• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Homecoming Peter Parker, Science Bro

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
The genius scientist aspect of Peter Parker is something both the Raimi and Webb films failed to depict.
With Spidey interacting with Tony Stark and Bruce Banner MS has a chance to finally show us this side of Parker.
I hope they go that route personally

If Peter is still in High School, hopefully he's taking college classes in science with Gwen and Harry, hopefully taught by Professors Octavious, Conners, and Morbious.

Hopefully no more looking up youtube scientists :whatever:

That would be awesome, to join Tony Stark, Bruce Banner and Scott Lang would be something the fangirls would get into.

Let's have his intelligence outside of montage scenes, how about during a battle?

He looked up how batteries work on youtube.
I think I blocked a large junk of the TASM movies out of my memories, but yeah, stuff like this shouldn't happen in Spider-Man movies. This kid invented webshooters at the age of 16, he should know how batteries work

I don't think Peter should be Tony Stark or Bruce Banner smart, however he should be able to keep up with them in conversation and maybe even bring up points they might have missed.

He can be a good inventor, but not to the extent of Stark.

Parker may not be in the top ten of Marvel superscientists, not with Stark, Banner, Cho, Pym, Doom and Mr. Fantastic around, but he is way above average intellect

I would love to see Peter use his genius in the films for more than just his webshooters and costume. I wouldn't mind seeing him develop spider-tracers or even stingers (even if they were more of a Ben Reilly thing). Perhaps he could upgrade his webbing for various purposes like testing the elasticity, adhesive qualities etc or to tweak it for fighting villains like Sandman or Electro.

I would love to see Peter use his genius in the films for more than just his webshooters and costume. I wouldn't mind seeing him develop spider-tracers or even stingers (even if they were more of a Ben Reilly thing). Perhaps he could upgrade his webbing for various purposes like testing the elasticity, adhesive qualities etc or to tweak it for fighting villains like Sandman or Electro.

The spider tracers and signal are something I've been long advocating for. If the stars aligned for me and they used the classic costume with the mechanical web shooters, the signal, and tracer, I wouldn't even care who the next Spidey is :woot:

98UnoHel.png

01wwMFcl.png

Score out the signal and we've got a deal. :oldrazz:

Just once, that's all I ask :yay:

Even if it's in the form of a flashback or something, that would be great. Maybe to show some earlier sequences when he first got his powers and took out small scale criminals/street thugs.

Just once, that's all I ask :yay:

Even if it's in the form of a flashback or something, that would be great. Maybe to show some earlier sequences when he first got his powers and took out small scale criminals/street thugs.

Yeah, but how far back?

How about Peter's night light? :oldrazz:

k2-_550e0037-dc83-46c5-9b52-08ed430f3092.v1.jpg

Should Peter get any of his tech from Stark or SHIELD? Or should he solely invent his own stuff?

Yeah, but how far back?

How about Peter's night light? :oldrazz:

k2-_550e0037-dc83-46c5-9b52-08ed430f3092.v1.jpg

Well, my assumption at this point is that they'll do the origin in the form of a flashback as well. They could toss it in there?

I think Peter should be a few months to a year into being Spidey.

Thinking about it I think it could be thrown in there as an easter egg. Have it in Peter's basement or garage where he works on all his experiments and have it sitting in the background while he's working there.

Thinking about it I think it could be thrown in there as an easter egg. Have it in Peter's basement or garage where he works on all his experiments and have it sitting in the background while he's working there.
the nightlight?

Let's have his intelligence outside of montage scenes, how about during a battle?

Yeah, I agree with that. Have him use his brains to defeat a villain.

If Spider-Man appears in an Avengers movie (keep his secret identity preserved, imo), have him surprise everyone by holding his own with Banner and Stark, but that's about as far as it needs to go.

Really, if they want to know how to portray the character, just watch the Flash TV show. Barry Allen in that show is essentially Peter Parker with different abilities.

Should Peter get any of his tech from Stark or SHIELD? Or should he solely invent his own stuff?

Depends on what their plans are for Civil War. If Tony Stark basically acts as Satan and is tempting Spider-Man to join his side with offers of technology, then that's fine. But, otherwise, I think it detracts from his intellect to have others invent things for him.

Parker needs to have a strong knowledge base focused in chemistry, biology and engineering. He needs to be a math wiz, with a keen grasp of physics and geometry, and he needs to be proficient with computers and laboratory equipment. These combined attributes are what allow Peter Parker to be Spider-man.

Throughout his history he's had to build things like radio transmitters and em field generators (such as the device that disrupted the Vulture's anti gravity technology) and he's had to alter or devise serums (such as when he's reversed the Lizard's transformation). His understanding of physics and math allow him to more effectively predict and control his motions when web swinging, and using his spider agility. Parker is not the 'average guy' who just happened to gain super powers, he's someone who spent his entire life focusing on intellectual pursuits and education rather than physical development, yet after the spider bite he immediately develops super human physical ability over night. Spider-man's powers are obviously useful, but they wouldn't be nearly as useful with out Parker's mind behind them.

The first and most obvious testament to this fact is the web shooter. The invention of the web shooter needs to be an impressive and complicated feat that acts as a first demonstration of the range in Parker's knowledge. The web shooter itself is a feat of engineering and the web fluid is a feat of chemistry, but I think there's also an opportunity here to demonstrate a knowledge of genetics and biology. This can be done by having Parker engineer a transgenic bacteria to generate one of the ingredients in his web formula. Not only would this require an understanding of genetics and biology, but it would provide an explanation for why Parker is seemingly the only one with access to the web formula.

A scientifically minded person like Peter -upon getting super powers- would undoubtedly want to examine himself (and spiders) as a way of better understanding his transformation. Upon sequencing and studying his genome, he should discover a mutated gene responsible for producing a silk protein similar to Spider web. Parker can isolate this gene and splice it into a strain of bacteria and use this bacteria to generate a unique silk protein which he uses to complete his web formula.

Scientists are already engineering transgenic life (goats and bacteria for example) as a way of producing spider silk, because spiders themselves are impractical to farm. The ASM movie was silly in this regard for having a futuristic company like Oscorp farm actual spiders as a way to produce web, when scientists in the real world are already engineering spider goats to accomplish that same task, which ironically seems more like a concept from a comic book.

So once again, for me the ideal method through which Parker generates his webbing would be to cultivate a bacteria that has a unique silk producing gene taken from Parker's own blood. Not only is it more of an accomplishment on Parker's part, demonstrating an understanding of gene splicing, but it's actually more realistic than buying web from oscorp which is generated by actual spiders.

Parker needs to have a strong knowledge base focused in chemistry, biology and engineering. He needs to be a math wiz, with a keen grasp of physics and geometry, and he needs to be proficient with computers and laboratory equipment. These combined attributes are what allow Peter Parker to be Spider-man.

Throughout his history he's had to build things like radio transmitters and em field generators (such as the device that disrupted the Vulture's anti gravity technology) and he's had to alter or devise serums (such as when he's reversed the Lizard's transformation). His understanding of physics and math allow him to more effectively predict and control his motions when web swinging, and using his spider agility. Parker is not the 'average guy' who just happened to gain super powers, he's someone who spent his entire life focusing on intellectual pursuits and education rather than physical development, yet after the spider bite he immediately develops super human physical ability over night. Spider-man's powers are obviously useful, but they wouldn't be nearly as useful with out Parker's mind behind them.

The first and most obvious testament to this fact is the web shooter. The invention of the web shooter needs to be an impressive and complicated feat that acts as a first demonstration of the range in Parker's knowledge. The web shooter itself is a feat of engineering and the web fluid is a feat of chemistry, but I think there's also an opportunity here to demonstrate a knowledge of genetics and biology. This can be done by having Parker engineer a transgenic bacteria to generate one of the ingredients in his web formula. Not only would this require an understanding of genetics and biology, but it would provide an explanation for why Parker is seemingly the only one with access to the web formula.

A scientifically minded person like Peter -upon getting super powers- would undoubtedly want to examine himself (and spiders) as a way of better understanding his transformation. Upon sequencing and studying his genome, he should discover a mutated gene responsible for producing a silk protein similar to Spider web. Parker can isolate this gene and splice it into a strain of bacteria and use this bacteria to generate a unique silk protein which he uses to complete his web formula.

Scientists are already engineering transgenic life (goats and bacteria for example) as a way of producing spider silk, because spiders themselves are impractical to farm. The ASM movie was silly in this regard for having a futuristic company like Oscorp farm actual spiders as a way to produce web, when scientists in the real world are already engineering spider goats to accomplish that same task, which ironically seems more like a concept from a comic book.

So once again, for me the ideal method through which Parker generates his webbing would be to cultivate a bacteria that has a unique silk producing gene taken from Parker's own blood. Not only is it more of an accomplishment on Parker's part, demonstrating an understanding of gene splicing, but it's actually more realistic than buying web from oscorp which is generated by actual spiders.

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"