PSP and PS2 HD Remastered Games Thread

I wonder if they'll go with the English VA over here if it does get a release. Now that I've played parts 3 - Dead Souls in Japanese, it would feel weird to hear Kaz with an American accent again.

I wonder if they'll go with the English VA over here if it does get a release. Now that I've played parts 3 - Dead Souls in Japanese, it would feel weird to hear Kaz with an American accent again.
Why not include both options? One of the reasons Ive found it hard to get into the more recent games is bc there's no English audio opion. I dont like to read a book worth of text in my games

I can understand that, and yeah, choice is better.

One thing Im dissapoitned with is the lack of PSP remasters. This thread was created after it was announced that Sony would be doing that but over a year later and all we've had was Peace Walker and the 2 GoW games. Japan also had Monster Hunter. Where are the rest? It seems like something that would be so logical. Just scale up the resolution, fix up textures and add trophy support. Throw it on te store for maybe $10-15 and you not only give PS3 owners a chance to play a game they mixxed out on, but you boost the Vita's library. It doesnt even have to be the big titles bc PSP had some smaller quirky ones like Patapon, LocoRocco and Patchwork Heroes that would work well as PSN downloads. Sony dropped the ball on this. At this point, they really arent making any money off of PSP software, so why not re-release them and advertise them to the PS3/Vita crowd?

The fact that Ratchet and Jak collections weren't Vita-compatible is a big question mark for me. That's an easy way to flesh out the system's library.

The fact that Ratchet and Jak collections weren't Vita-compatible is a big question mark for me. That's an easy way to flesh out the system's library.
thats so true. Older platformers is something I can see people preferring to play on a handheld

I'm loving the fact PS2 and PSP games are being re-released on the PS3, one of the primarily reasons I bought a PS3 was for things like the Jak and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank collections(even though I've played them on PS2 already) and the numerous other collections out there.

But I'm wondering if PSOne Classics will see at least a disc based release? Not necessarily in HD or with Trophies but I'd love to have all the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro games on one disc.

Nothing like that on disc, but you can get all those games for dirt cheap on the PS Store.

Why not include both options? One of the reasons Ive found it hard to get into the more recent games is bc there's no English audio opion. I dont like to read a book worth of text in my games

It's funny because one of the things that drew me into Yakuza was that they were in Japanese. Makes it feel much more authentic. I look at Sleeping Dogs and how it's set in Hong Kong and it's completely laughable how not only is everyone speaking English, but they're doing it in an American accent no less.

I am so excited over Deadlocked getting the HD treatment. I was worried they'd skip my favorite game.

Did anyone get the Splinter Cell pack? Did those games hold up well?

I cant wait for Kingdom Hearts to be remastered.. Now if they would remaster Final Fantasy 10 and 12 I would be super Happy!!!

You would think the studios would be remastering their games. There is money to make! Final Fantasy X alone. I wish they'd hurry with these HD collections. How long can it take to update some graphics and add some trophies?

so how good are the God of War PSP games remastered in the God of War Saga collection?

Really, REALLY good. Probably my favorite HD upgrades just behind Peace Walker.

oh, cool!! thanks.

I was thinking of FINALLY picking up God of War 3. but then I saw the GOW Saga collection out, which has all 5 games. so I'll probably pick that up instead.

I still can't believe no one else is doing PSP remasters including Sony. Why stop at GoW and MGS? There's a lot of great titles that most people unfortunately never got to experience. I don't get it

I'd love those Final Fantasy Dissidia games, Crisis Core, and a Parasite Eve collection.

I'd love those Final Fantasy Dissidia games, Crisis Core, and a Parasite Eve collection.

I'm still surprised this hasn't happened yet. Sure money makers. Maybe they are spread thin with all those other FF spin-offs, Kingdom Hearts spin-offs, FF13 Versus, probably the next-gen FF, and whatever else there is.

yeah, I'm surprised too. any FF remake ( cough......VII........cough......VIII.....cough ) would be a sure money maker too.

btw.......can the Dissidia games, Crisis Core, and 3rd Birthday run on the Vita??

I'm trying to decide if I should buy a PSP cheap to play all those games, or save up for a Vita........

Dissida, yes. Crisis Core, as I checked last time, still wasn't on the Vita Store. Haven't checked for Parasite Eve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"