Okay, I need some advice (for mature people).

Fran

Banned User
Reaction score
Okay, I'm really confused now, and frankly, frustrated.

There is this girl I like. She is a very pretty and smart girl. I've gotten to know her over the past 3 months. We have become really good friends, and talk all the time. The problem is...

...I work with her (at Dunham's Sports).

I'd like to say something, just to get it off my chest.

Any advice or suggestions you could give me?

I'm looking for mature comments, not stupid ones.

You need to chill out first of all. It's only been 3 months. Of course you feel an attraction, you would for almost any girl you spend so much time with. most likely, you only feel infatuation. Give it time. Don't rush into things. You may end up ruining it.

Well you have to be prepared for her to say, no and still having to work with her.

But the easiest way is just non-chalantly asking her to do something after work like a movie or out to dinner.

Yeah, trust me, I know to not rush it.

I did that once earlier this year...

Is this a long term job or temporary one?
Does your store/company have a policy on dating?
Is she involved with anyone else?

If you feel you should get it off your chest, then do just that. You never know till you try. If anything, youll have the satisfaction of knowing that she knows how you feel, the rest will happen as it happens.

Just tell her what you feel about her. It should all kinda flow out after the first sentence.

Or...

When in doubt, whip it out

Don't put so much pressure on this kid. This is probably some part time job where I'm sure there are a couple of people his age. It ain't exactly inter office dating.

if you ask for relationship advice on a superhero messageboard, you shouldn't expect to get any serious answers. Honestly:whatever:
Some people..

Just ask her out and see how it goes.

Be sure to ask her near the baseball bats, if she says no, take out a knee and ask again.:up:

49erVenom said:
Is this a long term job or temporary one?
Does your store/company have a policy on dating?
Is she involved with anyone else?

It is a part-time job, and the boss is being an idiot (i.e. scheduling me 40 hours a week when he KNOWS I'm a full-time college student), so I am at the point where I may quit anyday.

I just look at the rulebook (pretty short) and it doesn't clearly mention anything of the sort.

No.

or the guns...girls are more responsive at gun point :o

Erzengel said:
Well you have to be prepared for her to say, no and still having to work with her.

But the easiest way is just non-chalantly asking her to do something after work like a movie or out to dinner.

Yeah, I am prepared for that. But, I can tell she at least likes to be around me, and we always have a good time when we are chillin'.

Farmer, I'd really wouldn't suggest, expressing how you feel about her right off the bat just to get it off your chest. You can ask her to hang out first and then take it from there.

Just ask her if she wants to get coffee,or go out to a movie. Don't call it a date,just hanging out and see how it goes from there.

Erzengel said:
Don't put so much pressure on this kid. This is probably some part time job where I'm sure there are a couple of people his age. It ain't exactly inter office dating.

Well, I'm 19. I wouldn't call myself a kid, but I guess I am a young 'un.

Let me break it down for ya. 12 workers total, heavily understaffed.

Boss is late 30s. Ass't boss is late 40s. Key managers are in 40s and one in late 20s. One full-time worker not a manager is in 30s. Oldest part-timer is in 30s. Second oldest is 20s, then its me and one other girl @ 19, and the girl in question is 18, along with another dude that is 18.

The job has a wide age radius.

I'm not wanting to rush things, trust me. I've learned from my mistakes (haven't we all?).

I'm just looking for some tips/advice from people, that's all.

farmerfran said:
It is a part-time job, and the boss is being an idiot (i.e. scheduling me 40 hours a week when he KNOWS I'm a full-time college student), so I am at the point where I may quit anyday.

I just look at the rulebook (pretty short) and it doesn't clearly mention anything of the sort.

No.

Then I don't see any real stumbling blocks if you ask her out.

Yeah. This is a rough situation.

Have you guys been hanging out outside of your workplace often?

Yeah.

We both go to the same youth group (she invited me to it, wanted me to go real bad) and we've had lunch and stuff.

farmerfran said:
Yeah.

We both go to the same youth group (she invited me to it, wanted me to go real bad) and we've had lunch and stuff.

That would have been enough for me. You obviously talke, it could be as easy as taking her to a movie, she said she wanted to see.

Only thing you might have to worry about is that you'd both be working in the same place and going out. People (in this case,co-workers) start to talk.:o

Yeah, it was weird. She really wanted me to go.

It was weird to go, though... I hadn't been to church in over two years.

But I definitely took that as a sign.

I'm determined to take it slow, don't rush it, and not screw it up.

I've been known to be clumsy...

there's ways of getting to know this girl outside of work in a non-intimate setting that can not only give you a chance to hang out with her but possibly see what opportunity you have.

Set up an afterwork gathering... like getting a bunch of your co-workers to go to a pizzeria after you're done.... invite her... and take it from there. But as Erz said.... be prepared for rejection and the possible awkwardness.

Bottom line...... it's not impossible but you have to be patient about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"