Only the original trilogy considered canon by some?

Milk Tray Guy

70s Man of Action
Reaction score
I've heard that a fairly sizable group of Star Wars fans refuse to recognise the prequel trilogy as canon to the original trilogy. Is that actually the case?

Well, the new movies are sort of ignoring them (if Disney could overwrite them, you know they would).

Personally, I keep my own version of the prequels as head cannon and adjust it as references come and go.

Well, the new movies are sort of ignoring them (if Disney could overwrite them, you know they would).

Personally, I keep my own version of the prequels as head cannon and adjust it as references come and go.

Ah, right. Yes, I was going to ask what the situation was with the new films, whether they disregarded them as well :huh:

The cartoons didn't ignore the prequels. Rebels brought back Darth Maul, it featured a clip from Attack of the Clones, and we see the main characters visiting planets that were shown in the prequels (Geonosis, Mustafar).

Also, the new movies didn't really ignore the prequels because the Force Awakens made a few references to them like the Sith, the clone army, Ewan McGregor as Obi-wan's ghost, and Luke's blue lightsaber once belonging to Anakin. Rogue One brought back a few prequel actors like Jimmy Smiths (Bail Organa) and Gwendolyn O'Rielly(Mon Mothma) not to mention it had Darth Vader's castle stationed on Mustafar (the very planet where we was severely injured by Obi-wan). We even saw a brief glimpse of Coruscant and Episode 8: The Last Jedi will be making more references to the prequels.

Disney made it clear that BOTH the prequels and the originals are canon.

The prequels have always been canon. You don't have to like them, but you have to acknowledge them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"