One Piece discussion (Spoilers)

Fading

---
Reaction score
So much awesome has been going on in One Piece, and the series is only half way thru, so years of discussion left. To me personally, my usual manga's have been a let down lately, Bleach has been average, Naruto taking steps back, and HunterxHunter...bleh. Yet One Piece is kicking so much ass, but no place to talk about it. So sorry for the long intro, but my point is this manga/anime needs it's own thread, and it was hinted in the Bleach thread I should go ahead and start it up.

***<<<-------------------------------------------------------------->>>***
Spoilers are welcomed, in fact I'll be starting out with 2 big ones. So if you don't want to be spoiled, leave the thread now, you have been warned!!!
***<<<-------------------------------------------------------------->>>***

So to start off with, wanted to mention Ace's death a few manga's back. I liked Ace, but thought the way Oda wrote it, was great. We're led to believe Ace is going to live, they fight forever to get to him, he's free and heading back to the ship, then *BAM* fist thru his chest. I did NOT see it coming, and was waiting for him to live thru it. Then Whitebeard dies too just this last manga, but in such a kickass and awesome way, still on his feet after losing half his face and getting all of those wounds.

It's hard to tell where the manga's going. However I was very, very pleased OP did not take the usual manga way out and have Luffy go Super Saiyin. He went into a state of shock like a normal person and had to be carried out instead of going berserk at some new power level.

Also like where the recent manga left off. Whitebeard's inner monologue hinted that Gol D. Roger hinted what the 'D' meant, and what One Piece is. My guess is it's a warship or something, something strong enough to take on the entire world government. It could also be the secret behind the devil's fruit, maybe the person who finds it can become pirate king because of the power up it can give. Either way I really like where it's all headed, and think this will lead to a more mature Luffy, and can't wait to see all the Straw Hats find eachother again.

I'll help try and keep this thread alive.

What I love about One Piece is that the main characters, especially Luffy are not over-powered and Oda shows no favoritism(unlike Kishsimoto with his Sasuke). Proof of this was during the Whitebeard/Marineford War. Luffy got owned repeatedly and had to be saved on numerous occasions. Mihawk saw through Gear Second and Kizaru made him look like a sloth.

Anyway, like you I have no idea where it heading and I also think we'll see a more mature Luffy from now on, and what will the other Straw Hats think of this change if it happens?

I'm also wondering about Boa Hancock, what will happen to her now? I hate to see anything happen to her, I like her character.

Last edited:
I'll help try and keep this thread alive.

What I love about One Piece is that the main characters, especially Luffy are not over-powered and Oda shows no favoritism(unlike Kishsimoto with his Sasuke). Proof of this was during the Whitebeard/Marineford War. Luffy got owned repeatedly and had to be saved on numerous occasions. Mihawk saw through Gear Second and Kizaru made him look like a sloth.

Anyway, like you I have no idea where it heading and I also think we'll see a more mature Luffy from now on, and what will the other Straw Hats think of this change if it happens?

I'm also wondering about Boa Hancock, what will happen to her now? I hate to see anything happen to her, I like her character.

Agreed on liking the power levels being at a reasonable level. In another manga Luffy could have easily got a power up, yet he did the more human reaction of just freezing up and being unresponsive after seeing the death of a loved one.

As for Boa, not sure. Part of me thinks she could join the Straw Hats, but I also realize her selfish *****y attitude to anyone not named Luffy could get on the nerves of the readers and the Straw Hat crew over an expended period of time. There's also the fact that it seems Luffy's dead set on 10 crew members, so I'd rather the remaining slots be left for new and interesting characters (not that 10 HAS to be the exact number, but it does seem like a good estimate for now). Boa also has her ppl to worry about since if the world government decides to follow up on her breaking the deal a bit, she might have to get her forces ready (tho something tells me a few bats of her eye, and claiming it was a misunderstanding in the middle of battle may clear that up).

I'm more interested in what Black Beard does. The world government is weakened after the fight, and Black Beard shows up with an all-star team, and let the government know he was just using them. Plus Whitebeard just kicked the bucket and his crew is leaving. Black Beard JUST showed up, so I highly doubt he appeared just to retreat immediately. He's up to something, and has planned this for a bit, and I have a feeling whatever it is is not only going to tip the power balance, but kick off a new pirate age.

Agreed on liking the power levels being at a reasonable level. In another manga Luffy could have easily got a power up, yet he did the more human reaction of just freezing up and being unresponsive after seeing the death of a loved one.

As for Boa, not sure. Part of me thinks she could join the Straw Hats, but I also realize her selfish *****y attitude to anyone not named Luffy could get on the nerves of the readers and the Straw Hat crew over an expended period of time. There's also the fact that it seems Luffy's dead set on 10 crew members, so I'd rather the remaining slots be left for new and interesting characters (not that 10 HAS to be the exact number, but it does seem like a good estimate for now). Boa also has her ppl to worry about since if the world government decides to follow up on her breaking the deal a bit, she might have to get her forces ready (tho something tells me a few bats of her eye, and claiming it was a misunderstanding in the middle of battle may clear that up).

I'm more interested in what Black Beard does. The world government is weakened after the fight, and Black Beard shows up with an all-star team, and let the government know he was just using them. Plus Whitebeard just kicked the bucket and his crew is leaving. Black Beard JUST showed up, so I highly doubt he appeared just to retreat immediately. He's up to something, and has planned this for a bit, and I have a feeling whatever it is is not only going to tip the power balance, but kick off a new pirate age.

I can see Blackbeard tipping the balance, frankly it's teetering on the brink of collape anyway. So Teach might just be enough to push it over edge and kick off a new age.

I doubt he'll leave right off the bat after just revealing his manipulation of the WG to everyone. But I don't think we'll see anything more than a short battle with the marines to show off the strength of his crew. He has plans but I doubt any of them involve the WG anymore.

Edit: On a side note, I can only imagine what they did to Impel Down....

Last edited:
Good Chapter, Akainu's up and still moving(kinda of annoying), Aokiji freezes the water to prevent them from leaving, everyone decided to protect Luffy, and the big shocker is that Blackbeard somehow stole the power of the Gura Gura no Mi from Whitebeard's body, I did not see that coming. I was way off, here I thought we were just going to see a show of his crew's strength. We might still see it though.

....but I doubt Teach will have the same level of control that Whitebeard had.

Oda is really building Teach to be a the major big bad for Luffy to fight for not only the treasure One Piece but the title of Pirate King.

One side note: I hope Blackbeard doesn't effect the story too much and become annoying like Sasuke did in the Naruto Series. Though, in the past, One Piece has never disapointed so I doubt Oda would let that happen.

Last edited:
Good Chapter, Akainu's up and still moving(kinda of annoying), Aokiji freezes the water to prevent them from leaving, everyone decided to protect Luffy, and the big shocker is that Blackbeard somehow stole the power of the Gura Gura no Mi from Whitebeard's body, I did not see that coming. I was way off, here I thought we were just going to see a show of his crew's strength. We might still see it though.

....but I doubt Teach will have the same level of control that Whitebeard had.

Oda is really building Teach to be a the major big bad for Luffy to fight for not only the treasure One Piece but the title of Pirate King.

One side note: I hope Blackbeard doesn't effect the story too much and become annoying like Sasuke did in the Naruto Series. Though, in the past, One Piece has never disapointed so I doubt Oda would let that happen.

The good thing is Oda left plenty of weakness in Blackbeard, where Sasuke will be almost invulnerable after he gets EMS. Despite getting 2 uber fruit abilities, he still has a weaker physical body. It was hinted his body is different somehow, but he still got his ass kicked by Whitebeard when Whitebeard went straight for him.

I didn't see him getting Whitebeard's power tho. When he took Whitebeard under that cloak, I was honestly expecting Blackbeard to somehow take Whitebeard's body (maybe add Whitebeard's physical prowess to himself minus his age and sickness). Which to me would have covered Blackbeard's major weakness. Tho gaining Whitebeard's power instead was a much better move, as it left Blackbeard still able to be beaten by a physical fighter like Luffy down the line, but still having the power to make it one hellova task.

Also liked that Akainu was still alive. Even tho part of me would have liked for Whitebeard to finish him off, I think it'll be even sweeter if Luffy somehow does down the line instead.

Also the front preview page showed Chopper hugging Zoro's leg, so guess those two found eachother finally.

The good thing is Oda left plenty of weakness in Blackbeard, where Sasuke will be almost invulnerable after he gets EMS. Despite getting 2 uber fruit abilities, he still has a weaker physical body. It was hinted his body is different somehow, but he still got his ass kicked by Whitebeard when Whitebeard went straight for him.

I didn't see him getting Whitebeard's power tho. When he took Whitebeard under that cloak, I was honestly expecting Blackbeard to somehow take Whitebeard's body (maybe add Whitebeard's physical prowess to himself minus his age and sickness). Which to me would have covered Blackbeard's major weakness. Tho gaining Whitebeard's power instead was a much better move, as it left Blackbeard still able to be beaten by a physical fighter like Luffy down the line, but still having the power to make it one hellova task.

Also liked that Akainu was still alive. Even tho part of me would have liked for Whitebeard to finish him off, I think it'll be even sweeter if Luffy somehow does down the line instead.

Also the front preview page showed Chopper hugging Zoro's leg, so guess those two found eachother finally.

Yea, I know about Blackbeard's vulnerable body, I believe that's mainly due to the Yami Yami no Mi 's ability. I'm assuming that's the reason he is so weak against attack because the fruit's power making his body absorb more of the impact causing more pain than usual.

..about the Preview page maybe they found one another but the last I remember was Zoro and Perona meeting an unknown swordsman(possibly someone to train Zoro) and Chopper running from some island natives who are trying to eat him.

Another side note: I wonder what classical score Oda will choose for Ace's death..we heard four throughout the anime so far(one was in Movie 7 when they were opening a treasure box in the begining)

Last edited:
I'm starting to get into reading One Piece now (I started reading Manga regularly about over a year ago), so it's going to take a while for me to find out more about the plot. Anyway I like this a lot better than Bleach and more than Naruto. It's all turning into one great battle lately.

Another good week. Nice to see Law back, I liked it when they introduced the other rookies and was wondering when they'd show up again.

As for Blackbeard, I'm torn on what I want to happen. Part of me wants the One Piece world government to get it's ass handed to it on a live feed in front of all of the ppl. I think it's have the best impact on the story for the ppl to have their trust in it shaken (plus I just dislike the world government lol). I also think it'll be good for Blackbeard to build up a reputation by destroying everything there as it'll help him be a or the major badguy. On the other hand, Blackbeard's an ass who seems surprised by every physical attack, who originally brought Ace to the government, and killed Whitebeard....I wouldn't mind seeing Blackbeard have his ass handed to him as well this arc lol.

Either way it looks like this battle is starting to die down a bit. Hopefully after this a Straw Hat crew reunion arc will start up. Now that we've seen all the royal Shibyuki (sure I spelled it wrong heh), and all the other major players, I'd like to see the Straw Hats get back together and face a few more of the Shibyuki before moving up to the Admirals. Also wouldn't mind seeing Luffy meet up with his dad sooner than later, maybe after all the Straw Hats get back together.

Blackbeard talks to damn much(which is DBZ annoying) when he fights which is probably why he is suprised everytime someone attacks him. I'd like for Sengoku to lay the smackdown on Teach and like FadingCB I would also like the WG to gets their asses handed them. Like Crocodile said they get their way to much. It's too hard to decide.:mad:

I'm glad Law is back, when we saw The Supernovas doing well after the fiasco on Sabaody I was relieved because that would have been a waste of potenialy good characters and future allies and/or villians(I know that Jewelry Bonney hates The Straw Hats). Any other series would have let those characters fade away into nothingness but Oda wasn't having it.:D

Oh! and it's Shichibukai :p

Speaking of them, I wonder if Kuma will somehow regain his free will....that would be great because I'd like for him to go up against Zoro again but not as a souless machine

Last edited:
Another awesome week. Shanks being back alone is enough to make this a kick ass manga, but there plenty of other good moments too. Colby surprised me tho, he's such a back character that I didn't expect to see him again this arc. I wonder if he's going to end up joining Shank's crew?

Even tho the meat of this arc is done, Oda keeps cramming is full of stuff as it winds down. I wonder how Shank's will end it? Last we heard of him he was confronting the other of the 4 biggest pirates. So I wonder if those two either came to some sort of truce, or if Shank's in general is just going to make some kind of statement that changes the pirate era further. Also going to be interesting dialogue to be had inbetween Shanks and Blackbeard considering their past (plus Buggy's gotta say something to Shanks). Sucks that Luffy just missed him, tho technically he did in a sense meet up with Shanks and return his hat to him.

Well, typically when Shanks appears which ever arc that has taken place is about to wrap up, so hopefully this will end quickly. I want the Straw Hat Reunion Arc to begin soon.

Pretty good chapter. It appears that Hancock hid her feelings enough and tricked the marines so nothing to worry about there and Mihawk basicaly said piss on this "I was called to fight Whitebeard not Shanks":woot:

The war is finally over, what an amazing arc. I can not wait until this is animated.

I have to say the marines have a ****ed up sense of what justice is..."parading their heads for all to see"(I think that what one Marine said about Ace and Whitebeard.). How is that justice? :dry:

Last edited:
Looks like FadingCB faded away from this thread:oldrazz:

The marines claimed victory(as always) for killing Whitebeard even though it was Blackbeard and his crew who ended his life. Luffy is in Law's care, The Supernovas mused over Luffy, the new age, and the aftermath(Jewelry Bonney was really dead set on finding Luffy...and killing him) and it seems Doflamingo is going to kill Moria and he may be a Blackbeard Pirate judging from what he said about getting orders from someone "higher" than Sengoku.

..and there's Brownbeard (too many beards dammit :D) I don't know if he will come into play later on or not.

Nah, just didn't post last week.

I think the setup that came out at the end was great. By not going to war right then and there (talking about Shanks vs. everyone), the military and Blackbeard came out alright. Which means the world gov will still be a threat, and Blackbeard came out on top as the current main villain. I just can't wait for Luffy to finally wake up and see his reaction. My guess is he goes to the amazon island (which was already stated) and then gets in a state where he's awake, but might as well be in a coma. Overcome by his bro's death and all Luffy becomes unresponsive. Then Hancock nurses him back to a more normal state and solidifies herself as Luffy's love interest (I mean she is, but possibly in Luffy's eyes as well).

As for Brownbeard, I doubt he'll become important. I think he was just put in to show what's happening to all of Whitebeard's territories. Like with the Mer-people, he claimed their territory was now his, and suddenly everyone was too afraid and the enslavement of them stopped. I'm sure it was that way with a lot of his territories. Without Whitebeard to protect them we'll probably see a lot of no name pirates looking to make a name for themselves stepping in and trying to get a piece of Whitebeard's old territories. Especially the ones that are profitable.

The Starhat pirates should reunion not that the news of Whitebeard and Ace's deaths are spreading. But i'd like to look at thier serperate adventures now that the war is over, especially Zoro and Nami.

Man, I was so pissed when they killed off the old man (Whitebeard) and really hated when Teach took Whitebeard's power.

Can't wait till the strawhat crew get back together, i have missed them being together.

The last few weeks have been good, but not much to talk about. I'm glad the manga slowed the pace for a bit. The manga has been in overdrive for months now. With the flashbacks it really gives gravity to how big of a loss Ace was.

Also finally caught up on the anime, and seeing the Blackbeard crew in motion got me thinking about how his crew is shaping up to be a dark version of Luffy's (which I'm sure is for easy pairing when they fight. We have the former equal to Magellan who seems to be a great Swordsman. He'd probably make a good fight for Zoro by the time they meet up. Blackbeard also has a sharpshooter, would match good against Usopp. The new woman (probably fights Robin). A giant giant, Maybe against monster giant Chopper (or if he's too powerful maybe a team take down like in Thriller Bark).. Then of course Blackbeard vs Luffy. If I remember right there was also a wrestler guy who could fight Sanji.

Last edited:
I'm behind I need to catch on both the Manga and the Anime.

Really liking the direction of this arc. At first I thought it was just filler to give Ace a nice sendoff. Then as it went on I started wondering what happens to Sabo (he wasn't with Ace or Luffy later on), and if he is alive if he'd show up later on in the manga. Now ****s going down, and Dragon shows up. Oda can even make backstory fillers interesting.

This thread died off for a bit heh, sry I haven't been posting in it. I really like how everythings going in the manga so far, really is staying very entertaining. I like how everyone's going thru various training (tho I don't envy Sanji atm lol). It makes me wonder what the 16 bell rings mean tho. It's one of those situations where you feel like it's something you should know having read the manga so far, but I really just don't get it atm.

All in all tho, it'll be great when the crew finally gets back together and the next arc starts. Even tho I'm in no rush for it too since the current arc is good enough as is.

Liking the current arc gonna miss Jewelry Bonny though, I liked her. Shame she got taken out by Teach and then arrested by Akainu.

Last edited:
One thing I didn't realize until just now is, What were Coby and Helmeppo doing in the Marineford War on Whitebeard? One marine stated that they were all elite soldiers nothing less. I hardly consider those two elite.

One Piece is going to pull a Naruto....a 2 year training period for The Straw Hats and most likely a time skip down the road.

Two awesome parts need mentioning Zoro being trained by Mihawk and Rayleigh training Luffy.:woot:

One Piece is going to pull a Naruto....a 2 year training period for The Straw Hats and most likely a time skip down the road.

Two awesome parts need mentioning Zoro being trained by Mihawk and Rayleigh training Luffy.:woot:

I can't wait for the time jump. Don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying the hell outta One Piece, but time jumps usually just make things more awesome lol. Seeing the Straw Hat crew look a bit more mature, everyone meeting up again and showing off some uber badass moves they learned in training...To be honest I never thought One Piece would do a time jump.

Also, even tho I'd like to see some of the training, One Piece is taking a 4 week break so I'm guessing they'll skip the training and come back after the break with the time skip over. They can always flash back to certain moments of training when someones about to pull out this new ultimate move to show off how they learned it.

Also since time breaks, even short ones end up making everyone look more mature (look at Naruto in 3 years time), I wonder how everyone will look. Will Usopp still be a goofy kid? Will Luffy still be lanky and skinny, or buffed up a bit? This 4 week wait is going to be painful :( lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"