• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Racism...

Man-Thing

Avenger
Reaction score
Just thinking about it is silly.

Am I wrong in thinking that at the root of racism is having a dislike for people for where they are from? Isn't it because of they time that a particular group of people has spent in a certain land caused their bodies to adapt to that land? Is not this the reason that African people are black, that Asian people are normally short to a lot of other races? Can't all physical qualities of a race, be explained through adapting to the land they from?

So at it's root, racism is having a dislike for people for where they are from. What is the difference in this, and say Northern people from the U.S. sterotyping Southern people because where they are from?

I'm not anthropologist, so if someone is, or can correct me, please do.

Well, I know Equint hates p*ssies from L.A......
...and I hate French people.....*shrug*

stormfront-poster: "Not too concerned about the "mud races"...."

Uh....................i.b.t.c. :csad:

IMO when Americans from the north hate on Americans from the south, that's a subset of racism... sort of a cultural discrimination. Though you could argue that Manhattanites and Georgians are two separate races.

Man-Thing said:
Just thinking about it is silly.

Am I wrong in thinking that at the root of racism is having a dislike for people for where they are from? Isn't it because of they time that a particular group of people has spent in a certain land caused their bodies to adapt to that land? Is not this the reason that African people are black, that Asian people are normally short to a lot of other races? Can't all physical qualities of a race, be explained through adapting to the land they from?

So at it's root, racism is having a dislike for people for where they are from. What is the difference in this, and say Northern people from the U.S. sterotyping Southern people because where they are from?

I'm not anthropologist, so if someone is, or can correct me, please do.
Disliking someone because they're from a different place is xenophobia. Racism is disliking someone because of their ancestral origins, and physical appearance. I'm a black man from the US, and I could easily be hated by the white man who lives next door.

Manic said:
Disliking someone because they're from a different place is xenophobia. Racism is disliking someone because of their ancestral origins, and physical appearance. I'm a black man from the US, and I could easily be hated by the white man who lives next door.
Gotcha. Well, no matter what word you want to use for it, hate is hate.

Manic said:
I'm a black man from the US, and I could easily be hated by the white man who lives next door.
Seriously, I hate the c*** next door.:up:

she's white/c***

Racism is caused by a human's natural instinct to group based on appearances NOT ideas. It's actually very primitive. As Dr.Martin Luther King said (paraphrasing) a person should be judged by the content of their character NOT the color of their skin.

Judging someone based on skin color is just as dumb as judging people based on eye color. Silly and primitive.

Till all are one!

Manic said:
"xenophobia", that's it!

Anyway, my point is that there is actually very little difference in xenopobia and racism in that under natural settings even those who are in Georgia would eventually become their own "race" overtime, so sterotyping or making fun of or disliking someone because of where they are from is the same as racism. It's pre-evolutionary racism.

IMO stereotyping is pretty lazy and simplistic. Or is justified and rational? What do you guy's think?

Hey, social anthropologists predict that within the next 1000 years humanity will have evolved into an upper-class of generic race, who are smart, beautiful, tall, and strong.

Then there will be the lower class of stupid, fat, ugly people. The "working class" if you will.

blind_fury said:
IMO stereotyping is pretty lazy and simplistic. Or is justified and rational? What do you guy's think?

Its ignorant but necessary. The human mind does not have the computing capacity to process information at productive levels without it.

blind_fury said:
As Dr.Martin Luther King said (paraphrasing) a person should be judged by the content of their character NOT the color of their skin.

Why don't you avoid making an ass of yourself and actually try to live by those wise words.

Judge me by MY actions.....not the actions of people who had a similarly colored skin as mine, who lived generations before my Dad even reached puberty enough to impregnate my Mom?

I am not, nor will I EVER be held responsible for the evil actions of long-dead jerks who had nothing to do with me.

Lose the anti-White racism :):up:

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Why don't you avoid making an ass of yourself and actually try to live by those wise words.

Judge me by MY actions.....not the actions of people who had a similarly colored skin as mine, who lived generations before my Dad even reached puberty enough to impregnate my Mom?

I am not, nor will I EVER be held responsible for the evil actions of long-dead jerks who had nothing to do with me.

Lose the anti-White racism :):up:
NEVAH!!! :woot:

I do judge people by the content of their character. That doesn't change the fact the US Government owes the descendents of slaves "withheld funds".

Would you claim a Jewish man was racist for trying to get the estate from the German gorvernment that was siezed from his great-great grand father by the nazis during WWII?

Halcohol said:
Hey, social anthropologists predict that within the next 1000 years humanity will have evolved into an upper-class of generic race, who are smart, beautiful, tall, and strong.

Then there will be the lower class of stupid, fat, ugly people. The "working class" if you will.
No, some guy working for Bravo conjectured that.

I think it's time the working class got something back.

LOOKS FOR LABOUR!

blind_fury said:
NEVAH!!! :woot:

I do judge people by the content of their character. That doesn't change the fact the US Government owes the descendents of slaves "withheld funds".

Would you claim a Jewish man was racist for trying to get the estate from the German gorvernment that was siezed from his great-great grand father by the nazis during WWII?

Kid, there comes a point?.....where bygones beCOME bygones...on their own.

If you can go?....and find?....your Grandfather's bench?...made of mahogany?......that a Nazi-F*** stole?...

...and if the bench is sitting in his home, in Argentina?.....
Then, YES!
Go, and grab the bench!!!!!
Take it back from the Nazi Mother-F***er!!!!:up:X1,000,000

Problem is, when I go to work tomorrow?......I'm,
(and apologies to psycho, self-loathing liberals like SB)
.....NOT TAKING ANYTHING FROM A BLACK PERSON.
Nor frome the spirits of any of their ghostly grandpas. :rolleyes:

The Nazis actually sent gold to Swiss bank accounts and crap.
If you can actually TRACE the wealth,...then of course....the original owners are dead, so, DOI....give it to their kids.

But,...and I don't know how to stress this enough.....I, don't have any wealth from centuries-old slavery.

Believe me. I'm STILL saving up to TRY and by my own computer.
When I do buy one....if there's a Black guy in line behind me?....sorry

They're not going to say, "Oh, HEY ther "Wilhelm"! Here's a top-o'the-line computer for 200 bucks!" :)

And then, say, "OOOOOhhh....hell-OH, BLACK guy :cmad:
Here, have a comparable computer for $9,000."

Don't be stupid.

point-blank....you're well-meaning people. And you're blinded by your intent.
You're suggesting that innocents should be exploited and tortured to make up for the exploitation and torture of people who've been dead for centuries.

Grow.A.Brain. :o

Unlike most Americans blacks are disproportionately poor. That means they should have alot more than they do. If the US government can justify spending a billion dollars a week on helping Iraqis who's forefathers never contributed a day's work building America why the hell can't they help American black school children get a better education??? :huh::huh::huh::huh:

grow. a. soul. :o

When was the goverment ever doing anything for the people. :o

blind_fury said:
If the US government can justify spending a billion dollars a week on helping Iraqis who's forefathers never contributed a day's work building America why the hell can't they help American black school children get a better education?

I agree. The gov't. shouldn't be pouring funds towards Iraqis and it shouldn't be pouring them at people who never suffered the cruelty of slavery.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I agree. The gov't. shouldn't be pouring funds towards Iraqis and it shouldn't be pouring them at people who never suffered the cruelty of slavery.
Why not? Just pretend those slaves were paid and bought property with the riches that come from working minimum wage 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year (slaves didn't get vacations) from childhood to death. What happens to property when a person dies??? Say it with me! 90 percent of the time it's passed down to the next generation! Now your getting it!

Now what's so wrong with giving the slaves descendents property value they wouldve recieved anyway IF IF IF IF the government did the right thing? BLACK ARE DISPROPORTIONATELY POOR!!!! That's not justice and the government is in a position to right a wrong. WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR??? GOD TO COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND SAY, "ya know it's the least you can do for their childrens children considering the whole 400 years you exploited and cheated them".

The truth is if I was a slave and the government said to me " ya know because of technical difficulties we can't pay now but we might be able to pay your great great grandchildren" I would be say, "please do that, please don't cheat my family forever."

It's like I was taught while growing up...

Whether or not we deserve to inherit compensation for our ancestors' suffering, it's never gonna happen. So stop waiting for the government to wise up, and make your money the old fashioned way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"