• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Okay, I need some advice. PART TWO

farmerfran said:
Well, she knows that I like her, it's not like I'm just going for her v-card or anything. I just want to date her, that's all.

Daisy is better at this discussion than I am. :(

Let's just say some people would think it's less than noble to say "Yeah I'm your friend." but harbor feelings of intimacy towards her. Almost like how can you be a friend to someone who you want something more with. You technically aren't being honest to her or a furture friendship.

farmerfran said:
Well, I did it...

She said at this point, she doesn't want a boyfriend, and just wants to remain friends FOR NOW.

So it went alright, I guess.
See.
Ya should have listened to me.
Didn't I tell you thats the worst thing you could do?

farmerfran said:
Yeah, I think she digs me, she always comes to talk to me when I stop by work.

But she said no when you asked her out......which says it all right there. If she really was interested, she would have at least gone on one date with you. Coming from a woman's point of view, when a girl says she doesn't want a boyfriend, it's usually just a nice way of saying "I don't want to go out with you."

Are you truly willing to just "be friends"? Because this still wanting to date her thing sounds like you aren't.

I am willing to be friends, but I'm not going to pour all my energy into trying to date her.

I've got a lot going on. College and work take up enough time, I've just gotta take things as they come.

Well the whole concept of "I'm your friend" but I'd give that up in a heartbeat to date you is well a lil underhanded.

I didn't take that kind of approach, Erz.

I like her, but it's not the end of the world if I don't date her.

Well it's a common scenario that a lot of guys do.

They try and take the "friend" route, usually patiently waiting for an opportunity that ain't going to happen.

I'm not going to just sit and wait. I'm gonna move on. That's what college is for.

Just making sure. Like I said, it's usually fairly common.

Erzengel said:
Daisy is better at this discussion than I am. :(

Let's just say some people would think it's less than noble to say "Yeah I'm your friend." but harbor feelings of intimacy towards her. Almost like how can you be a friend to someone who you want something more with. You technically aren't being honest to her or a furture friendship.

Daisy is really good at this conversation.

I'm surprised Daisy hasn't come into this thread already. If I'm not here for a while, I search my name. *vain*

I'm bumping this because:

You were all right. Don't bother going out with people you work with.

That is the summary right there.

Yet she wanted to pursue that other guy til she found out she didn't like him. :o

Sorry man but just wants to remain friends = she doesn't want to date "you".

Dust yourself off and find someone else. Don't be her "friend" and don't wait in the wings for her or the sidelines or whatever other analogy you need. Trust me I think you have enough "friends".

Bingo.

In my defense, I'm usually right.

She turned out to be a complete b1tch too, so I'm glad it didn't work out.

youth group leader, huh:huh:
gRossS

Must be the whole leader of the pack thing.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if she started dating my manager :o

:dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"