• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"One Universe" Marvel & DC Crossover RPG Season II: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If everyone is finished you can consider the season closed. And then that'd mean it's officially awards time for Season II.

Hurry the **** up. You've had a goddamn month to get to this point and you wait till two days before the season ends to start posting again.

Seriously, BL. It's been over the deadline date to finish.

Well excuse me for not having all the time in the world like you guys apparently do! Some people are a little busy...

You've had a god damned month. It isn't difficult to sit down for an hour or two and finish an arc in a weekend.

Well excuse me for not having all the time in the world like you guys apparently do! Some people are a little busy...
Oh, I'm sorry, cause you know, half the people here have jobs and a busy college life. Speaking for myself, I don't have a job. I'm too involved in community service projects to have one. So don't go around and start pointing fingers and making assumptions. You need to get up two posts, it doesn't take a week to do it.

Dude don't worry dude I was just joking, I would rather you have Ock since it was just a passing thought I had and honestly, I think you would bring more to him then I would, so go a head. :yay:

Sounds good :up: I'm already working on my app, and I have some big ideas.

Just a quick reminder, what's Doctor Doom up to?

I'm done with DP for the season now. We can start wrapping things up.:up:

Oh ****, now I gotta do awards.

What are the categories again?

I tend to do nominations based on the following:

BEST STORYLINE
BEST HERO
BEST VILLAIN
BEST DEVELOPED CHARACTER
BEST FIGHT
BEST POST

Others add in other categories, but those are mine.

On the note of awards, I'd strongly encourage as many of you as possible to try and do awards. I don't mean to be Old Man Nostalgia here, but I think it's an element that's sadly fallen by the wayside in recent times. Back in the good ol' days of the RPGs, awards where a big deal, and everyone got involved. Indeed, back-and-forth feedback was a constant thing. Now, you get people having to beg for it. It's embarrasing. I know, because I've done my fair share of begging for it too! :woot:

I think it comes down to the fact that people just don't read other's posts as much anymore. I'm guilty of it too. It's a trend I hope to overcome. With the beginning of Season 3, I'm aiming to read every post, and to comment on those posts I read more often in OOC.

BEST STORYLINE - Galactus. While other great storylines deserve mentioning, this one involved nearly everyone either directly or indirectly. And it had a little bit of everything. The desperate stalling tactic (in space), the makeshift planning, the arrival before everyone is ready, the last stand, the battle with the herald, a couple of surprise twists, and the defeat of Galactus in a brand new way.

BEST HERO - Couple of good choices here, but I'm going with Harvey Dent. Here's a normal guy with no powers, no wonderful toys, nothing but the woman he loves and the cause he believes in. And he's willing to put everything on the line for that cause. It's going to be a tragedy when he moves from Best Hero to Best Villain.

BEST VILLAIN - And speaking of Best Villain, I'm giving this one Joker. Because, when you get right down to it, Karem is a sick ****. I thought Keyser's Joker was the ultimate wacko. But Karem takes him down a different path of brutal comedy. He makes sure Joker is the only one to get the jokes. Honestly, with a body count this high, Joker must never sleep.

BEST DEVELOPED CHARACTER - Count Nefaria. I honestly knew nothing about this guy. Not sure if I'd even heard of him before. But bkhedr's made him very...um...nefarious. You can tell he's got plans within plans rolling around in that brain of his. Powers we haven't even really seen. And not knowing makes him even creepier. Honorable mentions to trusty's run as Aquaman and Electro UK's almost sympathetic Electro.

BEST FIGHT -

BEST POST -

I'm going to skim the thread again later to find these last two. We did so much this season, it's hard to remember it all.

BEST HERO - Couple of good choices here, but I'm going with Harvey Dent. Here's a normal guy with no powers, no wonderful toys, nothing but the woman he loves and the cause he believes in. And he's willing to put everything on the line for that cause. It's going to be a tragedy when he moves from Best Hero to Best Villain.

Thanks for the nomination! I must admit, I never expected to even be in the running for Best Hero, so this comes as a pleasant surprise. I'm glad you've enjoyed my work this season, and I hope I'm able to meet your expectations when the "tragedy" finally does occur. :woot:

Thanks for the nomination! I must admit, I never expected to even be in the running for Best Hero, so this comes as a pleasant surprise. I'm glad you've enjoyed my work this season, and I hope I'm able to meet your expectations when the "tragedy" finally does occur. :woot:

Well, I wasn't allowed to nominate myself. ;) :p

Seriously, good work.

Wow, thanks a lot wieg! :up:
My awards:

BEST STORYLINE- The Galactus arc, while personally I was not involved in the story, I loved every part I read, props go to all the heroes and the villains involved. Good job guys!

BEST HERO- Batman, wiegeabo- Top notch stuff here man, you've managed to give us the true, faithful, rookie Batman and blend him in the Marvel Universe, great job.

BEST VILLAIN- Count Nefraia, bkhedr, I've only have certain Marvel Comics featuring the guy, and those had a few panels, but you've taken the character and done awesome work with him.

BEST DEVELOPED CHARACTER- The Silver Surfer, Johnny Blaze, the amount of effort, thought and quality in this short, but great solo arc is tremendously good JB, You can feel the Surfer's pain but his will to fight at the same time, plus having him interact with both the DC and Marvel entities was just great entertainment man.

BEST FIGHT- The Flash vs Zoom, Bryd Man and Syn, awesome start, awesome dialog, awesome fighting, super ****ing awesome ending, I was hooked to it from the start, and that ending, even though we knew it was going to happen sooner or later with dear Iris, man, you two did it brilliantly.

BEST POST- It was hard to pin point the one post that could represent Keyser Soze's posts on the guy, but I think "I believe in Harvey Dent" is the winner, our tragic character's first introduction with the coin that would one day rule his life, the meeting with his father and his love for his wife Gildia, all shown in a very human, and delicant manner, makes me feel bad for the guy once we know who he turns into.

BEST DEVELOPED CHARACTER- The Silver Surfer, Johnny Blaze, the amount of effort, thought and quality in this short, but great solo arc is tremendously good JB, You can feel the Surfer's pain but his will to fight at the same time, plus having him interact with both the DC and Marvel entities was just great entertainment man.

Sweet. I appreciate the nod, KK. It means a lot. :up:

Sounds good :up: I'm already working on my app, and I have some big ideas.

Just a quick reminder, what's Doctor Doom up to?

Doom's been up to, and is up to, no good. That's all I can say at this time.

Dude, I put in 40-50 hours a week in the kitchen, so don't cry to me about being busy. You can take your excuses and stick them you-know-where.

Sorry I havent responded to any pm or even been seen in that past few days, I somehow came down with a majorly evil sickness on par with the legacy virus. I hope you guys can forgive the sparatic posting until its cleared up.

BEST STORYLINE: THE COMING OF GALACTUS

BEST HERO: Batman(wiegabo), I can't say enough about his Batman. Probably the best Batman of the RPGs.

BEST VILLAIN: Doctor Doom(Johnny Blaze) DOOM!!!! With JBizzle as Doom, every post reeks of Doom's smugness and arrogance, sucks that JB can't turn that off. :csad:

BEST DEVELOPED CHARACTER: Harvey Dent(Keyser Soze) Nothing more I can say about Keyser's Harv that hasn't been said. Can't wait to see his darker half take over.

BEST FIGHT: Lobo vs. The League: It was fun to participate in that fight, and I loved it when Jay took Lobo to the woodshed for a little while. No school like the old school.

BEST POST: http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=11272985&postcount=424

Nick Fury lays it out.

BEST POST- It was hard to pin point the one post that could represent Keyser Soze's posts on the guy, but I think "I believe in Harvey Dent" is the winner, our tragic character's first introduction with the coin that would one day rule his life, the meeting with his father and his love for his wife Gildia, all shown in a very human, and delicant manner, makes me feel bad for the guy once we know who he turns into.

BEST DEVELOPED CHARACTER: Harvey Dent(Keyser Soze) Nothing more I can say about Keyser's Harv that hasn't been said. Can't wait to see his darker half take over.

Thanks for the recognition, guys!

BEST VILLAIN: Doctor Doom(Johnny Blaze) DOOM!!!! With JBizzle as Doom, every post reeks of Doom's smugness and arrogance, sucks that JB can't turn that off. :csad:

I wish I could turn it off too.

It's both a gift and a curse. :o :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back