• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PSP and PS2 HD Remastered Games Thread

Yeah, I got about 20% into the first game, but I can't get into it. Skipped on ahead to Jak II. About 30% into it.

It’s amazing that it’s been almost 10 years since the release of the original Ratchet & Clank on PlayStation 2. A lot has changed since 2002, but your loyalty to our furry Lombax and his faithful robot companion has endured. As we reach the 10th Anniversary of Ratchet & Clank, we wanted to commemorate the achievements of the Ratchet & Clank saga.

Today, we’re delighted to announce the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, which also simultaneously addresses the biggest current request from our fans: The Ratchet & Clank Collection. This will contain Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal – all remastered by Idol Minds, working closely with our team at Insomniac Games. In addition to a full 1080p HD remaster (720p stereoscopic 3D support) of all three games and the inclusion of three Platinum Trophies, we’re happy to confirm that the online competitive multiplayer from Up Your Arsenal will be included. Now you can check out the acclaimed multiplayer mode that many of you didn’t get to experience the first time on PS2.

The collection will release this fall in North America. I know it’s a little bit later than the Spring European release, but it’s because we have something very special planned for our North American fans to celebrate the 10th anniversary, and we’ll share all the details very soon.

We’re so excited that PlayStation has worked to give our original Ratchet & Clank PS2 adventures the HD remaster treatment they deserve. Stay tuned in the coming months for more on the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, as well as more details, screenshots and footage as we near the release of the Ratchet & Clank Collection.

Pics at the link

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...tion-going-1080p-on-ps3-multiplayer-included/

No Deadlocked? Not surprised, I guess, since 3 games seem to be the cap for these, and Deadlocked is kind of the black sheep, but it was still pretty good.

No Deadlocked? Not surprised, I guess, since 3 games seem to be the cap for these, and Deadlocked is kind of the black sheep, but it was still pretty good.
Just a guess but I get that gets a PSN release without the HD treatment

I'm hoping sometime in the future we get HD collections of these

Grand Theft Auto(3, Vice City, and San Andreas)
Hitman(Silent Assassin and Contracts)
Kingdom Hearts(1, 2, and Birth By Sleep)

I'm hoping sometime in the future we get HD collections of these

Grand Theft Auto(3, Vice City, and San Andreas)
Hitman(Silent Assassin and Contracts)
Kingdom Hearts(1, 2, and Birth By Sleep)

Yeah, I need those.

has there been any word on the Final Fantasy X HD remake?

and, do you think they will include FF X-2 with it ( since they tend to release these HD remakes as bundles )?

has there been any word on the Final Fantasy X HD remake?

and, do you think they will include FF X-2 with it ( since they tend to release these HD remakes as bundles )?
Unfortunately not that Ive heard of. Maybe at TGS. And no they will not include FFX-2. Im sure that would have been announced with X. Im guessing its taking so long to remaster X bc that game had ALOT of content in it. I wonder if they are redoing the FMVs bc usually in the HD remasters, they only touch the textures and leave the low res FMVs intact. FF-X had alot of those and would look ugly on an HDTV. If they are in fact redoing those, I can see why its taking so long. FF-X2 would be double the work.

BTW, the IGN article updated and Okami HD is coming to North America this September for $20 which is about $30 cheaper than in Japan. OUCH! They get a disc but we only get a digital release

Last edited:
^ thanks.

well, hopefully, if the FFX remake is a hit, they'll do FF X-2. then maybe they'll get to other FF games, like VII and VIII.

oh, and at TGS, maybe they'll show that other, long-lost FF game.....Versus......lol

No problem! I fear for VS. Its going the way of The Last Guardian

Okami HD trailer

The Last Guardian and Verses XIII are both games that I have more and more doubts that we'll actually ever see.

I have actually never played Okami, so I'll probably grab it when they release the HD version.

Haven't played Okami but always wanted to. It looks absolutely stunning in HD, looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Okami looked great on PS², I can only imagine it looking stunning on PS³.

Closest thing to a Zelda like game I've played outside of Nintendo.

The Sly 4 Demo makes it even more of a must buy.

That's really great news. I so hope we get at least a PSN release in these parts. Love Y1 and 2, but it's been a while since I went back to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"