Whos the arch nemesis for each of these heroes?

gamemiester

Civilian
Reaction score
Now before i start i know theres gonna be a few who give stupid answers but if we could just have some serious answers to id be happy.

Anyway by arch nemesis i mean like how Joker is to the Batman and Dr Doom is to the Fantastic Four.

Here are the ones id like to get your opinion on.

The Hulk: would you say it was? I dont know who id go with here.

a) Abomination
b) The Leader
c) Avengers
d) Fantastic Four
e) The Army

X-men: Id probably say it wasnt Onslaught but its kind of a tie between the other two.

a) Magneto
b) Apocalypse
c) Onslaught

Spiderman: Id pick the Green Goblin

a) Green Goblin
b) Dr Octopus
c) Venom

Superman: Id probably go with Lex

a) Lex Luthor
b) Darkseid
c) Brainiac

Avengers: I woud again just about go with Kang

a) Kang (also known as Immortus, Scarlet Centurion maybe more)
b) Ultron
c) Other, please name

Ok thats about it thank you for your time :up:

Superman may find Darkseid a threat. But to me, the Gods of New Genesis are the true enemies of Darkseid.

Hulk= The Leader
X-Men=Magneto
Spider-man=Green Goblin
Superman=Lex Luthor
Avengers=Bendis...just kidding I'd probably say Loki or Kang

Hulk- Puppy dogs(makes him de-hulk)
X-men- Magneto, I never thought there was anyone else considered to be their nemesis.
Spider-man- Green Goblin, same thing as above.
Superman- Lex Luthor, same reason as the two above.
Avengers- Scarlet Witch, or Loki.

As it is typically seen

X-Men = Magneto (also) Brotherhood, Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Sentinels, Mr Sinister, Arcade, The Hellfire Club, The Marauders, The Reavers, Unus the Untouchable, Blob, Belasco, Graydon Creed, Trask, Phalanx, Nimrod, Bastion, Vulcan, Dark Beast, Dark Phoenix, Black Tom Cassady, Proteus, Vanisher, The Brood, Goblin Queen, Acolytes, Shadow King

Spider-Man = Green Goblin (also) Doctor Otto Octavius, Hobgoblin, Venom, Electro, Sinister Six, Enforcers, Spider-Slayer, Rhino, Silvermane, Vulture, Carnage, Chance, Morbius, The Lizard, Scorpion, Demogoblin, Kingpin, Slythe, Molten Man, Rose, Mysterio, Vermin, Tombstone, Shocker, Kraven, Sandman, Chameleon, Hydro Man, Hammerhead, Carrion, Scarecrow, Jack O Lantern, Ringer, Walrus, Arcade

Avengers = Ultron (also) Kang, Kree/Skrulls, Masters of Evil, Baron Zemo, AIM, Count Nefaria, Doctor Doom, Grandmaster, Michael Korvac, Mechano Marauder :D (teaches them to go on David Letterman), Taskmaster, Thanos, Supreme Intelligence, Super Adaptoid, Squadron Sinister, The Legion of the Unliving, Zodiac, Exemplars, Centurius, Ares, Corrupter, Terminus, Kulan Gath.

Fantastic Four = Dr Doom (also) Galactus, Frightful Four, Puppet Master, Blastarr, Terrax, Firelord, Annihillius, Klaw, Mole Man, Molecule Man, Skrulls, Super Skrull, Ronan the Accuser, Basilik, Psycho Man, Hate Monger, Fasaud, Spinx, Doctor Kristoff Doom, Mad Thinker, Salem Seven.

Inhumans = Maximus the Mad

Hulk = Leader (also) Abomination, Hulk Busters/Army/General Ross, Grey Gargolye, Cobalt Man, Zzzax, Half Life, The Puffball Collective, Xenmu the Titan, Kaluthu, Wendigo, the U Foes, Maestro, Absorbing Man.

DareDevil = Kingpin (also) Bullseye, Owl, Mr Fear, Gladiator, Bushwacker, Ammo, Shotgun, Bullet, Mandrill, Beetle, Mister Hyde, Purple Man, Typhoid Mary, Matador, Turk, Nuke, Mephisto, Death Stalker, Angar the Screamer, Blackheart, Pyro, Stilt Man, the Fellowship of Fear, Ani Men, Emessaries of Evil.

X-Factor (1st incarnation) = Apocalypse (also) Cameron Hodge, The Four Horsemen, Alliance of Evil, Freedom Force, N'astrih, Orphan Maker, Nanny, Goblin Queen, Frenzy, Tower

X-Factor (2nd incarnation) = Mr Sinister and the Nasty Boys (also) Haven, Exodus, Acolytes

Moon Knight = Bushman (also) Morpheus, Midnight, Arsenal, Stained Glass Scarlet.

Punisher = Jigsaw (also) Kingpin, Ma Gnucci, The Russian, Medallion.

Captain America = Red Skull (also) Baron Zemo(s), Flag Smasher, Taskmaster, Hydra, Batroc's Brigade, the Resistance, AIM, Hate Monger, Armadillo, Arnim Zola, Super Adaptoid, The Serpent Society.

Iron Man = Mandarin (also) Ani Men, Blacklash, Blizzard, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Justin Hammer, Radioactive Man, Madame Masque, Count Nefaria, Beetle.

Thor = Loki (also) Crusader, Absorbing Man, Grey Gargolye, Ulik, The Destroyer, Executioner, Cobra and Hyde, Mephisto, Surtur, The Wrecking Crew, Ego the Living Planet, Hela, Enchantress.

The Punisher doesn't have an arch enemy, he kills his opponents. Jigsaw was just a poor attempt at creating a recurring arch enemy in order to make the Punisher more like other "superheroes" but it doesn't really work. The Punisher's gone up against the Kingpin before because it just makes sense since the Punisher fights organized crime, but again, it's slightly forced, and the Punisher's MO is to kill his opponents, something he can't do.

The Punisher isn't a superhero, he's a vigilante, and it never makes sense to force him into the superhero mold. The closest thing that KIND OF worked with Punisher in the superhero mold was to give him a supporting character, Micro, but even that is pushing it since the Punisher is a loner

why do you assume its obvious the FFs archnemesis and Batmans but not Spider-mans, Supermans or x-mens
you'd think its just as obvious

The Avengers' arch-enemy can't be Loki because he's already Thor's arch-enemy. That'd be like saying Lex Luthor is the entire JLA's arch-enemy. He's not. He's Superman's. I'd say the Avengers' arch-enemy is either Kang, Ultron, or the Masters of Evil.

Also, the Punisher's arch-enemy is the mob. It's not a single person, but it is a singular entity and it's pretty much all he ever fights.

I've always thought that the MoE were the Avenger's archnenemies. One is a collection of some pretty dangerous villains and the other is an assembly of Earth's mightiest heroes.

They match up to the Avengers best in a direct, member-by-member sense, but I'd probably put Ultron ahead of them in terms of how much they've affected the team. Arch-nemeses really get under the heroes' skin. Loki takes the same divine powers of his foster brother and uses them to try and destroy the very humanity that Thor protects or throw kinks into Thor's personal relationships. Norman Osborn has killed Spider-Man's girlfriend and baby, among other things. What have the Masters of Evil done to the Avengers, really? Stormed their base a couple times? Tried to take over the world? Meanwhile, Ultron has literally tried to tear the Avengers apart from the inside out with the Vision, he's destroyed entire countries under the Avengers' noses, he's kidnapped several key Avengers to try and forge himself some twisted family in their image, and more. I'd say Ultron is definitely the Avengers' arch-nemesis.

Trigger said:
I've always thought that the MoE were the Avenger's archnenemies. One is a collection of some pretty dangerous villains and the other is an assembly of Earth's mightiest heroes.

Arch nemesis Is about personal connection to a villain. If the comparison thing applied venom would be spidey's arch nemesis but in reality it's osbourne

gamemiester said:
simple answers to simple questions

The Hulk: would you say it was? I dont know who id go with here.

a) Abomination
b) The Leader
c) Avengers
d) Fantastic Four
e) The Army

X-men: Id probably say it wasnt Onslaught but its kind of a tie between the other two.

a) Magneto
b) Apocalypse
c) Onslaught

Spiderman: Id pick the Green Goblin

a) Green Goblin
b) Dr Octopus
c) Venom

Superman: Id probably go with Lex

a) Lex Luthor
b) Darkseid
c) Brainiac

Avengers: I woud again just about go with Kang

a) Kang (also known as Immortus, Scarlet Centurion maybe more)
b) Ultron
c) Other, please name-depends which incarnation, ultimate avengers, would probably be hulk, lol.

Ok thats about it thank you for your time :up:

Altho the venom/green goblin is debatable, the others are right.

That kind of annoyed, me there was this whole open ended thing that she might still be out there but then they just kind of forgot about it and carried on as normal. There's no retcon more powerful than apathy

It wasn't apathy, it was a conscious decision to drop it. Damage control on the Clone Saga, basically. At that point, they figured they should just pull away from all of the concepts and elements introduced in the Clone Saga, and the less said the better.

Elijya said:
The Punisher doesn't have an arch enemy, he kills his opponents. Jigsaw was just a poor attempt at creating a recurring arch enemy in order to make the Punisher more like other "superheroes" but it doesn't really work. The Punisher's gone up against the Kingpin before because it just makes sense since the Punisher fights organized crime, but again, it's slightly forced, and the Punisher's MO is to kill his opponents, something he can't do.

The Punisher isn't a superhero, he's a vigilante, and it never makes sense to force him into the superhero mold. The closest thing that KIND OF worked with Punisher in the superhero mold was to give him a supporting character, Micro, but even that is pushing it since the Punisher is a loner
Punisher has an arch enemy in name, and that is Jigsaw. When he is written as he is now, no he is not a traditional Superhero. But remember during the eighties and especially during Miller's DareDevil (when he wore is black and white jumpsuit) he was a Superhero.

Since then they have abandoned the spandexy uniform for something a little more fitting of a "soldier against crime". However Jigsaw was definitely for quiet sometime Punisher's arch nemesis. He is certainly his biggest name villain, and is the one that most people would name if they were asked to name a Punisher rogue.

However being a vigilante or a killer does not deny him a arch nemesis. DareDevil and Batman are both non lethal vigilante's whose opponent is "crime in general" yet both have developed colorful rogues galleries. Moon Knight and Nick Fury would be in the lethal category and again have rogues.

I actually think the fact that Punisher lacks any other true nemesis besides Jigsaw makes him somewhat uninteresting at times.

Well im glad everybody so far has been sensible so thanks.

Also is Ronan the accuser another Kang in another timeline like immortus or someone separate?

And whos the Justice Leagues arch nemesis?

3dman -arthur tremaine [the triune understanding founder]

an arch enemy is the characters main villain....Think of it like this:If they were doing a movie based on a superhero who should be the first villain

the arch enemy is that one you actually genuinely HATE more than any other being in the universe

roach said:
an arch enemy is the characters main villain....Think of it like this:If they were doing a movie based on a superhero who should be the first villain

then again, venom could be considered Spidermans arch nemesis, but he couldn't have been in the first movie, because the story needed to be built up first!

when it comes to Spider-man's arch nemesis to me it comes down to Green Goblin or Doc Ock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"