World Probably a stupid question but I guess I missed the boat on this ?

TrilogyMan2306

Sidekick
Reaction score
Didn't Peter and Mj have kids ? why are they never shown in the amazing spider-man ... forgive me for such stupid question but I've been a spider-man fan for years and now i'm getting back into the comics i'm a little rusty

TrilogyMan2306 said:
Didn't Peter and Mj have kids ? why are they never shown in the amazing spider-man ... forgive me for such stupid question but I've been a spider-man fan for years and now i'm getting back into the comics i'm a little rusty

MJ either lost the baby or it was last seen with Kaine......depends on how Marvel want to reintegrate the story (assuming they want to go down that road again at all, which I sadly believe is unlikely)....

....you may be getting confused with the soon to be cancelled Spider-Girl which is a "What if" universe type story which is not a part of 616 continuity....in this universe Pete and MJ have a daughter May who takes on the Spidey persona

...hope that helped...if it didn't....track down a guy here named Citizen Kaine......

Wooooooooooooo! Thanks for the shout out Tales :up:

Anyway during a time period of Spider Man known as the Clone Saga, angry unrelatable Peter Parker was about to be switched with the ever so optomistic likeable Ben Reilly. Marvel wisely decided it would be better to have only one Spider Man running around and thus a reason for one Peter to leave was created.

A kid

In Spectacular Spider 220, MJ announced to Peter that she was pregnant. The general idea being that raising a kid would be Peter's new responsibility and he would give the reins to Ben, who would carry on the Spider legacy. Unfortunatly fan backlash towards the whole situation caused Marvel to shift directions and abandon the initial plan, so during the Revelations storyline, ASM 418 in particular, MJ went into forced labour and "lost" the baby, however various moments regarding Norman Osborn, a hospital linen basket, Alison Mongrain and so other shifty things made it seem that the baby had been kidnapped. Originally the idea was to have the baby returned to the Parkers just before the reboot, and Tom Defalco set things up that way in ASM 435 when Kaine ambushes a group of Scriers and retireves what everyone had assumed was Baby May. Unfortunatly new creative teams took over and Kaine, Baby May, and the Scriers we're sent into creative limbo.

However Tom Defalco liked the idea of Peter so much that he decided to create a new book revolving around Peter's daughter in an alternate universe. Essentially everything there happened as it should have in the 616 Universe, with Kaine returning the baby to the Parkers and young Mayday Parker growing up and carrying on her fathers legacy as Spider- Girl. including using her uncle Reilly's costume. As well in this world the Parkers had a son named Ben midway into the series run.

You did miss the boat. But by missing it you really didn't miss out on any fun. Don't get me wrong though. There was fun but it seemed that the bad stuff outweighed the good stuff.

If you dug the clone saga now is a good time to jump on Spidey. :o

That seems a bit harsh. The Other makes Omega look like... well. It still looks like ****. But it looks like **** carved into the shape of a Christmas dinner.

Omega was ****, I mean it was really really bad. But unlike current Spidey it at least had continuity and supporting cast chunks amongst the ****

I know that there are a lot of people who would agree with me when I say I want that particular storyline concluded. I also want to see how Spidey and MJ would handle having another child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"