Pitch ideas for Superman solo

The difference is Returns was not actually set in the past. The film I originally proposed to see would be. There would be no iPads and internet. But the discovery of advanced Kryptonian technology would allow you to mix in some futuristic designs, weapons, and robots otherwise not available in such a time period. Yet still be firmly planted narratively in the US pre-WWII.

I'd like to see a Superman film actually set in the 1938 for various reasons. It allows certain elements to be included and feel more at home. Bruno Mannheim, Intergang, the Ace o' Clubs, even the Daily Planet. A golden age evil scientist Lex if they were to choose that version of the character also blends in perfectly. The dual identity aspect fits in smoothly with the 1930's eras. No cellphones and cameras anywhere to snap your photo and send it around the world. You can be in Metropolis and not be seen anyone else around the world.

Most of all, it would tell me there is something different going on with this Superman film, different than MOS. Sure, we're most likely getting Superman set in modern times once again and I'm all for that. But I'm open to other possibilities.

The difference is Returns was not actually set in the past. The film I originally proposed to see would be. There would be no iPads and internet. But the discovery of advanced Kryptonian technology would allow you to mix in some futuristic designs, weapons, and robots otherwise not available in such a time period. Yet still be firmly planted narratively in the US pre-WWII.

I'd like to see a Superman film actually set in the 1938 for various reasons. It allows certain elements to be included and feel more at home. Bruno Mannheim, Intergang, the Ace o' Clubs, even the Daily Planet. A golden age evil scientist Lex if they were to choose that version of the character also blends in perfectly. The dual identity aspect fits in smoothly with the 1930's eras. No cellphones and cameras anywhere to snap your photo and send it around the world. You can be in Metropolis and not be seen anyone else around the world.

Most of all, it would tell me there is something different going on with this Superman film, different than MOS. Sure, we're most likely getting Superman set in modern times once again and I'm all for that. But I'm open to other possibilities.

Nostalgia is like a chain holding Superman back. Instead of using the best pieces to build something new, there's a tendency to just try to recreate what was cool before but not bringing anything new.

Lex isn't the golden age scientist anymore. What beyond a retro feel does making him that way again accomplish? What new would be said about him that putting him in 2019 wouldn't?

I feel like making Metropolis/Superman into a futurist city of tomorrow can still accomplish retro designs but making it something people/fans haven't seen before. Creating a "woah, I've never seen Superman like that before."

If I were doing a Superman reboot film , I'd go for a story that was much more intimate and smaller scale in Superman terms. I wouldn't touch the origin, Krypton, Kryponite,Jor El, Other DC characters,World events, and alot of the massive subjects the last films have covered in this first film.

I'd have the film basically take place exclusively in Metropolis as opposed to having him flying all over the world solving problems in this film.

I would tell more of a fish out of water and right of passage story of a young man starting a new life in this larger then life city , with larger than life characters , and Metropolis embraces Superman.

I'd have Lois be Clark's rival who he bickers with akin to Tracy and Hepburn. At the end they find out a way to work together and to form a partnership , leaving room for their relationship to develop in future films.

Lex would be a supporting character, in addition to Maggie Sawyer. Morgan Edge and Intergang would be the criminal syndicate which is the ongoing threat to Metropolis. Parasite and Livewire would be their sadistic Meta Human enforcers.

If I were doing a Superman reboot film , I'd go for a story that was much more intimate and smaller scale in Superman terms. I wouldn't touch the origin, Krypton, Kryponite,Jor El, Other DC characters,World events, and alot of the massive subjects the last films have covered in this first film.

I'd have the film basically take place exclusively in Metropolis as opposed to having him flying all over the world solving problems in this film.

I would tell more of a fish out of water and right of passage story of a young man starting a new life in this larger then life city , with larger than life characters , and Metropolis embraces Superman.

I'd have Lois be Clark's rival who he bickers with akin to Tracy and Hepburn. At the end they find out a way to work together and to form a partnership , leaving room for their relationship to develop in future films.

Lex would be a supporting character, in addition to Maggie Sawyer. Morgan Edge and Intergang would be the criminal syndicate which is the ongoing threat to Metropolis. Parasite and Livewire would be their sadistic Meta Human enforcers.

It could be a way to go if Superman is tied to the Supergirl movies. They could save certain worldwide events for the teamup movies, where Superman and Supergirl fight together. Their own movies could tell more personal stories. It would be a way to really explore Metropolis too.

I don't know what I would do for a plot but I do know that I don't want another origin story.

I've been saying for a while that they need to look at it as the main players are Clark, Lois, Jimmy, Perry and how they react to life in metropolis - working for the daily planet, uncovering corruption and also how they report, respond and view this super man.
That's the human element and what makes it relatable.

Superman, a lot of it should be like, eye witness accounts, from their perspective - he's this urban legend, peter pan or santa claus almost - too good to be true. We never see him up close, it's like we are not formally introduced to him - but we see iphone footage, news reporters - think the opening of BvS, a better, clearer version of that, like, train rescues, burning buildings etc.

If you had never heard of superman, you would never had guessed clark was superman, until the final third where we see clark faced with an ultimatum and then we see it from his perspective.

I think that would be a cool way.

I'd tell An else world story.
Brainiac would be the villain, Keanu reeves would be playing him.
Cavill back as Clark/Superman.
Lex, Bryan Cranston.
John Goodman as perry.
Kirk Russell as Jonathan.
Geena Davis, martha.
Kate Beckinsale as Lois.

I would set it in the mid 1950's.

I've been saying for a while that they need to look at it as the main players are Clark, Lois, Jimmy, Perry and how they react to life in metropolis - working for the daily planet, uncovering corruption and also how they report, respond and view this super man.
That's the human element and what makes it relatable.

Superman, a lot of it should be like, eye witness accounts, from their perspective - he's this urban legend, peter pan or santa claus almost - too good to be true. We never see him up close, it's like we are not formally introduced to him - but we see iphone footage, news reporters - think the opening of BvS, a better, clearer version of that, like, train rescues, burning buildings etc.

If you had never heard of superman, you would never had guessed clark was superman, until the final third where we see clark faced with an ultimatum and then we see it from his perspective.

I think that would be a cool way.

The Daily Planet should be the centre to everything. The home base. It would be good to have the classic banter and dynamics of old Hollywood movies (even the Donner movies had some of that) and be the touchstone to everything going on in Metropolis and the world. It really needs more warmth and life to it than we've seen previously.

In terms of a retro/nostalgic type of Superman movie, while the idea sounds nice in theory, I think it might keep the idea that Superman is an old and antiquated figure rather than keeping him fresh and relevant, which is kind of the dilemma he is in at the moment. While it would certainly look nice, like a Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow movie, it might keep him feeling somewhat detached. That's why I would be more respecting his past and including nods to it in the design etc.

Nostalgia is like a chain holding Superman back. Instead of using the best pieces to build something new, there's a tendency to just try to recreate what was cool before but not bringing anything new.

Lex isn't the golden age scientist anymore. What beyond a retro feel does making him that way again accomplish? What new would be said about him that putting him in 2019 wouldn't?

I feel like making Metropolis/Superman into a futurist city of tomorrow can still accomplish retro designs but making it something people/fans haven't seen before. Creating a "woah, I've never seen Superman like that before."

I'm open to anything. Past. Present. Future. Same thing with Lex. Scientist. Businessman. President. If I have a preference, I lean toward an earthbound story rather than cosmic adventure. Metropolis and the Daily Planet offers more opportunities for human stories, warmth, and social interaction rather than a heavy sci-fi Kryptonian tale. More than the time period or the set designs, I want a Superman who enjoys being Superman.

i totally, totally want Cavill to stay on, look wise, i think he is perfect - sure, what he has been directed to do, he hasn't much room and i have seen from other movies he can do just fine, he's also holding himself well behind the scenes to be a good advocate.

I would love MOS2 (as i have bored many of you with before) to be set weeks after MOS and it's set in that intrim period before BvS and the big bad, plot evolves around metropolis and lex snr pulling string. A good old fashion political drama with rescues and a fun climax.
However, if they set it after JL, then it's just best to forget it happened and move forward - lois and clark in the office, etc etc and not really contradict what went on before in a time line kinda way, but it's ok to take liberties in characterisation and just move forward.

i totally, totally want Cavill to stay on, look wise, i think he is perfect - sure, what he has been directed to do, he hasn't much room and i have seen from other movies he can do just fine, he's also holding himself well behind the scenes to be a good advocate.

I would love MOS2 (as i have bored many of you with before) to be set weeks after MOS and it's set in that intrim period before BvS and the big bad, plot evolves around metropolis and lex snr pulling string. A good old fashion political drama with rescues and a fun climax.
However, if they set it after JL, then it's just best to forget it happened and move forward - lois and clark in the office, etc etc and not really contradict what went on before in a time line kinda way, but it's ok to take liberties in characterisation and just move forward.
A problem with setting it after MOS and before BvS is that it still carries that air of inevitability with his imminent death in BvS. It feels best to move forward from that. They can still have a similar type of plot involving Lex and Metropolis but just move away from all that, to post-JL.

WB have to take liberties already, what with actors staying while others leave. It's a balancing act of working from what came before and yet breaking away from it.

Appreicate that, but that's not going to stop Blackwidow or RDJ rumoured to be back!! also, it can be even more impactful when you watch bvs after (maybe, who knows), seeing this great character doing good, you'll forget bvs and just focus on the story and be invested.... end on a positive - you could even time jump to present day as like an epilogue - coming from lois like she is giving her story and a post credit scene could then lead to the next movie, which is present day.

I just think the past has been a bit of a mess that it's better to move on.

I think JL effectively serves as a 'soft-reboot" of Superman franchise, continue from there.

GalleryComics_20191016__0013_SMYO_3_Romita_5da121499ac792.56070902.jpg

Clark Kent / Superman: Nicholas Hoult, 30

daily planet.
Lois Lane: Margaret Qualley, 25
Jimmy Olsen: Justice Smith, 24
Perry White: Alec Baldwin, 61
Cat Grant: Nasim Pedrad, 38
Steve Lombard: Isaiah Mustafa, 46
Ron Troupe: Toby Huss, 53

lexcorp.
Lex Luthor: Oscar Isaac, 40
Mercy Graves: Jodie Turner-Smith, 33

intergang.
Bruno ‘Ugly’ Mannheim: Ray Liotta, 65
John Corben/Metallo: Charlie Hunnam, 39
Morgan Edge: Wes Bentley, 41
Whisper A’Daire: Natalia Tena, 35
Badger: Tom Hopper, 35
Aku Kwesi: Chris Chalk, 33

major crimes unit.
Capt. Maggie Sawyer: Carrie Coon, 39
Det. Dan Turpin: Nick Offerman, 49

star labs.
Dr. Emil Hamilton: Dylan Baker, 60
Dr. John Henry Irons: Aldis Hodge, 32
Rudy Jones: Paul Walter Hauser, 33

the kents.
Jonathan Kent: Hugh Jackman, 51
Martha Kent: Laura Dern, 53

house of el.
Jor-El: Kyle Chandler, 54
Lara-El: Jennifer Connelly, 49

additional characters.
Kobe Asuru: Edi Gathegi, 40
Bibbo Bibbowski: Ethan Suplee, 43

.....……….....………

SEQUELS.

Supergirl: Elle Fanning, 21

villains.
Brainiac: Rami Malek, 38

the elite.
Manchester Black: Taron Egerton, 30
Coldcast: Stephan James, 26
Menagerie: Natalia Reyes, 33
Hat: Caleb Landry Jones, 30

smallville.
Pete Ross: Jesse Plemons, 31
Lana Lang: Haley Bennett, 32

house of zor-el.
Zor-El: Matt Damon, 49
Alura: Kate Winslet, 44

argus.
Gen. Sam Lane: Bruce Greenwood, 63
King Faraday: Jon Hamm, 48
Vera Black: Emilia Clarke, 33

legion of superheroes.
Brainiac 5: Lucas Hedges, 23
Saturn Girl: Odeya Rush, 22
Star Boy: Ashton Sanders, 24
Cosmic Boy: Harry Styles, 26

fatal five.
Emerald Empress: Rebecca Ferguson, 36
Tharok: Lakeith Stanfield, 28
Persuader: Jonathan Tucker, 37
Mano: (V.O.) Gabriel Luna, 37
Validus: (V.O.) Clancy Brown, 61

SUPERMAN
based on “Secret Origins” + “Birthright”
directed by James Mangold
  • Film opens with a monologue delivered by Jonathan Kent: "The world's super man. My son, Clark."
  • Clark is a traveling freelance reporter, using his powers incognito (or as best he can). At the opening, we find Clark in West Africa covering a peaceful revolution headed by Kobe Asuru. When Asuru is assassinated, Clark journeys to Metropolis to investigate the connection to Intergang, and LexCorp.
  • John Corben is top Intergang lieutenant beneath Bruno Manhneim & Morgan Edge. The organization, quickly absorbing other Metropolis crime factions, is secretly funded by Lex Luthor who is aspiring to tighten his grip on the city. After an initial encounter w/ Superman, Corben is augmented into Metallo, the film's main antagonist. Rudy Jones, a lowly janitor at STAR Labs, transforms into the monstrous Parasite to become the secondary antagonist. Two protagonists who are slowly losing their humanity...
  • Both Lois & Jimmy learn Superman’s secret identity as they help him into Jimmy’s mom’s van, aiding his escape from Metallo in an explosive encounter (in a twist, Lois saves Superman in their first direct meeting on fillm).
  • Clark's backstory is told via flashback & conversation w/ his parents, Jonathan and Martha Kent. Clark has limited knowledge of Krypton--only the rocket hidden in the family's farm, and a recorded message from Jor-El & Lara.
  • At the end of the film, Mannheim takes the fall publicly, thanks to Luthor's manipulations--and Morgan Edge becomes leader of Intergang.
  • Superman is able to contain Parasite & defeat Metallo, stepping into his role as Metropolis' protector. He's an inspiration, and the film ends with Superman onward to save the day again.
  • POST CREDIT SCENE: Clark Kent enters his apartment, quickly realizing it's been broken into. Batman (Robert Pattinson) emerges from the shadows (we tease their first introduction to each other in this new DCEU.)

SUPERMAN: FOR TOMORROW

based on “Brainiac”
  • In this sequel, further explore Krypton & it's destruction by way of Supergirl crash landing on Earth!
  • Brainiac detects the presence of Kal-El and Kara and targets Metropolis. He is a techno-alien, (an amalgamation of Geoff Johns' interpretation w/ STAS) who bottles cities and then destroys the planet. His next target is Metropolis.
  • Lex Luthor uses this opportunity to publicly aid Superman & Supergirl to defeat the invading armies of Brainiac & his Skull Ship.
  • Steel is introduced (a STAR labs research assistant ho uses a suit of his own—complete with an ‘S’ emblem to honor Superman for saving him in the previous film— to defend the city from Brainiac as Superman journeys to outer space to fight the villain head-on)
  • In the film's climax, Jonathan Kent dies a hero after protecting his home from Brainiac drones before suffering a heart attack.
  • POST CREDIT SCENE: Superman arrives at the Bat Cave. Batman is replaying news footage of the Brainiac attack on Metropolis. Superman remarks that they need to be ready; that they need a league. Batman, seeing Steel & Supergirl in the clips, comments that it looks like he's already started. Batman smiles, "So have I." The cave's air hangar opens, seemingly to the open night sky. An invisible jet hatch opens up. Enter WONDER WOMAN.

LUTHOR
spin-off feature similar to American Gangster or Goodfellas
directed by J.C. Chandor
  • The film's plot is centered on the aftermath of Brainiac invasion. Similar to 'No Man's Land' (but replace Gotham w/ Metropolis), Luthor is looking to rebuild the city, and thereby control it. Behind the scenes, he is toying with running for political office. ("'Mayor?' Think bigger.")
  • Returning characters from Superman and DCEU films appear--this film is standalone in nature, but still uses preexisting characters. Standouts include Daily Planet staff & Metropolis PD— Det. Turpin is murdered as he investigates LexCorp.
  • Robert Pattinson cameos as Bruce Wayne
  • Morgan Edge returns w/ a large role as the head of Intergang. He and Luthor are allies after the end of Superman, but Luthor eventually turns on him as well.
  • Film culminates in classic philosophical debate with Superman hovering outside the office window (as seen in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel and/or STAS)

JUSTICE LEAGUE: CRISIS
based on “Crisis on Infinite Earths”
directed by JJ Abrams
  • Lex Luthor has assembled a legion of Doom (featuring villains from previous DCEU films) against the new Justice League to serve as an intro to the team: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry Allen), Aquaman, Steel, & Supergirl. Bombastic opening action sequence reintroduces audiences to Justice League.
  • Alexander Luthor, of a parallel Earth, arrives to warn of impending cosmic calamity, and unite the remaining worlds against this looming threat. (In this film universe, J.J. Abrams will have directed a Green Lantern Corps. film immediately preceding this film centered on the Sinestro Corp War & the villain's banishment to Qward which will inevitably spur the awakening of the ancient Anti-Monitor).
  • The League & Legion of Doom work to stop the Anti-Monitor & his new ally in Sinestro. The Green Lantern Corp, with a veteran Hal Jordan & rookie John Stewart (both introduced to audiences in a previous GL film) arrive on Earth to fight for the multiverse.
  • Future DCEU 'Elseworlds' projects can be backdoor piloted, (i.e. return to Burtonverse via direct sequel or 'Batman Beyond' adaptation, Justice Society of America, Earth-2, etc.)
  • In homage to original comic story, Supergirl ‘dies.' in a battle mid-film.
  • True to form, Luthor & the Legion betray the League mid-fight as Luthor attempts to craft the multiverse in his vision.
  • In the climatic battle at the creation of time, Hal Jordan heroically sacrifices himself and restores the fractured multiverse. John Stewart becomes sole Green Lantern (for the time being!)
  • POST CREDIT SCENE: Supergirl is not dead, but opens her eyes and finds herself in the 31st century! As she looks outside the window, amidst the flying cars & future tech, a statue stands erected in memory of her...

SUPERGIRL
spin-off adventure with the Legion of Super-Heroes in the 31st century
directed by Reed Morano
  • Kara is trying to get back home to her own time, and along the way develops a bond with the Legion, especially Brainiac 5
  • Fatal Five are the main antagonists, with Emerald Empress & Tharok leading the team.
  • At the film's climax, Kara does find her way home, and has a moment to talk with her cousin, Superman. She ultimately decides to stay in the 31st century, as it feels more like home (Krypton) than Earth ever did.
  • POST CREDIT SCENE: Funny scene involving Booster Gold & Skeets time hopping into the 31st century. They realize they're in the wrong spot and quickly time hop away (set up Booster Gold solo film).

SUPERMAN: KINGDOM COME
based on “What’s So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?” (with select elements from Kingdom Come)
  • In the wake of Crisis, the League has expanded to Justice League Unlimited numbers (opportunity here to feature obscure cameos & power-sets like Red Tornado or Shining Knight--again, think some of those action-heavy JLU episodes), with the league operating out of an orbiting satellite Watchtower.
  • Manchester Black is the main villain (effectively the Magog in this adaptation, leading The Elite that represent the ‘heroes of tomorrow’). He challenges the League's authoritarian law & order--they lord over the world as its constant watchers, yet are soft on the criminals they've sworn to protect Earth against.
  • Lex Luthor is in prison after Crisis and his connection to Intergang and the Legion of Doom.
  • Manchester & the Elite begin to kill super villains across the DCEU, acting as judge & jury, gaining swaying public's support & other young heroes. When he targets Luthor during a prisoner transport (in response to growing threats), Superman protects his sworn enemy, and the public turn their backs on the Man of Steel.
  • Wonder Woman, and additional JL characters appear throughout -- Superman stands in the middle, trying to stop the warring factions of heroes.
  • The film culminates in Superman returning, to remind the world about Truth, Justice, and the American Way.
  • As he addresses the world, he places his glasses on this face, and introduces himself to the world as Clark Kent (usher in new era of Superman telling with new trilogy).

Last edited:
Cavill as Clark. He works for the Daily Star, rival to the DP.
Lois is over at the DP - they are seeing each other, the events of BvS, JL has changed the world, also Lois and Clark, they are way more relaxed and taking each day as it comes - like a young couple in love, dates, juggling work - it's almost like Lois is defensive to not care if she lost him again, even though it would destroy her.

Clark has a buddy, jimmy, photographer.

Smallville know Clark is SM, they had a few ideas before, his closest friends knew, now a lot more know.. like America's best kept secret - when he walks in a bar, store, it's like a nervous look he gets from staff, people - like how if brad Pitt walked in - but again, not everyone knows.

Just those who were at the funeral.

Clark does so much for the town, he's popular and well liked - he's always found over on the farm - he still lives there, but 'commutes' to the city and Lois.

Lex isn't even mentioned - Luthor Snr however, is. He's come back to clear up his son's mess, it's ironic as his disappearance caused his son to make this mess. Actor to play Luthor Snr - Mel Gibson ideally or Travolta. An actor that has baggage already - so when they try and be nice for the citizens of metropolis, you have mixed feelings cos you know it's fake, but also, the actor is divided too. He's not even the main villain, a side character, but I want it retcon. He fixes lexcorp as a stepping stone for politics and presidential aspirations.

We see Clark rescue burning houses, train wrecks, even riots. The main story is Lois and clark working on leads to uncover corruption in lex corp - the whole lex jnr and kryptonite, doomsday opened a can of worms.

I want a military event to occur, that Clark watches and has to intervene, with the country going public asking superman, if he is watching, too not.

Obviously he does, but at what cost?

Birthright is the perfect Superman story to adapt. Mix in a little Superman For All Seasons and some Allstar and you’d have a hit.

Cavill as Clark. He works for the Daily Star, rival to the DP.
Lois is over at the DP - they are seeing each other, the events of BvS, JL has changed the world, also Lois and Clark, they are way more relaxed and taking each day as it comes - like a young couple in love, dates, juggling work - it's almost like Lois is defensive to not care if she lost him again, even though it would destroy her.

Clark has a buddy, jimmy, photographer.

Smallville know Clark is SM, they had a few ideas before, his closest friends knew, now a lot more know.. like America's best kept secret - when he walks in a bar, store, it's like a nervous look he gets from staff, people - like how if brad Pitt walked in - but again, not everyone knows.

Just those who were at the funeral.

Clark does so much for the town, he's popular and well liked - he's always found over on the farm - he still lives there, but 'commutes' to the city and Lois.

Lex isn't even mentioned - Luthor Snr however, is. He's come back to clear up his son's mess, it's ironic as his disappearance caused his son to make this mess. Actor to play Luthor Snr - Mel Gibson ideally or Travolta. An actor that has baggage already - so when they try and be nice for the citizens of metropolis, you have mixed feelings cos you know it's fake, but also, the actor is divided too. He's not even the main villain, a side character, but I want it retcon. He fixes lexcorp as a stepping stone for politics and presidential aspirations.

We see Clark rescue burning houses, train wrecks, even riots. The main story is Lois and clark working on leads to uncover corruption in lex corp - the whole lex jnr and kryptonite, doomsday opened a can of worms.

I want a military event to occur, that Clark watches and has to intervene, with the country going public asking superman, if he is watching, too not.

Obviously he does, but at what cost?

This is perfect

So I don't want to give too much away but simply my pitch for a new Superman movie would be to have it separate from the current film universe.

The basic idea is an Old Clark Kent tells his life story to strangers throughout his travel back to Smallville for a funeral.

KJ Apa to play a young Clark/Supes
Jeff Bridges/Kurt Russel/Harrison Ford (leaning more to Jeff Bridges) to play Old Clark.

manssmall.jpg

Man of Steel 2 (MOS2) idea for a direct sequel to 2013 Man of Steel...my approach to it goes like this:

This sequel will strictly be called Man Of Tomorrow

Characters in said sequel- Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman (Henry Cavill back), Lois Lane (recast with Michelle Monaghan), Martha Kent (Diane Lane), Sam Lane (Ed Harris), Perry White (recast with Keith David), Brainiac (Rami Malek), Lex Luthor (recast with Ben Foster)

Plot- Superman has returned from the dead and this is years after the first MOS...years after all the DCEU films in the shared universe continuity...Clark must face fears from his loved ones that being Martha and Lois mostly in the sense that he hasn't come back "right" amidst the back drop of an invasion from Brainiac.

Act 1

Clark goes back to work at the Daily Planet, after he is given an alibi concocted by Bruce Wayne to explain his "death". Clark struggles to get back into the swing of things and keeps having nightmares about his resurrection scaring Martha and Lois.

Meanwhile, Brainiac approaches Earth to collect Metropolis after negotiating with Lex Luthor who convinces Brainiac to let him live on another planet, the Earth is on a collision course with a bigger power and Brainiac must preserve part of it for his collection.

Lois meanwhile has been tracking Lex since he escaped his prison cell and is closing in on him.

Act 2

Clark is dealing with a plane crashing into Coast City when Brainiac descends and puts Metropolis in a dome. Upon rushing back he finds he cannot get back into the city and is hit by a ray of Kryptonite, forcing him to fall and hurt himself, ripping his suit to shreds in the process. Clark later wakes up in a military hospital with Sam Lane standing over him, begging him to get back to Metropolis and save Lois, but Clark has seemingly lost the ability to fly and isn't fully powered.

Meanwhile Lois is on the hunt for Lex Luthor and finds him, with Lex out of his mind with anger and fear because Brainiac has betrayed him by trapping him in the dome. To his dismay, the only escape for Lex is for him to concoct a way to send a message to Superman about how to stop Brainiac, as the domed city begins to lift into space.

Act 3

Clark visits his Fortress of Solitude, and the hologram of Jor-El (Russell Crowe) somehow appears in front of him along with Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner), telling him that the powers he had were only part of what made him Superman. Revealing a new suit which would be the black suit we should have gotten in Justice League 2017, his biological father and his adoptive father both encourage him to get back in the fight.

With Sam Lane's help, Clark launches himself into space using his super speed and a huge feat of strength and he ends up on Brainiac's ship. Clark explores the ship and comes across a bunch of bottled cities, and vows to save them all somehow.

Confronting Brainiac, Clark hears an incredibly strange pitch of sound and hears Lois on the other end of it. Lex has rigged a crazy device that allows some soundwaves to escape the dome. She informs him of how to separate Brainiac from his ship and Clark gets to work. A battle ensues with Clark coming out on top, but barely.

In his final moments, Brainiac furiously tells Clark that he was trying to save a piece of Earth from the coming destruction of Darkseid, and now he's doomed everyone.

Clark, with the help of Cyborg (Ray Fisher) and Batman (Robert Pattinson) both in quick cameo appearances, cannibalises both his Fortress ship and Brainiac's ship to create a new base in the Arctic, to help keep all of Brainiac's collections safe until he can work out how to send them all home.

Clark gets his powers back after more exposure to the sun, and he and Lois set about making plans for their wedding. Clark's nightmares have changed however, and now appear as memories transferred to him from the Mother Box that helped revive him, with Bruce pondering if these memories will help serve them in an upcoming battle for the fate of the planet.

Mid credits scene: Just off the Arctic near Superman's Fortress, there is an American expedition of explorers as they are exploring amongst the Arctic. One of them points out that they have found something in the ice. They end up digging and they see contents of something huge. It is a spaceship. Specifically a Kryptonian ship. They end up getting a crane to dig this ship out. Builds towards Supergirl in the DCEU.

Post Credits Scene: On the planet Oa, home of the Green Lantern Corps. A Lantern (Salaak) monitors a screen that suddenly sounds an alert.

"Lanterns on alert, find leaders Jordan and Stewart, Apokolips has been detected and is headed for Earth."

I would also tie up Lex's story arc by having him arrested after Metropolis is returned to Earth (he was still a fugitive for escaping prison), but later on he is pardoned after help from Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) allows him to convince the authorities that he helped Superman save the day. After realising that the media doesn't believe his story, he concocts a plan to show them how powerful he is by starting work on his battle suit project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"