• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

World Production has begun on the new Spider-man animated series!

Gamma Burst

Superhero
Reaction score
According to this Link:
http://forums.toonzone.net/showpost.php?p=2410718&postcount=130

I would like to make a correction to the news reported by the site that cannot be named.

Greg Weisman will not be story editor for the upcoming new Spider-Man animated series, but will be the Supervising Producer (the boss, basically) for the series. Production has just started on the show, so it will be awhile before news starts to come out concerning the new series. Weisman says this will be the best Spider-Man cartoon yet! Stay tuned!

According to this Link:

I would like to make a correction to the news reported by the site that cannot be named.

Greg Weisman will not be story editor for the upcoming new Spider-Man animated series, but will be the Supervising Producer (the boss, basically) for the series. Production has just started on the show, so it will be awhile before news starts to come out concerning the new series. Weisman says this will be the best Spider-Man cartoon yet! Stay tuned!

to quote peter parker WHOOO HOOO
why CAN'T the site be named?:spidey:

According to this Link:

Sounds good. In my eyes though, the only way i can see it being the best Spidey toon yet, is if it actually recreates the original Lee/Ditko/Romita era in order, and follows that continuity very closely.

We'll see....

Is this the DVD "thing" coming in may?

Greg Weisman? The man who made Gargoyles? One of my idols?

*Busts a nut*

I'm speechless...this show will be good! I can't wait! Literally...I can't! I'm cutting myself for relief from the wait! Greg Weisman + Spider-Man = Guaranteed hit!

Hopefully he'll be allowed to punch people in this show. Might allow for some more action.

Ooooh just the topic i came in here for, excellent i eagerly await this release!!!

Ooooh just the topic i came in here for, excellent i eagerly await this release!!!

I'm not. Remember when everyone was "eagerly awaiting" the MTV animated series...:csad:

Is this gonna be 100% animated or CGI? The MTV one sucked ass

The animation was cool. Everything else... well yeah. :(

They didn't have Greg Weisman spearheading the MTV series.

Wait? Weisman is the guy who was responsible for Gargoyles? :huh:

Score!!!

Wait? Weisman is the guy who was responsible for Gargoyles? :huh:

Score!!!

Yeah, he definitely pushed the envelope for THAT show, so having him on Spidey gets my hopes up...

Since it's Direct To DVD, maybe we can expect Spidey to actually hit something...maybe we'll even get a Morbius that actually sucks blood from peoples THROATS, lol....

Wait a minute..there was already a Spider-Man cartoon in the 1990`s and that was a great show.Why make another so soon?

Wait a minute..there was already a Spider-Man cartoon in the 1990`s and that was a great show.Why make another so soon?

Yeah it was a great show but because this is a dvd series it should mean that they can be a bit more gritty. The 90's series suffered quite a bit of restrictions, if you notice spidey probably punched some1 twice in the whole series, laser guns as opposed to bullets stuff like that really.

Oh and the MTV never existed, it will do you well to forget that show.

This is good and all, but I'd rather see an ongoing Spidey show for T.V. on a network that would be okay with violence.

So if this is straight to DVD will it be episodic or will it be a movie?

So soon? That show went off the air like 9 years ago.

Ooh....I'm excited. I hope they get great voice actors, too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"