Power Rangers 4.0 - Part 2

What is the theme this season? :funny:
This is probably a rhetorical question but I’mma get my nerd on and answer it straight :oldrazz:. The theme is Momotarō, which is a Japanese folk tale about a boy born from a giant peach. That’s red. He goes on an adventure to fight Oni who are the villains supposedly and also the theme for the Yellow ranger. I’m guessing she starts as evil and then later becomes good and joins the team. On his journey, he’s joined by a dog, a pheasant, and a monkey which is the rest of the team. I’m curious what the situation will be with the 6th ranger because as far as I know those are all the characters in the story. Maybe another Oni. Or maybe someone from a different legend altogether :shrug:.

I do really like how inspired the motif this year is. Recently we’ve mostly had ninjas, dinosaurs, cars. Some fans are also speculating that there might be some influence from the Guardians of the Galaxy at least in terms of the silhouette. You’ve got little creature Rocket in black, tall & gangly Groot as the pink ranger, bulky Drax as blue, Gamora as yellow (because she’s Oni and has ties to the villain) and then Star-Lord as the red ranger by default.

So apparently David Yost aka Billy Cranston from the Original series wants to do a reunion mini 8 part series with the original cast of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers called Power Rangers: Quantum Continuam for the 30th Anniversary.

He's sharing tidbits on his social media pages

So apparently David Yost aka Billy Cranston from the Original series wants to do a reunion mini 8 part series with the original cast of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers called Power Rangers: Quantum Continuam for the 30th Anniversary.

If only. It'd be a very fitting way to end the current continuity and start anew.

Buuuut who would play Trini?

Well they got some time to lose some weight and get in shape.

Buuuut who would play Trini?
Um no one. Why would you think they would even recast her? She isnt needed for this. If they do this, it'll likely be the 5 from the first season (Billy, Zach, Jason, Kimberly, Tommy) and if they need a yellow, Aisha and/or Tanya will be used

Last edited:
I'm sure the cast would be open to it. Tommy always pops up every now and then, Walter Jones had a voice cameo in Forever Red, Jason came back for Beast Morphers, and while Amy Jo Johnson is directing, she'd probably be on board as well.

With a few exceptions or unless it's a messy situation, like with Danny Slavin and Amy Miller, past actors are probably on board with returning. The challenge usually tends to be getting them from A to B, like if the studio doesn't want to open their wallet to fly the actors to New Zealand.

My sons are now into the original PR series on Netflix - I forgot just how poorly this dated - however, it's enjoyable and good fun, the concept is amazing, as always.

It's funny cos if I was asked to write a reboot, it wouldn't be anything like the show, yet, In my head it would be.. time changes things, perceptions etc.

It's a kids show, the film would need to be for kids.. Pixar etc style would be fantastic...in my mind.

Well they got some time to lose some weight and get in shape.

Um no one. Why would you think they would even recast her? She isnt needed for this. If they do this, it'll likely be the 5 from the first season (Billy, Zach, Jason, Kimberly, Tommy) and if they need a yellow, Aisha and/or Tanya will be used

Precisely.

Bring in Aisha and call it a day.

Tokujay posted concepts for Zeo and is doing Space now:

FKm5dPvVIAQAJBW

FLrYzYuUcAMVVA-

I'm sure the cast would be open to it. Tommy always pops up every now and then, Walter Jones had a voice cameo in Forever Red, Jason came back for Beast Morphers, and while Amy Jo Johnson is directing, she'd probably be on board as well.

With a few exceptions or unless it's a messy situation, like with Danny Slavin and Amy Miller, past actors are probably on board with returning. The challenge usually tends to be getting them from A to B, like if the studio doesn't want to open their wallet to fly the actors to New Zealand.

I guess my question is could they get everyone on the same page (ie Jason David Frank) and make them team players from a business standpoint?

my thoughts about the new Super Sentai series, Donbrothers after finally watched it.

Donbrothers doesnt quite feel like a Super Sentai trope which I know and familiar with before.
And I think it is a good thing since I think Super Sentai has getting stale in recent years (with two of the series' lowest rating came recently with Ninninger & PatLupin).

So Donbrothers felt very refreshing in a sense that I can feel this is the new beginning for a serious and unique Super Sentai that creates a new gateway for future Super Sentai.

Just like Kamen Rider Kuuga in 2000 revitalized Kamen Rider series for a new era...I believe Donbrothers will do the same for Super Sentai series.

And since Power Rangers wants to break from Super Sentai...I think it is a good thing for Toei to be more free to change things in Sentai to fully revitalize it.

Same with Kamen Rider series...
Though I am a not fan of the recent series, Revice was also introducing some new elements for Kamen Rider series as a whole. (Since this is the Reiwa era series... it have its own identity which will differentiate it from Heisei era series).

Donbrothers is also the first Sentai series in a long time that I cannot wait to watch each week.

Most of it because Inoue Toshiki-shi (the main scriptwriter) and Shirakura Junnichiro-shi (the producer). Both are very "Break The Tradition" type of guy. (Both of their work can be seen back in 1991 with Chojin Sentai Jetman and also 2001 and 2003 with Kamen Rider Agito and Kamen Rider 555, all of which gave a groundbreaking and unique take on Super Sentai and Kamen Rider series at the time).

So, as a fan...I am really exciting as Donbrothers is giving me the excitement I havent felt in a long time regarding Super Sentai.

It is extremely frustrating that Hasbro has stopped the legal bringing over of Super Sentai. They were about to get into stuff that I would have loved to see the Sentai version of.

It is extremely frustrating that Hasbro has stopped the legal bringing over of Super Sentai. They were about to get into stuff that I would have loved to see the Sentai version of.

Yeah, I heard that. it is unfortunate.

But at least you can watch Ultraman and Kamen Rider legally in US, right?
I know for a fact that most of Ultraman series has got a lot of Bluray released in US. And Kamen Rider has just starting with Zero One Bluray release (not quite the series I'd choose to introduce as starting point to new fans there who unfamiliar with the series, though..haha).

Yeah, I heard that. it is unfortunate.

But at least you can watch Ultraman and Kamen Rider legally in US, right?
I know for a fact that most of Ultraman series has got a lot of Bluray released in US. And Kamen Rider has just starting with Zero One Bluray release (not quite the series I'd choose to introduce as starting point to new fans there who unfamiliar with the series, though..haha).

The big thing is that Shout Factory has them streaming on their Twitch and on demand service. Worked a deal with Mill Creek, I believe, for the Ultraman stuff. While Zero One is the first to get a physical release, they have been streaming Kamen Rider and Kuuga for a while, then added Ryuki, and finally Zero One.

The big thing is that Shout Factory has them streaming on their Twitch and on demand service. Worked a deal with Mill Creek, I believe, for the Ultraman stuff. While Zero One is the first to get a physical release, they have been streaming Kamen Rider and Kuuga for a while, then added Ryuki, and finally Zero One.

One thing that I love about US Released Bluray is the price. A very friendly price compared to our local released price.

One complete series for US released BD for Tokusatsu show is just ¥5000-¥6000 (thats about 40-50 US dollar, I believe). Compare it to our local released for one complete series that range between ¥40.000-¥60.000 (thats for about average 300-500 US dollar). Haha.

Oh and I think they should have release physical for Kuuga or Ryuki first in the US instead of Zero One.
For new fans...I think there aren't any series I'd recommend more than Kuuga (and for Showa classic, Kamen Rider Black).

Last edited:
One thing that I love about US Released Bluray is the price. A very friendly price compared to our local released price.

One complete series for US released BD for Tokusatsu show is just ¥5000-¥6000 (thats about 40-50 US dollar, I believe). Compare it to our local released for one complete series that range between ¥40.000-¥60.000 (thats for about average 300-500 US dollar). Haha.

Oh and I think they should have release physical for Kuuga or Ryuki first in the US instead of Zero One.
For new fans...I think there aren't any series I'd recommend more than Kuuga (and for Showa classic, Kamen Rider Black).

I can see why they started with Zero One. It was probably the newest one they could acquire, and it being HD already, best one to test out blu ray releases.

Austin St John(Jason the original Red MMPR) has been arrested on PPP fraud charges.

18 Arrested, Charged in East Texas Paycheck Protection Program-Related Fraud

18 Arrested, Charged in East Texas Paycheck Protection Program-Related Fraud
PLANO, Texas – Nineteen individuals have been named in a federal indictment charging them with violations in the Eastern District of Texas, announced U.S. Attorney Brit Featherston today.
The indictment, returned by a federal grand jury on May 12, 2022, charges the defendants with conspiracy to commit wire fraud. The following 18 defendants have either been arrested or summoned for appearance before a federal magistrate judge:

Michael Lewayne Hill, a/k/a Tank, 47, of Mineral Wells;
Andrew Charles Moran, 43, of Lewisville;
Peter Keovongphet, a/k/a Lil’ Pete, 34, of Ft. Lauderdale, FL;
Ty Alan Burkhart, 34, of Frisco;
Jason Lawrence Geiger, a/k/a Austin St. John a/k/a the Red Power Ranger, 47, of McKinney;
Eric Reed Marascio, a/k/a Phoenix Marcon, 50, of Allen;
Christopher Lee McElfresh, 43, of Frisco;
Cord Dean Newman, 44, of Homosassa, FL;
Elmer Omar Ayala, 45, of Midlothian;
Gregory Fitzgerald Hatley, Jr., 38, of Allen;
Alexander Eric Cortesano, 52, of Dallas;
Arthur Atik Pongtaratik, 33, of Carrollton;
Miles Justin Urias, 34, of Richardson;
Fabian C. Hernandez, 44, of Lake Alfred, FL;
Daniel Lee Warren, 33, address unknown;
Rajaa Bensellam, 49, of Allen;
Hadi Mohammed Taffal, 50, of Allen; and
Jonathon James Spencer, a/k/a Spence, 33, of Rowlett.

According to the indictment, the defendants, led by Michael Hill and Andrew Moran, are alleged to have executed a scheme to defraud lenders and the Small Business Administration’s (SBA's) Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Hill is alleged to have recruited co-conspirators to use an existing business or create a business to submit applications to obtain PPP funding. Once enlisted, Moran is alleged to have assisted his co-conspirators with the application paperwork, including fabricating supporting documentation and submitting the application through the online portals. On the applications, the defendants are alleged to have misrepresented material information such as the true nature of their business, the number of employees, and the amount of payroll. Based on these material misrepresentations, the SBA and other financial institutions approved and issued loans to the defendants. Once in receipt of the fraudulently obtained funds, the defendants did not use the money as intended, such as to pay employee salaries, cover fixed debt or utility payments, or continue health care benefits for employees. Instead, the defendants typically paid Hill and Moran, transferred money to their personal accounts, and spent the funds on various personal purchases. In other instances, the defendants sent the fraudulently obtained funds to Jonathon Spencer for purported investment in foreign exchange markets. In total, the defendants are alleged to have fraudulently obtained at least 16 loans and at least $3.5 million.
If convicted, the defendants each face up to 20 years in federal prison.
The CARES Act is a federal law enacted on March 29, 2020, designed to provide emergency financial assistance to the millions of Americans who are suffering the economic effects caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. One source of relief provided by the CARES Act was the authorization of up to $349 billion in forgivable loans to small businesses for job retention and certain other expenses, through the PPP. In April 2020, Congress authorized over $300 billion in additional PPP funding.
The PPP allows qualifying small-businesses and other organizations to receive loans with a maturity of two years and an interest rate of 1 percent. PPP loan proceeds must be used by businesses on payroll costs, interest on mortgages, rent, and utilities. The PPP allows the interest and principal to be forgiven if businesses spend the proceeds on these expenses within eight weeks of receipt and use at least 75 percent of the forgiven amount for payroll.
This case is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Internal Revenue Service – Criminal Investigations. This case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys in the Eastern District of Texas.
A grand jury indictment is not evidence of guilt. All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

He allegedly either set up a fake company or used his own (St. John Enterprises) to apply for PPP and CARES Act aid. He allegedly lied about the particulars of his business, including headcount and payroll, to fraudulently obtain loans from the SBA and financial institutions.

Jason David Frank is somewhere reading this and going:

tumblr_oqb6jtJs5t1vxxjf1o1_400.gifv

Just watched Austin St John on Catherine Sutherland and Nakia Burrise's Youtube show. Seemed like he had a good thing going, but he was a scammer. Bummer.

I'm quite willing to think he was led astray by that Phoenix Macron guy. Got a little background on him when he popped up in relation to Vic Mignogna's NFT scam. Won't be the first ranger going to jail, nor the first ranger with garbage morals.

Just saw that breaking news about Austin. He appeared to be wholesome until this.

I will bet you JDF is going to say something about this.
If anything I think Rocky will replace him in the 30th Anniversary reunion instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"