*Official* NBA Playoff Thread.

For those NOT in LA area.. a bunch of fans pissed and moaned and cried to Kobe and kobe has since rescinded his demand to be traded.. do not expect him to go ANYWHERE this off season... word is we are making a "big" trade to appease him:whatever:

anyway.. im not to happy about that.. if we are to rebuild lets EFFIN rebuild.. no half A$$IN:cmad:

For those NOT in LA area.. a bunch of fans pissed and moaned and cried to Kobe and kobe has since rescinded his demand to be traded.. do not expect him to go ANYWHERE this off season... word is we are making a "big" trade to appease him:whatever:

anyway.. im not to happy about that.. if we are to rebuild lets EFFIN rebuild.. no half A$$IN:cmad:

I did not know that, but it figures. Wow it sounds like you should stock up on astro glide cause Kobe's about to rape LA eight ways from Sunday....

I did not know that, but it figures. Wow it sounds like you should stock up on astro glide cause Kobe's about to rape LA eight ways from Sunday....
yeah .. i'm through with Kobe and his antics .. even if "he had a point" as i hear fans say..

he should just shut the EFF up and play!:cmad:

anyway .. someone (whoever is entitled to) start the new thread.. i feel dirty in this one:csad:

Sorry - Deng, Hinrich, Gordon, Tyrus Thomas > Bosh, Ford and Bargnani
you forgot to add Mo Pete into that situation!!! Ford will or is already a better pg than Hinrich. Bosh and Barganani together!!!:eek: Is way better than anything than the entire Chicago Bulls!!! If nothing huge happens in the east, the raptors will be in the finals!!!

So who said in the NBA regular season thread that Tony Parker doesn't even deserve a mention for being an MVP candidate?

He didn't; not even close. Nothing he did in the Finals has anything to do with his regular season performance or evaluation.

you forgot to add Mo Pete into that situation!!! Ford will or is already a better pg than Hinrich. Bosh and Barganani together!!!:eek: Is way better than anything than the entire Chicago Bulls!!! If nothing huge happens in the east, the raptors will be in the finals!!!

Unless they make a MAJOR acquisition, the Raptors will not beat any of the top 4 teams in the East (Miami, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago) Hell, they couldn't even beat Jersey. The Raptors are definitely on the way up, but they're one of the 2nd tier teams in the conference along with the Wizards or Nets. Plus, Mo Pete's a free agent. He might not even be back with Toronto next year.

Sorry - Deng, Hinrich, Gordon, Tyrus Thomas > Bosh, Ford and Bargnani

I partially agree. Bosh is the best player listed though. Gordon has no defense. I am excited to see what Tyrus can do in his second season with more minutes because PJ Frown will probably retire.

He didn't; not even close. Nothing he did in the Finals has anything to do with his regular season performance or evaluation.

I'm not saying one has any effect on the other, what I am saying is that Tony Parker automatically gets snubbed because Tim Duncan is there. Well what about all of the other MVPs? They had really good to great players along side them.

I am not saying he deserved it, but he definitely deserved a mention.

Unless they make a MAJOR acquisition, the Raptors will not beat any of the top 4 teams in the East (Miami, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago) Hell, they couldn't even beat Jersey. The Raptors are definitely on the way up, but they're one of the 2nd tier teams in the conference along with the Wizards or Nets. Plus, Mo Pete's a free agent. He might not even be back with Toronto next year.
There's no dominate eastern confernce team! Raptors have a great chance of getting to the finals next year! Mo Pete's staying in Toronto! but if they do let him go which I doubt, they will go after Gerald Wallace and Rashard Lewis. They lost to the nets, simply because they were just inexperinced! They will be much better next year, and I think Bargnani will have a breakout year next year!!! The dude a stud! Raptors in the finals 08!!! Bank on it.

There's no dominate eastern confernce team! Raptors have a great chance of getting to the finals next year! Mo Pete's staying in Toronto! but if they do let him go which I doubt, they will go after Gerald Wallace and Rashard Lewis. They lost to the nets, simply because they were just inexperinced! They will be much better next year, and I think Bargnani will have a breakout year next year!!! The dude a stud! Raptors in the finals 08!!! Bank on it.

Lewis isn't going anywhere. Now that the Sonics have the second pick they are going to throw as much jack as they can at him. Sure he is frustrated, but he's still relatively young, only 28 and if Allen, and himself can stay healthy all year they have a legit shot at making the playoffs and being a deep threat in the next three years.

If he leaves it's purely for money and not to win.

I'm not saying one has any effect on the other, what I am saying is that Tony Parker automatically gets snubbed because Tim Duncan is there. Well what about all of the other MVPs? They had really good to great players along side them.

I am not saying he deserved it, but he definitely deserved a mention.
If you give Parker mention, you'd have to do it for every complementary player to the more accomplished candidates. You would have had to mention Josh Howard, Amare Stoudemire, Caron Butler, Yao Ming, Rip Hamilton and whoever else was running with a legit MVP guy. Those players are all All-Stars and necessary for the ultimate success of the team, but when you're talking MVP, it's pretty much the guys making the major contributions. The contributions to the team are certainly noted, but how can a guy who isn't the most valuable on his own team be mentioned for most valuable in the league?

If you give Parker mention, you'd have to do it for every complementary player to the more accomplished candidates. You would have had to mention Josh Howard, Amare Stoudemire, Caron Butler, Yao Ming, Rip Hamilton and whoever else was running with a legit MVP guy. Those players are all All-Stars and necessary for the ultimate success of the team, but when you're talking MVP, it's pretty much the guys making the major contributions. The contributions to the team are certainly noted, but how can a guy who isn't the most valuable on his own team be mentioned for most valuable in the league?

That is because I personally think the value of Tony Parker is vastly underrated. This is just where we are going to butt heads.

No, there isn't a single dominate team. But there are atleast 3 teams that are BETTER than the Raptors. And you can even argue that Jersey, Washington, and Chicago are better than Toronto. I wouldn't put too much stock into the Raptors making a Finals push next year. They would be lucky to make it out of the first round. Don't let your homer-ism cloud your better judgment. :csad:

You know Farmerfran was cool enough to make a new thread, & you are still hang'in out in herr. Shame on you all!!:cmad:

Hey! I've already contributed to that thread. Now, until someone else replies, I'm not stepping foot in there!

No, there isn't a single dominate team. But there are atleast 3 teams that are BETTER than the Raptors. And you can even argue that Jersey, Washington, and Chicago are better than Toronto. I wouldn't put too much stock into the Raptors making a Finals push next year. They would be lucky to make it out of the first round. Don't let your homer-ism cloud your better judgment. :csad:
The east is sooo weak that One guy can take you to the promise land!! The raptors have potentially 3 all stars on there team! Raptors had the 4th best record in the eastern conference!!! And if im not mistaken they were also the youngest team in the NBA! Bosh who is easily the best PF in the eastern conference!!! Barganini is the next coming of Dirk Nowitiki! TJ Ford who almost had a career ending injury bounced back with 14ppg, 8apg, 1.35spg!!! Thats more than enough talent to get to the finals!!! And I havent even mentioned Anothony Parker, Mo Pete, Calderon, Juan Dixon, and Garboja! Detroit is on the decline! Same with the nets! Miami getting older! Cavs wont be sign anyone that can help Lebron because of cap space! Its easily a Chicago, Toronto Eastern Conference finals!!!

The east is sooo weak that One guy can take you to the promise land!! The raptors have potentially 3 all stars on there team! Raptors had the 4th best record in the eastern conference!!! And if im not mistaken they were also the youngest team in the NBA! Bosh who is easily the best PF in the eastern conference!!! Barganini is the next coming of Dirk Nowitiki! TJ Ford who almost had a career ending injury bounced back with 14ppg, 8apg, 1.35spg!!! Thats more than enough talent to get to the finals!!! And I havent even mentioned Anothony Parker, Mo Pete, Calderon, Juan Dixon, and Garboja! Detroit is on the decline! Same with the nets! Miami getting older! Cavs wont be sign anyone that can help Lebron because of cap space! Its easily a Chicago, Toronto Eastern Conference finals!!!

Ok. I'll save this little mini-rant so that this time next year you and I can laugh about it over some refreshing colas. Mmm hmmmmm. :o

Lewis isn't going anywhere. Now that the Sonics have the second pick they are going to throw as much jack as they can at him. Sure he is frustrated, but he's still relatively young, only 28 and if Allen, and himself can stay healthy all year they have a legit shot at making the playoffs and being a deep threat in the next three years.

If he leaves it's purely for money and not to win.

No, Lewis is going somewhere. Getting the second pick cemented that. He was unhappy in Seattle anyway, to the point that he rejected a $24 M extension during the regular season. He wants out, and the Sonics don't give a **** because Durant is a younger, more marketable version of Lewis anyway.

Rumor is Lewis wants to go to Orlando, which I don't have a problem with. I'd just prefer Gerald Wallace. :csad:

No, Lewis is going somewhere. Getting the second pick cemented that. He was unhappy in Seattle anyway, to the point that he rejected a $24 M extension during the regular season. He wants out, and the Sonics don't give a **** because Durant is a younger, more marketable version of Lewis anyway.

Rumor is Lewis wants to go to Orlando, which I don't have a problem with. I'd just prefer Gerald Wallace. :csad:

I would think Wallace is a better fit. And cheaper at that.

I would think Wallace is a better fit. And cheaper at that.

He's an injury risk, though. :csad:
We know what it's like to sign injury-prone free agents to big contracts.

act_grant_hill.jpg

Well maybe that will happen. I wouldn't mind if the Warriors got him, but they can't afford to throw that kind of jack at him, maybe the Lakers will go after him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"