• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Psp 2

Reaction score
PSP Dual Thumbstick Rumors
Buzz suggests the new Sony portable will have double the thumb fun.
by Chris Iaquinta

April 7, 2009 - It seems as if Sony's game consoles spend more time sucking up space in the rumor mill than any other system out there. From PS3 price cuts to PSP upgrades, we're constantly getting bombarded with "what if" possibilities, such as the new rumor we heard today that the next PSP will come with two thumbsticks.

According to Pocket Gamer, the dudes that originally spilled the beans on the fabled PSP sliding touchscreen, the next generation PSP will not only include the moving screen, but will also have two analog thumbsticks. More and more it appears that the upcoming PSP may look a lot like the conceptual prototype that has been making rounds on the Internet. Pocket Gamer also says that the units UMD format will be abandoned in favor of digital downloads, effectively making it more like an iPhone than the former PSP model.

So when will we know? Well, Pocket Gamer is confident that availability, info and pricing will all be released this June at the E3 expo in Los Angeles, so expect a full platter of PSP coverage from IGN during the show, should the next PSP make an appearance. Are you digging the dual thumbsticks? Share your comments below.

That picture has been around for a while and labeled as a fake. Still, it gives a good idea of where the PSP might be going in the near future.

i know it is fake but its just to help people visualize how it might look like personally i think it will look just like a PSP except it slides like a sidekick and when you slide it you get two analogs and the X triangle Sqare and circle

I don't see the PSP 2 happening this year. I'm thinking late 2010 - early 2011. With the amount of support the PSP is getting now and the success it's been having lately it's absurd that Sony would drop it.

PSP2 will probably be a precursor to the PS4, and honestly I do not see the PS4 happening until 2012 at the earliest. With that in mind, we might see PSP2 hit in time for Christmas 2011, but probably not sooner than that.

However, I wouldn't rule out some future revisions to the current PSP. It's possible that Sony could release a PSP with an integrated camera and hard drive, or even better yet, the "PSPhone."

It's possible that Sony could release a PSP with an integrated camera and hard drive, or even better yet, the "PSPhone."

Jim Carrey as The Riddler "Now THAT'S impressive!"
:hehe:

Hmmm.

Details of Sony's oft-rumored revision to its PlayStation Portable may have been leaked a little earlier than the company was expecting, as chatter of the PSP Go! appear to have leaked a few days early.

According to the initially uploaded most recent episode of the "1UP" podcast, Sony will soon be announcing the PSP Go!, with some of the web site's staff having already seen the device. The podcast describes the new hardware iteration as having "slide out" or "flip out" controls, as well as a larger screen.

The biggest point of contention among 1UP staffers appeared to be the name of the new hardware, lightly derided as "PSP Go exclamation point."

That episode has since been edited to remove mention of the PSP Go!.

If true, the description of the new hardware appears to jibe with previous rumored mentions of the "PSP-4000" which is allegedly planning to drop the system's UMD drive in favor of internal storage. With more and more PSP games going digital download only—and additional loose talk of in-store kiosks that would allow gamers to rip UMD games to a storage device—that particular rumor is starting to look more feasible.

Sony itself surveyed PlayStation fans on what features they'd like to see in a new PSP earlier this year, hinting at the possibility of built-in storage, a touchscreen interface and built-in keyboard.

The arrival of the new PSP hardware is expected to hit before the holidays, according to reports.

"We haven't announced any new PSP hardware and can't comment on rumors or speculation," an SCEA rep told Kotaku when reached for clarification.
http://kotaku.com/5231844/rumor-sonys-new-portable-is-the-psp-go

Yeah its looking more and more like there will be a new PSP announced this year. Whether its actually released this year is another matter

Sony's rumored plans for a new PSP—supposedly dubbed the PSP Go!—may also usher in a new wave of games becoming digital downloads for the device. That includes, allegedly, the long-awaited arrival of Gran Turismo Mobile.

No. Really. According to 1UP's report on the oft-rumored PSP-4000/PSP Go!, Sony will be releasing about 100 new and classic PSP games in downloadable form on the PlayStation Store when the new PSP launches. 1UP even writes that Polyphony Digital's Gran Turismo Mobile is "said to be one of the premier launch titles."

Announced in 2004, there's been little mention of the portable racing simulator, with Polyphony boss Kazunori Yamauchi saying the title was still "moving forward" last November.

With two alleged storage options available (8GB and 16GB), future PSP owners may have to budget their internal storage space wisely, unless Sony has something clever planned for managing all those downloads.

1UP says it expects Sony to announce the new hardware at E3, just mere weeks away. Keep an eye peeled.

http://kotaku.com/5231915/report-sony-ditches-umd-classic-titles-to-see-digital-re+release

These new features sound tantalizing but I really hope that they actually support the system with some quality software that support a handheld device. Only until recently has the PSP gotten some quality support.

While being able to play PS2-like games is nice, I could simply do that on my PS2. I want games that are specific to the handheld and are built to be played on the go. This is something I feel the DS really capitalized on.

These new features sound tantalizing but I really hope that they actually support the system with some quality software that support a handheld device. Only until recently has the PSP gotten some quality support.

While being able to play PS2-like games is nice, I could simply do that on my PS2. I want games that are specific to the handheld and are built to be played on the go. This is something I feel the DS really capitalized on.
IA. I prefer the Loco Roco and Patapon type games over the God of War and Metal Gear stuff. I like pick up and go gaming for the PSP and the quirky off beat games are more appealing bc I dont have to invest as much time into them. The system could definetly use more casual games

http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/articles/archive/2009/psp-go-view-bundle-revealed-011705/

With rumours that an unveiling of the follow-up system to the PlayStation Portable (PSP) spreading across the internet like wildfire, it appears that Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) see this as the perfect time to offer European consumers a brand new PSP hardware bundle.

The cynical amongst us may well view this new console bundle as an excuse to offload surplus inventory into the retail channel, but while rumours of the PSP GO! (the rumoured moniker for the next console to bear the PlayStation Portable brand), remain just that – rumours – Electronic Theatre would not like to suggest such unscrupulous practices. Instead, the team here believe that this bundle has always been intended for distribution on UK shores, and is part of SCEE’s push for multimedia capability awareness amongst consumers.

With Go! View, you can watch sports, movies, and TV shows on your PSP. From Football to hit comedies, US dramas and a selection of Movies, everything is available to enjoy, wherever you find yourself. Offering a range of top TV including LOST and Ugly Betty, blockbuster Movies and Sports including Barclays Premier League and UEFA Champions League football action from Sky Sports, Go! View is simply an on-demand TV on a portable games console. Entertainment, Sports and Comedy Packs are available by monthly subscription, whilst Movies and a range of the latest TV can be downloaded via the rental service on Go! View.

The Go! View retail box includes a 4GB Memory Stick, Mini USB Cable & two month's free subscription to the Go! View service, retailing with a Recommended Retail Price of £29.99. The PSP GO! View Bundle contains a Black PlayStation Portable 3000, 2GB Memory Stick, Mini USB Cable & two month’s free subscription to the Go! View service, for the Recommended Retail Price of £149.99.

Both the solo and bundle packages are confirmed as available in the UK immediately. Electronic Theatre will keep you up-to-date with further developments in the world of PSP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"