One Piece discussion (Spoilers)

I doubt Sabo will join the Strawhats, I think he's very well imbedded with Luffy's father and the Revolutionaries, however I think that by the end of this huge arc Luffy will have many new allies including the Revolutionaries. I'm still interested as to what Robin got up to during the time skip considering she spent 2 years with Dragon's men and possibly Dragon himself. I considered that she may also know of Sabo but was asked to keep the fact he is still alive a secret from Luffy.

Nico Robin may know Sabo, but she not knowing about his relationship with Luffy seems possible, the group must have been big, and not even Ivankov knew about Dragon's son.

I also don't think it's very likelly that Sabo will join the straw hats, if his progress is similar to Ace's, and therefore the 3 brothers have an equal progression, then he would be in a level above Luffy, and therefore stronger than the Monster Trio, However in the flashback he does say that he wants to become a writer or something like that, he could write the straw hats log if he joined.

That new intro is full of spoilers, but that was some good hype for the admirals and monster trio, if Sanji does indeed face Borsalino in his level up to Admiral Level, then it's going to be an interesting fight, Borsa being the troll he is as usual, i wonder if he will hit a lady in order for Sanji to get a boost.

I'd read that One Piece is only at the halfway point. Is that true?

Around 7/12 from what it seems, but you can say that it's still around halfway though, yes. If it does the same as Naruto, then the second half may be even bigger.

I'd say OP is beyond halfway point, and that's only if you consider Marineford to be the midpoint of the series.

I put OP in the same category as Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi, and a similar one to Detective Conan. You know who the villains are, but it's about the journey. The over all story is much more open ended, and welcomes side trips. So while I agree that it's past the halfway point, it really could go on as long as the author wants. They could time skip another 3 years again down the road, and easily implement more villains.

I think Bleach tried to be like that, but tends to drag on. I still like it, but it's lost it's focus, and tends to kind of wonder aimlessly. Naruto is more focused, and I think is heading towards it's end. However I wouldn't be surprised if it time skipped a bit more for one last arc for a Naruto, and Sasuke showdown over the Hokage position. Past that though, the already are unleashing Madara, so it's kind of at it's peak, with only one more fight that could top what's currently going on (though anymore I read Naruto just to finish it since I've read it for so long, not exactly in love with the series anymore...even dropped it for awhile).

Last edited:
Well, we're not exactly sure who the final villain will be, Blackbeard will probably only be the one fighting Luffy for the One Piece, and after that it's probable that the focus will shift for the world Government, it may end with Akainu or with one of the WG leaders.

Naruto is a bit more focused than Bleach, but its aims can a lot of times fal flat, and it's obvious that Kishi was never sure who the last villain was supposed to be, he probably had a goal for Tobi, but it doesn't seem like he was originally the real leader behind the Akatsuki, neither does it seem like he planed for revelations like Nagato.

It's at times like these that i feel like some writers should try taking some hiatures in order to think about their mangas, Togashi has mantained a strong manga due to perfecting his craft (even if the hiatuses are partly due to laziness too) and even Oda takes a week or two around every 2 months.

Kubo has the Toriyama aproach, in which he almost makes things as they come along and will repeat storylines but with a different villain or setting, this is an old school type of aproach that older mangas used to have, but nowadays, most mangakas need an actual goal. Even though he said he allways planed this deal with the quincies, and he obviously had plans for the soul king and royal guard down the line, his writting makes it seem like it happened all of a sudden and that it was made up on the spot.

His latest arc is actually being quite strong, and certainly more engaging than Naruto's right now, there are some interesting new shonens by the way, anybody been following Magi: The Labyrinth of magic or Nanatsu No Taizai (this one even had a manga crossover with Fairy Tail).

The world gov being the final villain is a good bet. The Poneglyphs seem to point to various weapons. My guess is the world gov did something awful, and as the victor, they got to rewrite, or not write history. The poneglyphs point towards the old losers best means of fighting back against the world gov, one piece itself may even be a weapon (maybe a big ship, or even a fleet of ships, something that is more about power than wealth). So if that ends up being the case, then the fight over one piece would be the next to last arc. With the one following being using one piece against the world gov.

Side note, but in my last post I mean, "Wonder aimlessly", not "Aim wonderlessly"...lol. Just reread my post and noticed that, heh.

The world gov being the final villain is a good bet. The Poneglyphs seem to point to various weapons. My guess is the world gov did something awful, and as the victor, they got to rewrite, or not write history. The poneglyphs point towards the old losers best means of fighting back against the world gov, one piece itself may even be a weapon (maybe a big ship, or even a fleet of ships, something that is more about power than wealth). So if that ends up being the case, then the fight over one piece would be the next to last arc. With the one following being using one piece against the world gov.

Side note, but in my last post I mean, "Wonder aimlessly", not "Aim wonderlessly"...lol. Just reread my post and noticed that, heh.

When considering what the "One Piece" may be, I think back to what we know about Gol D Roger. What we know is that the Roger Pirates disappeared for a few years after they discovered the One Piece, and when they reemerged it was basically for Roger to hand himself in and be executed. Yet Whitebeard has said that Roger is waiting for the next person at One piece. So whether or not there is some sort of apparition of Roger to greet the one that finds the OP, Roger has set something in motion for the grand scheme of things and no doubt Luffy is the Key. I know we are still years away from the end but when the end finally comes up something tells me it will be bitter sweet.

I see the Raftel arc being part of the second to last Saga, while the final war will probably be the whole final saga, and i don't think that once the manga has ended the world Government will still be there.

So the final two sagas will probably be: Blackbeard Saga and Final War/ World Government Saga, with each saga having multiple storylines, like how we are already getting right now, Whitebeard Saga for example had some 5 arcs.

Battle for One Piece will possibly be Straw Hats vs Blackbeard Pirates, while the final battle itself will be against the WG and Navy, i would be happy with a setup like this:

Luffy vs Akainu, Zoro vs Mihawk and Sanji vs Borsalino.

After that i'm not sure, i think that the WG must have something more planed, as the fleet admiral previous to Sengoku became an agente working for them, so they probably have some more heavy guns. The leaders of the World Government also look quite though

One of them also seems to be a swordsman, could be an oponent for Zoro.

Sanji is going to need to pull some serious feats to fight Kizaru, that guy is a demon.

He will eventually, i mean, Luffy needs to defeat Blackbeard and Akainu, while Zoro wants to defeat Mihawk, all of these characters are top tiers, as part of the monster trio, if anything, Sanji will get the weakest final oponent.

But Kizaru always seemed just as strong maybe even a tiny bit stronger than the others. I always thought he just didn't care that's why he is regarded as weaker. I know Sanji will get stronger, but they keep putting him to the side for Luffy and Zoro. It's meant to be the monster trio, but a lot of the time it feels like the monster duo, which upsets me.

That's why i hope he gets the oportunity to shine against Kizaru, i don't think he was stronger than the other two admirals, all of them had their oun personality, that was just as Kizaru was, very distracted. Also, now that Akainu is Fleet Admiral i really doubt he would be weaker than Borsalino, the WG or somebody like Kong must have helped boost his powers some more in order to serve as a proper leader to the 3 admirals.

Sanji will need to develop some sort of lightning kick to take on Kizaru, provided he does indeed take on Kizaru. That new opening could be be throwing us off, you know Oda.

Yeah, but the idea has been discussed among the fandom since way before this opening, not sure about lightning, all he needs is Haki, and Sanji clearly knows how to use it.

True, but if Kizaru moves at the speed of light no amount of Haki will catch him. Speed always wins over strength.

I'm sure Sanji will become fast enough, he has already developed a great speed to make his diable jumble, and has also developed some interesting set of abilities like the sky walk.

It's still way too soon to really say what he will be able to do by the end of story, if Luffy is to become the pirate king, then he will need to have a Yonko level kind of crew on the very least. Look at characters like Nami and Usopp for example, their fighting abilities are still incredibly clunky, yet their oponentes are stronger and stronger, at this point they could probably take down the likes of Arlong alone.

I still think that if Luffy will need to take down a fleet admiral and pirate king candidate like Akainu and Blackbeard respectivelly and if Zoro needs to take down the world's stronger swordsman and former rival to a Yonko, then Sanji will also need a worthy oponent, and it will be weird if he can't even take down an Admiral by the end of story.

I am curious about the arc right now in the anime/manga, on the manga side one thing is are we going to get another Luffy power up soon?

The addition of the flame-flame fruit back in the mix has my mind running circles trying to wrap my head around the possible scenarios they could play out. The biggest two I have thought of it the Luffy power up and somehow is able to eat and acquire his brothers powers on top of the gum-gum like black beard did with white beards powers and be the only two with two fruits powers or my other thought is the Flame-Flame is just a copy that the guy who can produce fruits the navy made.

Then again I can't remember if it was ever explained once the user of the fruit passes if that fruit with those powers ever grow again or if there is several of the same types of fruits on the place where they grow. So many questions still unanswered when it comes to them.:wall:

Also the anime new title is giving away a lot that not even the manga has touched on yet with that final scene with the admiral, luffy, and daflamingo squaring off in a battle that will be epic if turns out to be true to how this plays out.

The anime crew doesn't know anything more that we do, they're just predicting how things will turn out in that opening, happens all the time. I'm not sure Luffy will be able to get the fruit's powers, i could even see Sabo taking it, to be honest.

I'm anxious to see what new abilities Luffy will come up with next, expecially if he is defeat Doflamingo's hax ability, maybe something related to the strings sliping though his body, still, there needs to be another weakness in his power.

I highly doubt Luffy would eat another Devil Fruit. The manga makes it clear that it's not possible to do so (even if it's rumoured). Plus, the power levels would amazingly imbalanced. And this is just my opinion, but I want to see Luffy grow with his own devil fruit and haki abilities, not rely on another devil fruit. If Sabo eats the fruit, then Oda is essentially treating Sabo as Ace v.2.0.

As for Blackbeard, he's more of an exception that proves the rule. The only reason he even was able to take a second devil fruit is because of the Yami-Yami fruit technically treating Teach as if he stole the abilities, but never ate the fruit.

As for Blackbeard, he's more of an exception that proves the rule. The only reason he even was able to take a second devil fruit is because of the Yami-Yami fruit technically treating Teach as if he stole the abilities, but never ate the fruit.

It isn't from the Yami fruit. Marco alludes to it being from his "abnormal" body. If it was from the Yami-yami fruit it would've happened before.

It isn't from the Yami fruit. Marco alludes to it being from his "abnormal" body. If it was from the Yami-yami fruit it would've happened before.

No, Marco speculates that it could've been from his abnormal body. He's assuming that Blackbeard ate the second fruit for that to happen (since eating = places a Devil inside the body based on One Piece's theory). So we don't really know what happened.

Having said that, I don't think his abnormal body plays that much of a role, and I think it's more likely that Blackbeard extracted the powers with the help of the Yami-Yami no mi.

Source:
one-piece-1232511.jpg

I remember some speculation that Blackbeard can absorb people into his darkness and spit them out again, and he can more or less do it to devil fruit powers as well. There is even some speculation (and this ones a little far out) that Blackbeard has an ally absorbed inside of him whom took Whitebeard power. Still so many unknowns though, not sure what to believe myself.

I think he can take the powers of devil fruits due to his devil fruit, let's not Forget that he had been waiting for decaded to get the chance to have that devil fruit, i doubt he would have done all that just to disable a DV user when Haki could already do that. The center of his plans was also this, Shilew even alluded that if the plan didn't work when they were getting Whitebeard's powers, then the team would need to disband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"