Days of Future Past Official Jason Flemyng cast as Azazel Thread

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, What an interesting development. But im not surprised...
See news link below.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GulfCoastAvengers/news/?a=21517

Well i wanted to do a seperate topic on this character because i think its a brilliant move on Fox's part to put him in the movie.

The charcter i mean not the actor, although the actor will probably do him justice.

Anyway what i wanted to address is ive always liked the character but felt impracticle to put in anything but a X-Men Origins: Nightcrawler movie... see my topic on my script idea for the movie.

But what they have done i think is rather good. In my idea for a script for X-Men Origins: Nightcrawler well the first act of the story, We were taken to the 80's where Mystique was traveling europe, i sort of took elements from the Nightcrawler uncanny x-men story The Draco begining.

So basically the story was we saw Mystique and Count Wagner throwing a party for a few business tycoons of that era to form a club that they would ensure there survival, i worked in the recession for the 80's to tie in with the story. Basically the Hellfire Club was an idea set up by Azazel and saw characters like Jacob Shaw with his young son Sebastian... During this party Azazel and Mystique have a one night stand and then Mystique goes on the run where she loses nightcrawler and well you know the rest of the story from what happens in the comic but my point is.

My story from about a year ago, i reckon maybe where they are going with this story, we will see how the hellfire club was set up and who is really behind it.

I hope this is just a rumor. As much as I love Nightcrawler and his story, it has no place in this film.

I've actually been a Fox backer in the past believe it or not but every new casting announcement has made me cringe just a little bit for this project. What the hell are they cramming in to one film??? Nightcrawler's origin in the old days was fine without ever knowing his father or any of that demon crap. Just like the bone claw Origins stuff, sometimes it's best to ignore certain things from the books and let time pass to gage their quality. That's the strength of the books. Take what works and ignore what doesn't and pass it on to the next creative team. Now, films are immortalizing dumb storylines from the books.

Even so, are all these casting announcements a joke and something to throw fans off? What's next? Arcade's grandfather? Lockheed the dragon's cousin? ALL The Savage Land Mutants? Agatha Harkness, the Scarlet Witch's teacher? WTF?

Maybe they won't go into his background with Mystique and Nightcrawler. He could end up being just an evil henchman or something. Maybe just a little nugget for only the fans to know like with Mystique/Nightcrawler in X2?

Last edited:
Look at Flemyng's roles in every other Matthew Vaughn flick, and you'll know exactly what to expect for this film.

Well i figure Azazels being there is purely for the Hellfire Benifit.

Meaning we will probably get a bit of a history lession to the Hellfire Clubs origin within the movie and maybe Azazel is key to that.

also i think he is perfectly casted. Not originally my first choice considering likeness to the original human looking version of azazel that appeared in the comics but he is a good character actor.

for likeness i would of chosen someone more like Robert Knepper

i just threw up a little in my mouth

Because Vaughn gave Flemyng a cameo in this film, like he does in all of his films.. or because some people think he has significance to the film?

well some people think storm should be cast already when she has no significance in first class

If anything, his casting proves that Cyclops, Jean, and Storm won't be in this film because they're either not born yet, or little bitty babies.

Because Vaughn gave Flemyng a cameo in this film, like he does in all of his films.. or because some people think he has significance to the film?

im sick i have a 100 degree fever...just kidding the less Chuck Austen ideas in this movie the better

If anything, his casting proves that Cyclops, Jean, and Storm won't be in this film because they're either not born yet, or little bitty babies.
who knows stamos in x men as mystique was 28 when she was cast and Lawrence is 20 so time line is not that messed up i think

im sick i have a 100 degree fever...just kidding the less Chuck Austen ideas in this movie the better

No truer words have ever been printed on SHH... EVER.

Using any story points from Chuck Austen's run writing X-Men could be the single worst idea any studio could ever have.

I've consulted the Marvel directory from time to time but I have never heard of this character until now.

No truer words have ever been printed on SHH... EVER.

Using any story points from Chuck Austen's run writing X-Men could be the single worst idea any studio could ever have.

i dont even like when they interviewed him on the X2 dvd

I have niche that his character will no doubt be central to Mystique's development in this film...in X1-X3 we have little of her backstory, only us fan boys/girls knew that Kurt/Nightcrawler is her son,(when X2 was released Rebecca mention in Singer's X3 they were going to develop Mystique more, so this could have led up 2 the reveal of them being mother/son)...

I'm thinking that Azazel & Mystique will be potrayed as lovers, and Kurt will be a young infant (maybe using cgi, think Avatar), a human element comes into play which seperates the family, maybe Azazel gets killed trying to protect them, which causes Mystique to give up Kurt, fearing that no child should live a life being hunted, which could lead to the circus where she trusts someone maybe Margali to raise him....from their she meets Eric/Charles, but by this time she is so far gone that she has developed a pure hatred for humanity and when the split happens she goes w/Eric

Not even Polaris being Magneto's baby?

well considering how that story was already done and proven that Magneto wasnt her father...it didnt make sense to go back and then make her his daughter

I guess before House of M came along there was some reasoning behind linking them again, like to give little orphan Annie some kind of happy ending, but the combination of Xorn drama and NO MORE MUTANTS made Lorna seem way too stable to be part of the family, and she was pushed to the side.

wait Polaris is Magnetos daughter - it was proven in House Of M story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"