PSN hits 1.3 million users

Zenien

Reaction score
Sony the official numbers of the playstation network . It seems it is doing very well that initially thought,. And with about 600,000 of the users are from the US alone.

In news that will no-doubt turn the heat-up in the Xbox Live board room, Sony has said that its free-of charge PlayStation Network online service has reached 1.3 million users worldwide.

The news comes from SCEA’s senior director of PR Dave Karraker, who told Gamespot that of those 1.3 million users 600,000 signed up in North America where Sony has shipped over 2 million consoles.

Worldwide some 3.7 million pieces of content have been downloaded from the PS3 online service, though the Sony PR man didn’t specify how much of the number is download games.

via:ComputerandVideogames.

"users" should be changed to "accounts", as anyone who cares to can make as many PSN accounts as they want. Hell, I can make 20 accounts if I wanted to by going here, and I don't even own a Playstation!

I'm curious how many actual individual users are signed up.

Big deal, Xbox Live had over 6 million users back in September.

And more than 3.7 million pieces of content have been downloaded over Live. I think the Crackdown demo alone did better than that.

Zenien, I need to talk to you again some year.

To the rest of you, maybe you'll see me pop-in again in the coming months.

^ True.

I have a Hong Kong, Japan, UK, and US account. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"