The Force Awakens Post-TFA: Rank the seven Star Wars movies (NO SPOILERS)

I'll have to let TFA "settle" in my mind for awhile before making any concrete judgments. But, as of right now:

1. ESB.
2. ANH.
3. TFA.
4. ROTJ.
5. ROTS.
6. TPM.

7. AOTC.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. The Force Awakens
3. A New Hope
4. Return of the Jedi
5. The Clone Wars
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. The Phantom Menace
8. Attack of the Clones

It was a close decision for me which would be the #3 film on my list, RotJ or TFA but I just asked myself which I'd watch between the two if I had a gun to my head and I had to pick. And while the entire Endor bit of RotJ was a waste IMO, the Vader/Luke/Emperor scenes plus Lando's attack on Death Star 2.0 were just so well executed far and away beyond ANYTHING in TFA that I'd still have to give it to RotJ and just fast forward the whole Ewoks crap. I'll take lowest of lows if I can also get the highest of highs, which is what RotJ is.

2. Attack of the Clones
3. A New Hope
4. Return of the Jedi
5. The Force Awakens
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. The Phantom Menace

Obviously it's far and away better than the garbage prequels. I tend to lump all three of the originals though. It's not too much of a stretch to say its better than certain parts of all three. After a second viewing on Monday, I'm gonna decide whether I like it more than all three.

Empire
Force Awakens
Jedi
Hope
Sith
Menace
Clones

1) ESB(Which I doubt can ever be topped, though I'm willing to give Rian Johnson the benefit of the doubt)
2) TFA(Yeah... I'm already going there)
3) ANH + ROTS(Controversial, I know, but outside of pretty much everything to do with Padme, I LOVE ROTS)
4) ROTJ
5) TPM
6) AOTC

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Wars
3. Return of the Jedi (I actually have this tied with the original film, now that I think of it)
4. The Force Awakens
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Attack of the Clones
7. The Phantom Menace

Barring a few flaws, Return of the Jedi has some of the best scenes in the whole Star Wars saga. I don't know why people keep ragging on it. :cmad:

It's the trendy thing to do to crap on RotJ. People hate Ewoks.

I really need to rewatch the OT only seen them once and that was this year but I have to say -
Empire
The Force Awakens
Jedi
Star Wars
Sith
Menace
Clones

2. Attack of the Clones
3. A New Hope
4. Return of the Jedi
5. The Force Awakens
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. The Phantom Menace

Woah. I've never seen anyone rank AOTC this highly in the series.

1. Return of the Jedi
2. The Force Awakens
3. The Empire Strikes Back
4. The Phantom Menace
5. A New Hope
6. Revenge of the Sith
7. Attack of the Clones

BRING ON THE FLAMES!!!!!

This is hardly some list based on what is "better". I acknowledge that there are issues in ROTJ. But, at the moment, it is still my favorite.

TFA for me is below Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope.

For now:

ESB
ANH
TFA
ROTS
ROTJ
AOTC
TPM

I probably enjoyed most of The Force Awakens more than most of Return of the Jedi but I didn't enjoy any of it as much as I did all of the scenes in the Emperor's throne room with Luke, Vader and Palpatine.

I was let down a lot by the third act of the Force Awakens. The death star Destruction and space battles in Jedi were a lot better than the somewhat formless rehash in The Force Awakens. I have to give the edge to Jedi.

V, IV, VI, VII, III, I, and then almost any other movie ahead of II.

I shall decide with my second screening, on Wednesday... But so far I'd put it third or fourth.

Easy.

1. ESB
2. ROTS
3. ANH
4. TFA
5. AOTC
6. TPM
7. ROTJ

Let me just say that it's a testament to how good the acting, energy, and cinematography are in The Force Awakens that it ended up number 4 for me. If it even had the same level of acting and directing as Return of the Jedi, it could've very well been my least favorite episode.

2. TIE: A New Hope / The Force Awakens
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. The Phantom Menace
6. Attack of the Clones

1. ESB
2. TFA (modern day classic tbh)
3. RotJ
4. ANH
5. RotS
6. AOTC = PM (I don't really care for either one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"