Guardians of the Galaxy Rank All Three Guardians of the Galaxy Movies

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
After you've seen GotG vol 3 go ahead and rank all three movies, please.

GOTG VOL.2
GOTG VOL.3
GOTG VOL.1

But overall I love each film equally and from Vol.1 to Vol.3 the films build off of each other to create the perfect MCU trilogy right next to the Captain America trilogy and also just one of the great trilogies in cinema. I am not trying to over hype it but that’s just my opinion.

IMHO the first is still the best, but this is a close second.

Emotional grand sendoff for the team. I was in near tears at some points.

Star-Lord actually gets to be cool and not an idiot this time.

Best to okay 3,1,2.
But Vol 2 had my most emotionally satisfying moment.

1, 2, 3
Yondu was a favorite for me along with Rocket being my favorite character. Now part 3 does focus on Rocket but that is backstory and he really isn't bringing the same energy as the previous.
Star Lord having a mask was always a cool thing to me too.

first one I have no problem rewatching.
2nd I haven't rewatched much, it does have some great lines like "Yay family reunion"
3rd I enjoyed but it just didn't pull me in and have me on the edge.

Vol 3 (best)
Vol 1 (second best in the trilogy)
Vol 2 (Worst in the trilogy)

I do wonder how my rating will turn out for the franchise since I loved the first film but wasn’t really on board with the second one, this third feels more in line with the second which definitely gives me pause but I’m still interested to know how they wrap up this franchise.

Never did I think that this could overtake Vol 1, but it proved me wrong. Well done, James Gunn.

Vol 3 (9/10)
Vol 1 (9/10)
Vol 2 (7/10)

Vol. 3
Vol. 1
Vol. 2

This was very hard. But Vol. 2 has some of my favorite moments from the entire trilogy, specially in the third act. So yeah, pretty much a fantastic trilogy.

I feel like 3 should have been the best. But weak villain, both Groot and Warlock were underused.

Vol 3
Vol 1
Vol 2/Holiday Special

1 - Great
3 - Very Good
2 - Good

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Vol.3
3. Infinity War/Endgame
4. Holiday Special
5. Vol.2771099F4-9414-4FD3-8B37-84E87283581C.jpeg

Guardians of the Galaxy
Vol 3
Vol 2
The first film is definitely the best, as far as I'm concerned. It's the one film in the trilogy that stands out as a particularly special film. Vol 3 is solid overall, and definitely great if you're invested in the world and the characters. Vol 2 is alright.

I like them all but I'll go:

Vol. 1
Vol. 3

Vol. 2

If I'm cheating, since I kind of see Avengers Infinity War as a Guardians Vol. 2.25 I suppose that's the best of the bunch.

And I'll only say this since I just watched it the other day but I like Gunn's The Suicide Squad better than all 3 Guardians movies.

I will definitely put the Holiday Special last. That was filler.

Vol 3

Vol 1

Vol 2

Holiday Special

Vol. 1
Vol. 3
Vol. 2
Holiday Special

Yeah, as a step dad I have a soft spot for vol 2 but 3 was very entertaining.

Overall this is a great trilogy. This cast and Gunn will be missed.

Last edited:
I'd rank them 1, 3, 2. I think the sunniness of the first one gives it the slight edge. I love the second one (especially by the end), but there's a lot of juvenileness in that, which I'm glad was toned down by the third one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"