Patrick Wilson is Orm

Didn't see it coming, even though we really should have.

By the way, I know it goes against more recent comics, but I hope they give him a beard in film. I like the idea of Atlantean kings rocking the beard, it is reminiscent of kings of old.

Kind of left field to bring video games into this, but I could see movie Orm being an Ulfric Stormcloak type of character. A "well-intentioned" extremist hiding behind idealism when in fact all he really wants is power.

Momoa and Wilson as brothers, even half brothers, is quite a leap.

Mom must have had some strong genes, I suppose.

While he doesn't look even remotely like Momoa, Wilson is a great actor. Glad to see him in this.

Nobody seems to be bothered by the fact that Samantha Jo played Car-Vex in MOS and is appearing in WW solo (and apparently JL) as Euboea, but Wilson saying two lines over the phone in BvS is suddenly a problem.

By the way, I'm not referring to StarLord, as I noticed he was sarcastic.

I would say this casting decision has left me more "um..." than "Orm" but oh well.

I think it was a disappointing missed opportunity to cast another person of colour but ok

Nobody seems to be bothered by the fact that Samantha Jo played Car-Vex in MOS and is appearing in WW solo (and apparently JL) as Euboea, but Wilson saying two lines over the phone in BvS is suddenly a problem.

By the way, I'm not referring to StarLord, as I noticed he was sarcastic.

And Richard Cetrone was Tor-An in MoS and now he's Batman...(well, Stuntfleck :woot:)

Polux

Patrick Wilson is such an amazing, underrated actor who always delivers. I've no doubt he can fully capture all of Orm's complexities.

Wait, WHAT!? This is going to be really interesting. I'm wondering what will be done for his appearance. Patrick usually keeps the same appearance, more or less, so doing something completely different to make him look nearly unrecognizable will be a great way to go.

Last edited:
I like the casting. I did expect Patrick Wilson in a DCEU role because he's close with both Wan and Snyder but not for this character tbh.

I just hope the writing for Ocean Master is very good, that's all I want. Wilson is an underrated actor and I've liked him in pretty much all of the roles I've seen him play. He'll do a good job with the right material.

Patrick Wilson as Orm by BossLogic Inc.:

15492388_638541929649178_3954558511429835431_n.jpg

Not his best work. Should have kept it closer to the aesthetic seen on Arthur's and Mera's costumes. And that helmet is way too silly and impractical.

I'm still for giving him beard, by the way. He used to have it in older comics.

I'm not sure about the staff either. Too Loki.

I'm hoping Arthur has a hook though. Or a harpoon:ilv:

I believe that's supposed to be Orm's trident (which is capable of discharging lightning) and not a staff. It has an unconventional shape to it, though usually not this much unconventional.

No thanks, I prefer my Aquaman with both hands, and if he must lose one then he needs to get the waterbearer so he can still pull off awesome trident fighting maneuvers.

I never liked the water hand. It was one of many silly things they came up with when Peter David left. I agree about him having both of his hands, though... hook hand or harpoon are not worth sacrificing what is surely to be a very interesting trident choreography, in my book. We rarely get to see this obscure weapon on film, anyway.

Yeah, i'm not a fan of the hook or water hand either.

I'm kinda still processing this. On a pure level of performance I have faith Wilson will do well at least.

http://dccomicsmovie.com/patrick-wilson-talks-on-being-cast-in-aquaman-and-when-he-begins-filming/

In a recent interview with WBT Radio, Wilson discussed what bought him onto the film and overall DC Extended Universe.

“What’s gonna be interesting is there hasn’t been the technology to back up the storytelling, I guess, for Aquaman,” Wilson tells Lopez, “until now.”

“And for me, of course, I’m completely biased with James Wan, who I’ve done four films with — knowing that he’s at the helm and knowing what he … can do and what he will do, I’ll do anything with him.”

“I think the lure of Aquaman [is] because he hasn’t been overexposed on screen. And I don’t know Jason — I can’t wait to meet him. I was a huge fan even from the first episode of Game of Thrones, so I’m in — I’m in with him, and he’s gonna be fantastic.”

I like the casting. I did expect Patrick Wilson in a DCEU role because he's close with both Wan and Snyder but not for this character tbh.

I just hope the writing for Ocean Master is very good, that's all I want. Wilson is an underrated actor and I've liked him in pretty much all of the roles I've seen him play. He'll do a good job with the right material.

Yeah, I loved him in Watchmen, the second season of Fargo, and Bone Tomahawk. Was hoping he'd get cast in DCEU in some capacity, but I don't know much about Orm really, so I couldn't say if I'm too excited about this casting yet, especially if he's supposed to be related to Momoa's Aquaman. But, I'll have to see his look and performance, same with WillemnDafoe, who I like, but seems like a strange choice atm, until I see their vision. I'm glad to see him involved, I was actually thinking he might make a good Green Lantern, but I didn't ever see that as much of a possibility anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"