after they finally got together....nothing. Neither of them even showed up in any subsequent issues.

I remember a scene of them in bed together so things have progressed behind the scenes.

I'm with you on the :doh: about Kingsley too. I should have questioned his twin brother right off the bat as well.

I'm sure this has been posted before but damn if I dont love it.

Those are really nice, I especially like the 2nd.

spider_man_vs_green_goblin_by_yannickbouchard-d5j16tg.jpg

green_goblin_vs__hobgoblin_by_tonysteck.jpg

City_Chase_by_kparrish33.jpg

green_goblin_by_cinar-d2zy5ye.jpg

green_goblin_by_misterho-d3epa0k.jpg

goblin_spidey_by_pungang-d3eq4k4.jpg

And whatever opinions to be had on the Green Goblin's design in the musical, this is very nice artwork.
the_green_goblin_by_sheridan_j-d5e7q1x.jpg

I've been a Spider-Man fan since I was a kid, and I just realized I'm only aware of two or three famous Green Goblin stories in the comics. I've read the classic stuff by Lee/Ditko and Lee/Romita, and I've read The Death of Gwen Stacy, but beyond that what great Goblin stories are there? If so, are any available in TPB? Thanks!

Edit: And I'm specifically referring to Norman Osborn

I've been a Spider-Man fan since I was a kid, and I just realized I'm only aware of two or three famous Green Goblin stories in the comics. I've read the classic stuff by Lee/Ditko and Lee/Romita, and I've read The Death of Gwen Stacy, but beyond that what great Goblin stories are there? If so, are any available in TPB? Thanks!

Edit: And I'm specifically referring to Norman Osborn

That's a loaded question. Opinions vary wildly.

I like Revelations, Norman's return. Goblins at the Gate was enjoyable, as was Spider Hunt. Skip most of the reboot (year 2000) era Goblin appearances. A Death in the Family had its moments but the ending was a let down. I liked "Shush," but many people didnt. After that Norman was unmasked as the Green Goblin and became much less interesting to me. I actually havent read much of anything he has been in since that time, so I cant comment on the stories after 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"