Marvel Films Phase siX

So the dude who directed Shang-Chi is directing Avengers: Kang Dynasty?

Talk about underwhelming. Definitely a "cost" related move.

They could, but it would end up Phase 6 earliest anyway. I am really curious to see what those other 3 rumored Phase 6 films are now. I for sure thought Shang-Chi 2 would be one of them, but this news I do think indicates otherwise

3? I thought it was just 2.

Anyway, I'd be happy with a solo movie for Namor (if the rights allow), and one for Scarlet Witch.

There's February 2025 and July 2025 for a total of 5 phase siX movies.

There's an unrevealed February 2024 Marvel movie, which was left out in SDCC. I think that movie is Deadpool.

I saw a rumor recently indicating a Namor series for D+ may be in the works. So looks like he won't be a movie
I’ll be happy to see more of him wherever they want to put him.

A Namor movie isn't happening probably because of Universal Pictures. I still don't know why Disney couldn't resolve this issue with Universal. I don't know if its a money thing or Universal won't just cooperate. But if we are getting movies for Thunderbolts, Eternals, Ant-Man, Guardians, Shang-Chi and another Fantastic Four movie reboot - a solo movie for Hulk and Namor should have happened by now under Disney.

I just hope the Xeries would look as eXpensive as Wakanda Forever.

Cretton directing Avengers Kang Dynasty doesn't mean that Shang Chi 2 won't come out until after Secret Wars.They can find another Asian American director who can do a good job. There are a lot of slots opened in Phase 6, I expect the next Shang Chi to fill one of those slots.

Besides, going by the leak the next one is called Shang Chi and the Wreckage of Time. That might mean he also has a showdown with Kang or a Kang variant like Ant Man will.

Marvel Studios Sets Eight New Theatrical Dates for Phases 6 & 7 - Murphy's Multiverse
Apparently the 8 movie dates include the start of phase 7.

So looking at only movies (not including D+ shows)

Phase 6:
  • Nov 08 2024: Fantastic Four
  • Feb 14 2025: ???
  • May 02 2025: Kang Dynasty
  • Jul 25 2025: ???
  • Nov 07 2025: Secret Wars
My predictions:

-The February 2025 movie is Shang-Chi 2
-The July 2025 movie is Spider-Man 4

Phase 7:
  • Feb 13 2026: ???
  • May 01 2026: ???
  • Jul 24 2026: ???
  • Nov 06 2026: ???

My predictions:

-The February 2026 movie is Deadpool 3
-The May 2026 movie is Doctor Strange 3
-The July 2026 movie is X-Men
-The November 2026 movie is Eternals 2 aka Celestials: End of Time

Spider-man movies have always come 2 to 3 years after the last one, except when there's a reboot (both reboots caused the current movie in development to be canceled, causing a bigger gap). Since Spider-man isn't being rebooted I expect we'll get the next one either in late 2023 or early to mid 2024.

Disappointed that Shang-Chi 2 won't be part of phase 6 but it seems no franchise is getting multiple films in the Multiverse Saga, except maybe Spider-Man.
Seems like a lot of them will see sequels after Secret Wars.

I'm pretty sure none of those dates is Spider-Man 4, because Sony would set that date, not Marvel.

Correct. Hence why Spider-Man films never end up on these things when they do the SDCC timeliness. They only show up after the fact, like NWH on the Phase 4 graph. It was already released.

So that other July date would be something else.

Now, as for these open dates for Phase 6....I am still mulling this over. Deadpool 3 is the other 2024 movie and I think that gets announced at D23. So that is out of the running. Again, given the director was attached to Shang-Chi 2 in all prior mentions about it, I do think him doing Kang Dynasty delays it. Sure, he can be replaced. But i dont think he will be.

I think Doctor Strange 3 will be one of them. That one I am the most certain about. But that last slot I can see going a number of directions. I don't think it will be Mutants. I think that's 2026.

Given the theme of the phase, Eternals 2 or Shang-Chi 2 would make the most sense. So I guess my question becomes will they replace the director on Shang-Chi 2. If they don't, I can see Eternals 2 taking this one in a move that may surprise everyone given the perception on Eternals as of right now.

Correct. Hence why Spider-Man films never end up on these things when they do the SDCC timeliness. They only show up after the fact, like NWH on the Phase 4 graph. It was already released.

So that other July date would be something else.

They don't want 5 MCU movies in one year. Their limit is 4 & while Spider-Man 4 may be a SONY picture, it's set in the MCU.

2023 has no room for Spider-Man 4:

February - Quantumania
May - The Marvels
July - GOTG 3
November - Blade

2024 has room for Spider-Man 4 if they release it in February:

February - ?
May - Cap 4
July -
November - FF

2025 has a July date that's perfect for a Spider-Man movie much like Far From Home's after Endgame:

February - prob Shang Chi 2
May - Avengers: Kang Dynasty
July - prob Spider-Man 4
November - Avengers: Secret Wars

They don't want 5 MCU movies in one year. Their limit is 4 & while Spider-Man 4 may be a SONY picture, it's set in the MCU.

February - Quantumania
May - The Marvels
July - GOTG 3
November - Blade

February - ?
May - Cap 4
July -
November - FF

2025 has a July date that's perfect for a Spider-Man movie much like Far From Home's after Endgame:

July - prob Spider-Man 4

But again, that isn't up to Marvel. It is up to Sony. So it doesn't matter if that sounds like a perfect time. Marvel Studios has that date on reserve. Not Sony. Therefore it isn't Spider-Man. I have no idea when Spider-Man will be. Maybe around Christmas again like NWH. But that is a Sony decision

I don't recall anyone from Marvel ever stating that 4 movies a year is a hard limit. Plenty of fans would say its not a great idea, but there's absolutely no good reason to think it's impossible and absolutely zero precedent for Marvel Studios announcing the date of a Spider-Man movie before Sony does. Any date announced by Marvel is by definition not a Spider-man movie.

February - Quantumania
May - The Marvels
July - GOTG 3
November - Blade

February - ?
May - Cap 4
July -
November - FF

July - prob Spider-Man 4

I doubt that Sony is gonna want to just frivolously wait an extra year or two for a Spider-man movie just because Marvel scheduled a certain number of other movies that year. Spider-man might not always be the top priority for Marvel but it is for Sony.

But again, that isn't up to Marvel. It is up to Sony. So it doesn't matter if that sounds like a perfect time. Marvel Studios has that date on reserve. Not Sony. Therefore it isn't Spider-Man. I have no idea when Spider-Man will be. Maybe around Christmas again like NWH. But that is a Sony decision

I guess they could do a repeat of what happened last year with Eternals and No Way Home where they were released just 6 weeks apart:

Blade - November 3, 2023
Spider-Man 4 - December 15, 2023

I just think 5 movies is a lot of theatrical MCU for one year. We're approaching overkill.

I guess they could do a repeat of what happened last year with Eternals and No Way Home where they were released just 6 weeks apart:

Blade - November 3, 2023

I just think 5 movies is a lot of theatrical MCU for one year. We're approaching overkill.

I think a lot of people would agree that's a concern. But it doesn't change the fact that Marvel doesn't announce Spider-man movie dates.

It might also not even be relevant. Since No Way Home was the end of a trilogy, it's at least possible Sony might've agreed to wait somewhat longer to start the next series. Not that I would bet on that possibility, but it's not necessarily out of the question.

Blade - November 3, 2023

I dont disagree about it being a concern. But it is Sony who decides to greenlight a Spider-Man film and when to release it. Marvel Studios are just the ones making the movie. The Sony/Marvel deal is separate from the rest of the MCU decision making in that sense. So, unless Marvel Studios decides to not make one of their movies they have on the slate, we are gonna end up with a 5 film year whenever Sony decides they want the next Spider-Man film out

Spider-man movies have always come 2 to 3 years after the last one, except when there's a reboot (both reboots caused the current movie in development to be canceled, causing a bigger gap). Since Spider-man isn't being rebooted I expect we'll get the next one either in late 2023 or early to mid 2024.

My current prediction is that we get MCU Spider-Man 4 as a December 2024 release.

As you said, Sony's turnaround with that franchise has been every 2-3 years with one exception and the December date worked so well for NWH that I think they may be inclined to stay in that timeframe.

My current prediction is that we get MCU Spider-Man 4 as a December 2024 release.

As you said, Sony's turnaround with that franchise has been every 2-3 years with one exception and the December date worked so well for NWH that I think they may be inclined to stay in that timeframe.

If SONY releases Spider-Man 4 on December 20th, 2024 it gives Fantastic Four a 6-week run. It could work much like it did for Eternals and No Way Home last year. I just think it'd be overkill. I'd rather 2024 close out with the FF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"