World Official Goblin Appreciation Thread - Part 1

spider-man-green-goblin-2.jpg

That's a loaded question. Opinions vary wildly.

I like Revelations, Norman's return. Goblins at the Gate was enjoyable, as was Spider Hunt. Skip most of the reboot (year 2000) era Goblin appearances. A Death in the Family had its moments but the ending was a let down. I liked "Shush," but many people didnt. After that Norman was unmasked as the Green Goblin and became much less interesting to me. I actually havent read much of anything he has been in since that time, so I cant comment on the stories after 2005.

Much appreciated! I bookmarked some of them.

nine_goblins_by_olybear-d5j4c3n.jpg

Can anyone name 'em all?

spectacular_hobgoblin_by_sillybilly13-d50325s.png

Ah, what could have been...

Beautiful artwork. It's good seeing the "family" together.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Spider-Man/Green-Goblin/

Since Gobby's the only Goblin who has had a perfect attendence record in other media, who's your favorite voice for the Green Goblin?!
The voice work on Spectacular was excellent but I still hear the Animated Series Goblin voice in my head...when I read a comic I mean.

I had to come post here because I just found out that one of my favorite Broadway actors EVER - the incomparable Robert Cuccioli - is currently starring as the Goblin in Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, which I think is freaking awesome.

Which raises the obvious question, can the spider sense detect danger when Peter is asleep?

Oh, yes, I absolutely love his incarnation from TSSM. The Goblin subplot was one of the best things about this already brilliant show. I like how they made it so complex and intricate that at some point we couldn't guess who he is actually and still at the end it came out to be Norman behind all of this. Comparing it to how he has been treated in TAS, it was so much better story.

Yeah, they made Harry a decoy in the 1st season, i was at first a little disapointed by that.

Yeah, but just look how great it was later when we found out about all of this being Norman's scheme. It made him even more ingenious and dangerous after all.

Yeah, it's a shame they couldn't kill off the guy in the same way they did in the comic and film, or that they didn't resolve the story

Yeah, it's a shame they couldn't kill off the guy in the same way they did in the comic and film, or that they didn't resolve the story

He didn't die at all in the show. I still believe they were saving the impalement on the glider for a real death in one of those direct-to-DVD movies they hoped to make about Peter's post-High School career.

I thought their plan was always to make him hide in Europe for some time and come back probably close to the end of the third season. Then he could use an opportunity to kill off Gwen after learning that Peter's Spider-Man.

Other than The Joker he's my favourite comic book villain

Go Gobby :gg:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"