PSP and PS2 HD Remastered Games Thread

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
Its official. Sony is extending its Classic HD line from PS2 games to PSP titles. Guess those MGS PSP game rumors are true.

Sony will be bringing classic PlayStation Portable titles to PlayStation 3 as part of a new PSP Remaster lineup. The company announced the series today along with its first major release.

PSP Remaster offers PSP titles remastered for play on the PS3. The games are spruced up with full HD visuals, compatibility with Dual Shock 3, PS3 exclusive content, 3D support, and other features.

The PSP and PS3 versions of the game also share save data. Sony says that this could allow you to play a game on the PSP while on the go, then continue playing when you return home.

The PS3 versions are also compatible with Sony's Ad Hoc Party for PlayStation Portable service for network play. This free PS3 app normally allows local play PSP titles to use the PS3 as a proxy for true online play.
The series will kick off first in Japan through sales of Blu-ray Disc titles, Sony said. The wording of Sony's statement suggests that the series will also be released internationally and will also see some games offered in download form. The press release did not explicitly mention these areas, though.

For the series' first title, Sony has a biggie. As detailed earlier today, Capcom will release a PS3 version of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd under the name Monster Hunter Portable HD. The 4.5 million selling PSP title will feature 3D support, HD visuals and shared save files with the PSP, and will see release this summer.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/20...es/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Games I want to see from PSP?

God of War Collection II (CoO and GoS)
MGS Collection (Peace Walker, Portable Ops and Plus)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Dissidia Final Fantasy Collection
LocoRoco Collection (LocoRoco 1, 2, Midnight Carnival)

Last edited:
Portable Ops wasn't very fun at all... I mean, the story was OK I guess but actually playing the game seemed like SUCH a task. Maybe it'll be better with the DS3.

I'm hoping those games are packed in the (pretty much expected at e3) MGS HD Collection. I'd also want actual cutscenes over the drawn stuff.

Yaaaaaaay crappy PSP ports of PS3 games, will be remastered for the PS3. =D

Portable Ops wasn't very fun at all... I mean, the story was OK I guess but actually playing the game seemed like SUCH a task. Maybe it'll be better with the DS3.

I'm hoping those games are packed in the (pretty much expected at e3) MGS HD Collection. I'd also want actual cutscenes over the drawn stuff.
I think the biggest thing against the MGS games were the control scheme bc lack of a second analog stick really hurt it. I couldnt play them bc they were a chore. I think this will be great news for them

I think the only PSP games I would want to play would be LocoRoco and Patapon.

Bring Crisis Core to the PS3, please & thanks. That's the only game I actually played when I had a PSP. :D

I am guessing LittleBigPlanet and Resistance Retribution will be added as well sounds good to me

I know that PSP's GOW are coming, so I'd like the PSP's Killzone too. I heard it's great.

I wonder what the pricing will be on these. If its a single game, it should be no more than $20. A collection should be $30 or $40 depending on the quality of the games and number

Yup, singles... No more than 20. Collection? 30ish.

Resistance Retribution was one of the best games I played on PSP and, IMHO the best Resistance. I really hope that gets a port.

crisis core on ps3 and then maybe finally the god damn FF7 remake:cmad:

But it would take FORTY YEARS to remake FFVII!!!!!111ELEVEN!

Let's just put it this way. A PS3 update of Peace Walker with full analog controls and easy to access online IS going to be my favorite game of all time. Portable OPs will also be a welcome addition, given that camera controls were that game's biggest problem.

Aside from that I just want the God of War and MotorStorm: Arctic Edge games. PSP has a lot of fun titles but most of them work as PSP titles. Why would I want to play Daxter again when I could... just play Jak and Daxter?

ALSO I'm gonna say these games will go on to work with NGP too which will be rad.

Trophies for PSP games! Not mentioned but its a given that they will
First screenshots

Apparently in the yellow areas the textures have new detail, as opposed to simply being just higher res and better filtered.
5747283367_c3bf1a25d9_o.gif
5747831322_7c58096dec_o.jpg

(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2367/5747831576_d64a7ccb63_o.jpg"]click for full 1080p shot[/URL])
5747831576_3346a733c0_b.jpg

(http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5061/5747831890_d2a244e909_o.jpg"]click for full 1080p shot[/URL])
5747831890_174bcdf94b_b.jpg

(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3541/5747831722_f1d7535b60_o.jpg"]click for full 1080p shot[/URL])
5747831722_865e9b4015_b.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently its only PSP games. If they add PS2 games that's going to be even better.

Let's just put it this way. A PS3 update of Peace Walker with full analog controls and easy to access online IS going to be my favorite game of all time.

Yes, provided they don't use the crappy "Konami log in" bs that MGS4 used. That still stands as one of the most annoying ways to connect online in a game... Ever.

I dont understand what you mean? They've been doing this for PS2 games for over a year now.

Really???? That just tells you how much catching up I have to do. . . . :oldrazz: Thanks for clarifying.

Is there a list of the games that have been remastered from PS2?

Really???? That just tells you how much catching up I have to do. . . . :oldrazz: Thanks for clarifying.

Is there a list of the games that have been remastered from PS2?
God of War Collection - GoW, 1 and 2
Prince of Persia Trilogy - Sands of Time, Warrior Within, Two Thrones
Tomb Raider Collection - Legend Anniversary, Underworld (PS3)
The Sly Collection - Sly 1-3
Splinter Cell Trilogy - Splinter Cell, Pandorra's Tomorrow, Chaos Theory (PC version) ; Comes out next month
Team Ico Collection - Ico, Shadow of Colossus (future release)

I've been waiting for a chance to finally try out a Monster Hunter game. :up:

I'm probably more excited for this than I should be, lol. Mostly due to being such a Metal Gear geek...

Peace Walker should have been a PS3 title to begin with...

Nah, it shouldn't have. This will be cool, though, if it ends up being it in a collection. I mean, hell, I'd be satisfied with a PS2 port.

It just seemed like it was a waste putting it on the PSP. I still hope it's completely reworked with actual cut scenes added in. I like the artwork and whatnot... but I can see Kojima's crew taking their time to make this the best of the PSP HD collections.

I'll buy it either way, so.. I guess what they do, or don't do doesn't matter.

Im glad I didnt try to force myself to play Peace Walker now. I just couldnt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"