Phoenix: Did you like her explanation?

AVP82 said:
She never died in the first place.

Good point so in X2 she didn't die and in this film she did so she could come back since she hasn't died twice.

Bastila said:
Good point so in X2 she didn't die and in this film she did so she could come back since she hasn't died twice.

I'm hoping. :)

BMM said:
While I find your explanation interesting, it sounds like something you just made up in order to rationalize a lack of explanation on the creative team's behalf.

I think your explanation could work in some ways, but it's a shame the actual movie didn't take the time to make a better attempt at reconciling the story as you have.

Besides, doesn't the fact that so many people are actually debating their own different reconciliations of Jean's explanation mean that the [movie] explanation somewhat failed. That is, if it was explained well and made understandable sense to everyone, shouldn't there be no questioning it at all?

Exactly, very well said.

Bastila said:
Me to now, lets hope Fox and other people think of that as well.

wtf. is this x-men, or zombies attack? Ghostbusters even. I hope she's dead this time.

Wesyeed said:
wtf. is this x-men, or zombies attack? Ghostbusters even. I hope she's dead this time.

thats nice lol.

Well we don't see a cacoon of energy this time do we?

Wesyeed said:
Well we don't see a cacoon of energy this time do we?

you didn't see one in the last film.

She doesn't have to be in a coacoon to come back.

there was definitely a bright red flash of energy all about Jean in the final instant before the water crashed down on her (not to mention the full image of a fire in her eyes).

Comic fans might not like the explanation but i loved it. It was all repressed power smartly restrained by xavier... but of course he couldnt control it forever.

Seeing that the film is an adaptation I thought the cocoon explanation worked well.

toya thegr8 said:
Seeing that the film is an adaptation I thought the cocoon explanation worked well.

Jean Grey did go into a cocoon in the comics. The Phoenix was explained as a force that took her place while the real Jean snoozed in an energy cocoon at the bottom of the bay. So the cocoon does come from the comics, it does have some 'authenticity' to it.

X-Maniac said:
Jean Grey did go into a cocoon in the comics. The Phoenix was explained as a force that took her place while the real Jean snoozed in an energy cocoon at the bottom of the bay. So the cocoon does come from the comics, it does have some 'authenticity' to it.

Even better.

Has anyone been able to confirm the reports from France about the secret ending where the mansion shakes and there's a big hole in her grave, then an optic blast from down by Alkali Lake?

If it does exist, I think America should have gotten it, because I think MOST fans want them back more than Xavier.

How come Mystique could survive Logan's stab and not CLass 5 PHOENIX!

Maybe in X4, they'll say that the Phoenix persona was destroyed and OUR Jean is now the sole personality in the body.

I didn't mind the explanation they gave, though I don't think her face needed to go all black and creepy. Her black eyes were enough.

If cyclops and Jean return again im walking out of x4 lol

Dont push the revival card too far imo. X is a poewerful psychic as was jean and she already had her shot, not that i want an x4 anyway.

X-Maniac said:

Not after Morrison's New X-Men and Endsong it isn't. It established it was Jean all along. When Jean died on the shuttle, she resurrrected herself by merging with a non sentient fudamental force of life, passion, and creation. She survived, and put her old body into stasis with a spark just in case things went wrong. The rest of her mind went into the new body she created for herself.

Intheknow101 said:
Not after Morrison's New X-Men and Endsong it isn't. It established it was Jean all along. When Jean died on the shuttle, she resurrrected herself by merging with a fudamental force of life, passion, and creation. She survived, and put her old body into stasis with a spark just in case things went wrong. The rest of mind went into the new body she created for herself.

Christ, you are so argumentative. The point is that THERE WAS A COCOON IN THE COMICS.

I was responding to someone who liked the idea of a cocoon, explaining that it was comic-derived.

X-Maniac said:
Christ, you are so argumentative. The point is that THERE WAS A COCOON IN THE COMICS.

I was responding to someone who liked the idea of a cocoon, explaining that it was comic-derived.

And there was another cocoon/egg that Jean again created where she killed herself on the moon as well. If you're going to tell the story, tell the whole story. It's like you saying the earth is still square after it's been reavealed that it's not. While the cocoon is relevant, the rest of your information is based on an old retcon that has since been phased out.

Intheknow101 said:
And there was another cocoon/egg that Jean again created where she killed herself on the moon as well. If you're going to tell the story, tell the whole story. It's like you saying the earth is still square after it's been reavealed that it's not. While the cocoon is relevant, the rest of your information is based on an old retcon that has since been phased out.

But the fact is that there was a cocoon at the bottom of the bay in the story where Jean was found by the FF. That ties into the cocoon in the movies. A cocoon at the bottom of a body of water. Forget the moon, forget the retcon, i am not going to repeat the entire friggin saga when i want to highlight one point. Stop being so bloody argumentative and unlikeable.

X-Maniac said:
But the fact is that there was a cocoon at the bottom of the bay in the story where Jean was found by the FF. That ties into the cocoon in the movies. A cocoon at the bottom of a body of water. Forget the moon, forget the retcon, i am not going to repeat the entire friggin saga when i want to highlight one point. Stop being so bloody argumentative and unlikeable.

How about I do as I please. It is a public forum after all. I'm not arguing with you since I said the cocoon was valid. I was merely commenting on the fact that your assumed relevant and correct background info isn't quite correct anymore and is severely outdated.

If you think that discussing is an argument then maybe you are the argumentative one.:down

Oh crap...she's gonna get mad...

cap1410bw3hm3.jpg

... :eek: :O "Cocoon...cocoon..."

Just bring Jean back and give Rogue some powers. Just bring Jean back, anybody else I dont care.

i've started my x4 script :p and Scott becomes promenient (SP?) in mine...

Xavier's dialogue between Wolverine, in my opinion, needed to breathe a little bit more...It was a little too quick, but Patrick sold the story with his solid acting...But, I guess they could've done only so much...I mean, they didn't need to waste too much time developing flashback moments to explain what was going on..

-TNC

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"