POLL - Best Film of the 21st Century - Year 4 - 2003

Evil Twin

Sidekick
Reaction score
Winners to date:
2000: Gladiator
2001: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
2002: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (by 1 over Spider-Man)

Last edited:
Hopefully I have everything people will strongly consider on the poll. I appreciate feedback on the poll discussion thread, I'll start putting together the 2004 poll options soon.

Here's a list of other "notable" films from 2003, basically popular, critically acclaimed, or have a cult following. Just in case you want to use the OTHER option.

Other notable movies:

Cold Mountain
Terminator 3: The Rise of the Machines
The Matrix Revolutions
The Dreamers
21 Grams
Bruce Almighty
Matchstick Men
The Life of David Gale
Something's Gotta Give
Good Bye Lenin!
Elephant
Girl With a Pearl Earring
Swimming Pool
The Twilight Samurai
Open Water
Thirteen
Runaway Jury
The Italian Job
Underworld

Also, colons should be banned from movie titles.

I'm voting for City of God which I consider the best film of the decade. I highly encourage a rental if you haven't seen it yet.

In a year with a lot of comic book films, I consider American Splendor the best one. Both in terms of adaptation, they do capture Harvey Pekar's voice and p.o.v., and in movie terms.

Last edited:
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Unless I can think of a better one thats not on the list..

Return of the King, of course.

Me too! High five.

Wow...the LOTR movies were good but they were not the best movies of that year:huh: Return of the King was the best but the first two, especially the second, was pretty damn boring.

City Of God.

as much as i absolutly love return of the king, i've gotta go with pirates of the carribean. Its the film that gave the world one of my favorite characters and the film that i identify 03 with the most.

big fish was also amazing, probably burtons best film. I belive its the only time he was able to balance his own quirkiness with a non gothic style, well this and mars attacks.

voted American Splendor, but LOTR is good too...

Nemo had more to teach an audience than did any of the Lord of the Rings movies.

I avoided LotR in the past two polls, but this year I just cannot pass up The Return of the King. Excellent movie for sure. :up:

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King of course.

Honestly how could you not feel the emotion of finishing the trilogy off? It packs a punch that gets me every time.

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King of course.

Honestly how could you not feel the emotion of finishing the trilogy off? It packs a punch that gets me every time.

Me too! High five.

Wow...the LOTR movies were good but they were not the best movies of that year:huh: Return of the King was the best but the first two, especially the second, was pretty damn boring.

:dry:

Return of the King
and
Finding Nemo

The second movie was pretty damn boring and in no way are the first two films the best movies of those years. The third film was great but it still wasn't the best movie of that year.

The second film was full of Merry and Pippin and they were pretty lame. That film also just felt like it was dragging and dragging on while I felt the first and last films were paced good and of course the last film had the best character moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"