The Force Awakens Post-TFA: Rank the seven Star Wars movies (NO SPOILERS)

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
Rank all seven Star Wars movies.

Please wait until you've seen The Force Awakens.

Okay, the movie has been out in NA since 7 pm EST.

I'm curious what the most common ranking of TFA will be.

For me
1. A New Hope
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Force Awakens
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Return of the Jedi
6. Attack of the Clones
7. Phantom Menace

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. The Force Awakens
3. A New Hope
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Attack of the Clones
7. The Phantom Menace

I'll have to watch it again and let it settle, but right now for me:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. The Force Awakens
3. Return of the Jedi
4. A New Hope
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Attack of the Clones
7. The Phantom Menace

I'm going to watch it a few more times, it's so close for me right now honestly. But.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. The Force Awakens
3. A New Hope
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Attack of the Clones

Honestly it is so close to Empire for me, like almost a tie. I need a couple more viewings but damn, it was just wonderful.

Eh. I liked The Force Awakens. But I didn't think it was better than any of the OT (didn't help that it rehashed a lot of plot elements from A New Hope). At least it was better than the Prequels, so my ranking would be:

1) The Empire Strikes Back
2) A New Hope
3) Return of the Jedi
4) The Force Awakens
5) Revenge of the Sith
6) The Phantom Menace
7) Attack of the Clones

Forth best. Can't possibly over take the first three due to their uniqueness and the fact that the Force Awakens really borrowed much of it's heart from A New Hope. But still miles better than the prequels and I'm one who likes the prequels.

1. Return of the Jedi (sue me)
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. A New Hope
4. The Force Awakens
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. The Phantom Menace
9. Attack of the Clones

Last edited:
Everyone always leaves out Caravan of Courage. :o

3rd best IMO

1. The Empire Strikes Back 9/10
2. Star Wars 9/10
3. The Force Awakens 9/10
4. Return of the Jedi 7/10
5. Revenge of the Sith 6.5/10
6. The Phantom Menace 5.5/10
7. Attack of the Clones 5/10

The Empire Strikes Back
The Force Awakens
Star Wars
Return of the Jedi

I hold the right to switch the top two after I see The Force Awakens two more times this weekend. :woot:

^ my thoughts exactly Darth I said the same thing

1. The Empire Strike Back
2. A New Hope
3. The Force Awakens
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Attack of the Clones

It's so weird listing out my Star Wars rankings and typing the number "7". It's feels unreal.

Fourth. And once the hype dies down, it will not be ranked over any of the original three in a year. With that said, I really liked it!

1. The Empire Strikes Back (10/10)
2. Star Wars (10/10)
3. Return of the Jedi (9/10)
4. The Force Awakens (8/10)
5. Revenge of the Sith (6/10)
6. The Phantom Menace (5/10)
7. Attack of the Clones (3/10)

Onwards to the next one. I do think that they really can top at least Jedi now that they have gotten the nostalgia out of the way.

I think it is a much better movie then Return of the Jedi, especially after watching them both today. But maybe that is the hype in my soul.

I think it is a much better movie then Return of the Jedi, especially after watching them both today. But maybe that is the hype in my soul.

Well I cannot say you are wrong for your opinion. But I still recall people during the first weekend saying Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith were better than Jedi. I suspect that it will not be so clear cut, at least, for many in a few months.

Well I cannot say you are wrong for your opinion. But I still recall people during the first weekend saying Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith were better than Jedi. I suspect that it will not be so clear cut, at least, for many in a few months.

Barring a few flaws, Return of the Jedi has some of the best scenes in the whole Star Wars saga. I don't know why people keep ragging on it. :cmad:

Who was ragging on it? I didn't see anyone ragging on it? Because we rank it lower than TFA means we are ragging on it?

Who was ragging on it? I didn't see anyone ragging on it? Because we rank it lower than TFA means we are ragging on it?

I never said that. I was just pointing out that with each prequel, fans were quick to rank it over Jedi because Jedi is widely (and fairly) regarded as the "weak" one of the original trilogy.

While The Force Awakens is actually good, unlike the prequels, I was just pointing out that hype could play a factor. As lame as the Ewoks were, Jabba's Palace, the Emperor, and Vader's turn were awesome. I will also say the second Death Star and the space battle to destroy it was far more intense than the Star Killer.

Sorry, I did not mean to turn this into a versus argument between the two.

Right now:

1. Empire
2. Force
3. Hope
4. Jedi
5. Sith
6. Menace/Clones (there equally bad but in different ways)

DA my post wasn't towards you it was towards horacethegrey he said he doesn't know why people keep ragging on Jedi. I didn't see any ragging going on that was my point to him.

Well most people seem to think it's just as bad the prequels. Probably because of the Ewoks, but I've never had a problem with those little furballs. And like I said, ROTJ has some of the best scenes in the saga largely because they're resolutions to numerous plot threads that the first two films built up. I don't think fans give this film enough credit in how it resolved the character's stories.

And I agree with DaCrowe. The hype around The Force Awakens seems to be clouding people's judgement of it. Saying it's the second best behind The Empire Strikes Back? That seems a bit presumptious.
And it doesn't help that it steals a lot of plot elements from A New Hope. Each Star Wars film has been distinct from each other. Would it have killed them to do something original with this film?

Again, I'd like to say that I liked The Force Awakens, but ranking it ahead of the OT? Let's wait until the hype dies down before ranking against the rest of the saga.

This is just my opinion on it Feel free to disagree with me if you wish.

Fourth. And once the hype dies down, it will not be ranked over any of the original three in a year. With that said, I really liked it!

1. The Empire Strikes Back (10/10)
2. Star Wars (10/10)
3. Return of the Jedi (9/10)
4. The Force Awakens (8/10)
5. Revenge of the Sith (6/10)
6. The Phantom Menace (5/10)
7. Attack of the Clones (3/10)

Onwards to the next one. I do think that they really can top at least Jedi now that they have gotten the nostalgia out of the way.

That's a naive assumption.

I already like ROTS more than ROTJ, and it's very unlikely that in a year I'm going to think TFA is worse than ROTS and ROTJ. Aside from the throne room scenes and the space battle scenes, ROTJ is barely serviceable. The highest I'd rate it is 7/10, and that's if I'm feeling generous.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"