• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Onslaught should have been the time to reboot the marvel universe.

HR-PUFF&STUFF

Sidekick
Reaction score
Onslaught should have been the time to reboot the marvel universe. All of the heroes should have flown into Onslaught even the mutants. And in the end thinking that they had scarified their lives to defeat one of the most powerful beings ever only to find that some one them lived, and some were missing and some had died.

Crystal, Doctor Doom, Mister Fantastic, Dr. Bruce Banner, and Franklin Richards get sent to the Earth from the pocket universe. There would be a 6 ish series that would involve them getting home.

Captain America, Iron Man, Falcon, Hawkeye, Thor, Vision, Wasp, Scarlet Witch would make the new avengers. And their first mission would be to bring in the mindless Hulk (without Banner).

Human Torch, Thing, Invisible Woman, Namor the Sub-Mariner, would make up the new Fantastic Four as they try to find Crystal, Doctor Doom, Mister Fantastic, Dr. Bruce Banner, and Franklin Richards.

Cyclops, Professor X, Jean Grey, Iceman, Nate Grey , Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Storm, all go missing and its up to the other X-men that were not there to find out what happened to them.

Black Panther, Cable, Joseph (Magneto's clone), Bishop and Giant-Man, would die.

er.... Thats not a reboot... thats just a different way of having Onslaught turn out. A reboot would indicate (to me at least) that you're doing a 'Crisis' style event and using it to ret-con the universe and 'reboot' the continuity.

Onslaught was the attempt to rebbot the Marvel U. Nobody liked it.

I wouldn't say that no-one liked it. I mean, I for one quite liked it. I didn't like aspects of it, and the heroes reborn thing was kinda lame, but I liked the actual concept, and I liked Heroes Return. Plus, it sorta resulted in us getting the Busiek/Perez Avengers, which is one of my favourate all time comic runs.

What I mean is that, they intended this to invigorate sales of these lines, etc. If it worked, they would've done the same for the X-men and Spidey. As it was, not long after, they did do something similar with both (Morrison's X-Men, and Byrne's Chapter One), sort of like reboot-lites.

And that's not all it gave us. It gave us a Liefeld Captain America that will live on forever and ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"