• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

World Spider-Man: DTV animated series

I'm not sure about that. I don't even think it should be tied into the movies. Look what happened last time.

but it probably will be considering that sony is doing it...

I don't think so. They also saw what happened last time.
IMO, w/the exception of maybe "The Real Ghostbusters", cartoons based on movies suck.

i hope it does really well and cartoon network (adult swim) picks it up so there can be more than 1 season.

Nobody's picking it up. It's going straight to DVD. Besides, I don't want any Time-Warner affiliate touching another Marvel cartoon ever again.

I agree with whoever said "Batman: The Animated Series" is the best superhero cartoon ever. No doubt about that. It was so far ahead of its time. I'm not even a DC fan but there cartoons are so much better then Marvel's cartoons. Its not even close.

Anyway, hopefully this Spider-man series will be good. I have my doubts though

ragingdemon155 said:
I agree with whoever said "Batman: The Animated Series" is the best superhero cartoon ever. No doubt about that. It was so far ahead of its time. I'm not even a DC fan but there cartoons are so much better then Marvel's cartoons. Its not even close.

Anyway, hopefully this Spider-man series will be good. I have my doubts though

Have you seen Spawn?

everyone keeps refering to spawn, but i find BTAS much much better than spawn...

the reason being:

1. Im a Batman fan, obviously im going to say I love BTAS much better. BTAS has better characters and villians in my opinion.
2. BTAS lasted alot longer than spawn did.
3. BTAS had a fantastic cast of voice acters, including Ron Perlman. Spawn didnt have Ron Perlman...

kooguy911 said:
everyone keeps refering to spawn, but i find BTAS much much better than spawn...

the reason being:

1. Im a Batman fan, obviously im going to say I love BTAS much better. BTAS has better characters and villians in my opinion.
2. BTAS lasted alot longer than spawn did.
3. BTAS had a fantastic cast of voice acters, including Ron Perlman. Spawn didnt have Ron Perlman...

Fair enough, BTAS is really good, I won't argue on that, I just prefer the story and art on spawn, but I own spawn and BTAS, so I'm a happy camper!

Cyrusbales said:
Have you seen Spawn?

Yes I have seen Spawn. First off, I never liked Spawn at all in the comics. I always thought of him as rather "lame". Didn't care much for the cartoon either.

Batman: TAS was just simply ahead of its time. It was so well put together season after season. Right from the very first episode with Catwoman you could tell this series was going to be something special. It just continued to grow after that. Spider-man is my favorite superhero ever easily but damn I wish he got that kind of treatment in an animated series.

You can debate about who's got the best comics out and so on.....but when it comes to animated series...I'm sorry but Batman reigns supreme easily.

Of coarse....thats just my opinion though. :)

ragingdemon155 said:
Yes I have seen Spawn. First off, I never liked Spawn at all in the comics. I always thought of him as rather "lame". Didn't care much for the cartoon either.

Batman: TAS was just simply ahead of its time. It was so well put together season after season. Right from the very first episode with Catwoman you could tell this series was going to be something special. It just continued to grow after that. Spider-man is my favorite superhero ever easily but damn I wish he got that kind of treatment in an animated series.

You can debate about who's got the best comics out and so on.....but when it comes to animated series...I'm sorry but Batman reigns supreme easily.

Of coarse....thats just my opinion though. :)

Well I agree to some extent, but Spawn was more consistent, BTAS went from really dark episodes, to very childlike ones, 'batmna in my basement' springs to mind. For this, I can't rate BTAS above Spawn, Spawn was always the dark and forbodding series it was meant to be, BTAS was a little hit and miss at times.

The problem with the Spawn cartoon was the same problem with the Spawn comic. Someone decided that pumping up the violence and profanity meant that it was more "mature" and "adult", without actually providing quality stories at the same time.

Batman:TAS had some more mature elements too (eg: criminals firing real bullets instead of laser guns, scenes that were silent with no background music, etc), but it still provided a variety of stories that didn't seem repetitive or gimicky. No contest -- Batman was the better animated series. It was also better than the Spider-Man series, and I'm saying this as a huge Spidey fan.

I liked the story in spawn, i found it very existential, and the whole battle between fate and hoice was handled well. But I guess it's all preference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"