One Piece discussion (Spoilers)

No, Marco speculates that it could've been from his abnormal body. He's assuming that Blackbeard ate the second fruit for that to happen (since eating = places a Devil inside the body based on One Piece's theory). So we don't really know what happened.

Having said that, I don't think his abnormal body plays that much of a role, and I think it's more likely that Blackbeard extracted the powers with the help of the Yami-Yami no mi.

I Disagree. The general consensus we have on the AP boards is that blackbeard used the yami powers to somehow get the gura powers, yes. But to have 2 abilities at the same time is due to his own body or lineage of being a D. Oda wouldn't write a comment like that for Marco if it wasn't somewhat true.

Wasn't it mentioned that Blackbeard was also stealing powers in order to give them to his crew?

I Disagree. The general consensus we have on the AP boards is that blackbeard used the yami powers to somehow get the gura powers, yes. But to have 2 abilities at the same time is due to his own body or lineage of being a D. Oda wouldn't write a comment like that for Marco if it wasn't somewhat true.

I don't think his abnormal body has anything to do with it though. The only abnormal thing about his body that we know of, so far is his extremely high durability. If there's nothing else, then I don't think durability would help him maintain a second ability. Having said that, I think Blackbeard used the Yami-Yami fruit as a way to store the Devil Fruit power without it actually being in his body, thus he's able to have simultaneous access to both abilities while bypassing the rule.

If it was because of D lineage, don't you think more D fruit users would have experimented with that rule? Oda can write something like what Marco said just to reflect the character's thoughts. The most significant difference is that it was a question voiced by Marco, implying that he's not even sure that's true. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's true. Otherwise, that would be like saying people in OP thought Skypeia didn't exist, therefore it's true, while the Straw Hats visiting Skypeia debunked that.

Last edited:
Somebody found this:

[YT]8ICDMg9VLTY#t=309[/YT]

Blackbeard's crew consisting of 10 captains? Jesus...I knew he'd be strong in 2 years, but I didn't think he'd be close to the level of Whitebeard's crew in terms of organization.

Didn't expect it either, not sure if Shanks and Luffy will be like that

Red Hair Pirates is probably the only crew that is a traditional pirate crew (aka not having large armies like Blackbeard, Kaidou, etc). Same might be said for Luffy's crew down the road.

Interesting how Sabo was able to destroy Burgess's armor.

Even though I'm not a fan of the big 3 AT ALL, I can say that people might have an easier time getting into One Piece than the other two.

Well, it depends, out of the three, in the west One Piece is the last one people get into due to fun tone. Thoughout of the three, it is the most consistente and overall with the most interesting mysteries and villains.

Though there are a few things in the second half that may be signals that this will end up like Naruto Part II, first was Gol D Roger having had Luffy's hat, the second one was the fishman Island and Punk Hazard arcs being extremelly boring and not up to the standarts of previous ones, now dressrosa is feeling a lot like Alabasta 2.0, even if DoFlamingo, Sabo and the new Admiral are interesting enough to stand on their oun.

Oda can write something like what Marco said just to reflect the character's thoughts. The most significant difference is that it was a question voiced by Marco, implying that he's not even sure that's true. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's true.

Its a future plot point, odas done it many times before when alluding to certain things...Kureha and the Will of D, the smiles, the world summit, Thriller bark fog monster, dragon, rio poneglyph, devil fruit book, vegapunk knowing what devil fruits really are...etc etc..

Blackbeards "abnormal body" will definetly be explained in time, just like everything else.

edit: im also quite annoyed theres a break this week.

Last edited:
Its a future plot point, odas done it many times before when alluding to certain things...Kureha and the Will of D, the smiles, the world summit, Thriller bark fog monster, dragon, rio poneglyph, devil fruit book, vegapunk knowing what devil fruits really are...etc etc..

Blackbeards "abnormal body" will definetly be explained in time, just like everything else.

edit: im also quite annoyed theres a break this week.

I'm not sure it's even a future plot point. It's just something that will be explained in due time, but not to the degree of a plot point. The difference between Blackbeard and your examples are that the people in OP already know that the stuff exists. Whereas, Marco clearly states a question, meaning that he's not even sure if Blackbeard's body is the reason why he could take another DF power. He's only speculating.

So, i guess the anime/ manga thread is no more huh? :csad:

Anybody else likes fan made cinematic trailers? These are some of my favorite:

[YT]LOUSudCH6n4[/YT]
[YT]sbM4OZle14A[/YT]
[YT]7vpcQKd0amo[/YT]
[YT]bEitcc5-Zzc[/YT]
[YT]NzqyxS4Xrv4[/YT]
[YT]oFcQygIhYHs[/YT]
[YT]o71ZCVoI1yg[/YT]
[YT]u4ZmyYfQgDU[/YT]

Dressrosa arc is finaly over. Seems like it's been lasting for forever. Hopefuly the focus will now start going towards Kaido and the Yonkos.

Every arc seems to be getting bigger and more epic. This upcoming Kaido arc is going to be brutal. Can't wait.

Wasn't a big fan of the past few arcs since the timeskip, but this new arc with Kaido and Big Mom has been great so far. The hype just keeps building up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"