The Original Trilogy General Discussion Thread.

Han always shoots first!
npzwC.jpg

For those in the Kentucky or surrounding states area.....Billy Dee Williams....Lando Calrissian himself will be at the Lexington Comic Con in March http://lexingtoncomiccon.com/

For the record, while Fox's rights for most of Star Wars ends in 2020, they own A New Hope in perpetuity.

I'd be stunned if they don't keep the distribution rights to the original and prequel trilogy. A deal will be arranged between Fox and Disney.

I'd be stunned if they don't keep the distribution rights to the original and prequel trilogy. A deal will be arranged between Fox and Disney.
If a deal hasnt been reached already. Considering how this all went down (and how long it's been in the works) i wouldnt be surprised.

And yes, we'll get the original versions of Star Wars, Empire and Jedi remastered for DVD/Blu-Ray. Bank on it.

Shh, they're gonna kill you for saying that!

I want both versions...both are great.

Star Wars: Episodes IV A New Hope is still my favorite Star Wars film.

And yes, we'll get the original versions of Star Wars, Empire and Jedi remastered for DVD/Blu-Ray. Bank on it.

It occurred to me that, for all we know, part of the deal with Lucas was that the only version to be released from now to forvever are the Bluray versions. He really seems to hate the original originals after all. :(

Star Wars: Episodes IV A New Hope is still my favorite Star Wars film.
I agree. This one and ROTS are my top 2. The others are more difficult to place and can move up and down depending on my mood.

Have to share this one, how cool is this? :woot:

487792_302505596538989_1601560211_n.jpg

I want both versions...both are great.
Yep. Get all the versions out there.

Empire and A New Hope are my favourites, followed by Return of the Jedi.

As for the prequels...hmm..I'd probably rank them Revenge of the Sith, The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Lucas fixed it so the original versions will never be released again in any format. He doesn't want anyone remembering they exist and Disney probably didn't care if the deal they signed meant the original versions would stay buried. They're focusing on the future and know that today's kids, the ones who'll be buying SW for their kids ten and twenty years from now, don't know or care about the original versions. All they know are the SEs and the SW cartoon shows and won't miss the original versions if they're never released again.

I'd love for the original versions to come out some day but I very much doubt it'll happen. Lucas didn't want it to and he had the final say.

I think there's something very weird, magical and special about "Star Wars" and "The Empire Strikes Back", something lost in ROTJ. The possibilities were endless at the end of ESB, the universe seemed huge and dangerous and weird.Not that I hate ROTJ, I don't. It just hurts when you read about how ROTJ was originally going to be.

Two dyson sphere death stars orbiting Coruscant, Emperor's palace with an underground lava room. Wookiee planet. Man, imagine if we had all that. Anyway, I love the Jabba scenes and Luke/Vader/Emperor stuff.

Two dyson sphere death stars orbiting Coruscant, Emperor's palace with an underground lava room. Wookiee planet. Man, imagine if we had all that. Anyway, I love the Jabba scenes and Luke/Vader/Emperor stuff.

Some of that stuff probably wasn't feasible with the resources and technology they had. But yeah, looking at some of the earlier ideas it's evident that there was a better version of Jedi out there. I still think the finished product is great but an element like the Ewoks feels like a compromise compared to a Wookie planet.

How tall/heavy is Anakin/Vader supposed to be in the armor?

Some of that stuff probably wasn't feasible with the resources and technology they had. But yeah, looking at some of the earlier ideas it's evident that there was a better version of Jedi out there. I still think the finished product is great but an element like the Ewoks feels like a compromise compared to a Wookie planet.

Look at some of this!
coruscant_1.jpg

emperor-throne-hadabbadon-art.jpg

Habitation_spheres.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"