• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PSP and PS2 HD Remastered Games Thread

This makes me happy in my pants. Vita version please.

Square Enix's Yoshinori Kitase revealed that the Final Fantasy X HD Remake for PS3 and PS Vita is in early development. Rumors from the media also stated that remake will not be a simple HD Remaster version, instead the game run on the FFXIII game engine, all characters, scenes and summon aeons will be redrawn, and special effects in magic and other scenes will make use of the Luminous Engine, the Blitz Ball mini game will have some improvements; and the game will have Network support.

Source

WOW! I really cant wait to see it in motion, especially the Aeons. I always loved those effects

After The Spoony One's review of Final Fantasy X, I just can't see myself playing the game.

WOW! I really cant wait to see it in motion, especially the Aeons. I always loved those effects

you mean I will finally get to see my beloved Yuna in full HD, with FFXIII graphics??!! YES!!! :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:

while they're at it, I hope they do a Final Fantasy X-2 HD remake and give us the international version that never made it to the US........

As do I. That would be great. Probably won't happen though. :/

I'd love to see FFXII in HD on the PS3, too.

hopefully, if FFX HD ( and I'm hoping they do FFX-2 HD ) is successful, they will start remastering other FF games in HD ( using the FFXIII engine ).

They could start with XII, then go on to do VII, VIII, and IX.

Just imagine......VII with XIII's graphics engine...........

I can't imagine they would do that. They would essentially be remaking them from the ground up rather than simply remastering them. That would take a long time and be incredibly expensive.

The PS1 games are not happening. They are likely to go after the PSP games before that happen

Make it both. But really, imagine Dissidia as beautiful as FFXIII. And on the PS3 with an actual controller.

I could go for that. Crisis Core seems kinda obvious and Id be surprised if SE didnt go that route. It would be a way to appease some of the FF VII fanatics

characters_of_crisis_core_by_fenrixion-d2zfidx.jpg

I wanna see a HD kingdom hearts collection.
That'd be gooood.
And maybe sonic rivals as a psn game too!

Square is not remaking Final Fantasy X

Instead, as the company explained at the Taipei Game Show, Final Fantasy X is getting a HD remastering—like Metal Gear or Shadow of the Colossus—and not a full-on HD remake. [Gematsu via FF-Reunion]

Source

Anybody pick up the Jak & Daxter Collection?

Jak 2 started me on the series, so I love both Jak 2 and 3. I haven't played the first game through yet. Just the beginning, so I can't wait to pick this up.

Hopefully they get better voice actors for X HD. Seriously.. Yuna's voice.. *shiver*

Hate The New Silent Hill 2 Audio Tracks? Turn ‘Em Off

We reported late last year that Silent Hill 2 was getting an HD makeover. As a fan of that game, I see myself as a bit of a purist and snob. Honestly, I think it comes with the territory. So I kinda scoffed at the idea of someone re-dubbing the entire game for it's re-release in the Silent Hill HD Collection. "Sure everyone sounds like they're on Dayquil; That's the whole point!" I said to myself.

Lucky for you, the guys at Konami have included both versions. Good for them! And hey, the voice acting isn't terrible, from what I played! If anything, I'm more surprised that they replaced some of the acoustic guitar tracks in the new version with an electric guitar.

See the video above and judge for yourself. And if for whatever reason you start foaming at the mouth in internet rage, just count backwards from 10 and remind yourself that you have the choice to play whatever version you like, original music and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"