• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rate the Actors: Who Did You Enjoy Watching the Most?

even tho its early def JEH
and maybe Patrick Wilson and JDM for oscars

Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach>>>Christian Bale as Batman

i agree with that, Bale isn't as badass as batman as people say he is...

Jackie Earle Haley, Patrick Wilson and Matthew Goode.

The best three.

Well I had the most fun looking at Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre II, so thats who I voted for. Cause she was amazingly hot.

But Jackie Earle Haley became The Ledger of 2009, that sums it up.

Well I had the most fun looking at Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre II, so thats who I voted for. Cause she was amazingly hot.

But Jackie Earle Haley became The Ledger of 2009, that sums it up.

I don't think he is in the same league of Ledger's Joker.

The only comparisons I think fit for Ledger's work are Hopkins' Hannibal in Silence of the Lambs, and Brando in Apocalypse Now.

Those required real genius. And that's rare. JEH was good indeed, but nowhere near Ledger.

Why not? Ledger created a character that inspired millions, and was just damn good. JEH created a chracter that made you feel for him. His death was one brillaint piece of acting.

Is he better then Ledger? No...i'd say he's about the same. Watch Little Children. The man's fantastic.

Rorschach, without question. JEH pulled that role off perfectly, akin to what Ledger did with the Joker.

JEH but they were all great JDM blew me away seeing how i have never seen a movie from him.Going from his brutal rape attempt to his ruthless shooting in Vietnam bar to his emotional rant to Moloch he was awesome.

I probably enjoyed Nite Owl II and Rohrschach the most. The Comedian was good too.

JDM, JEH, Wilson, of course, but also Cruddup, I thought he was very sad and moving.

Wilson and Haley entertained me the most.

1. Jackie Earle Haley-isn't it obvious? The guy was Rorschach. Down to his death scene at the end of the movie. That was definitley a highly emotional moment for him. JEH as Rorschach is just as good if not better then Heath Ledger as the Joker. I don't know if he is going to get an oscar nomination or not, but i never seen a renegade portrayed the way JEH did with Rorschach. Love that they kept some of his signature lines in the movie. WAY TO GO JACKIE!!!!

2. Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Outstanding performance. He is such a badass in this film. Compared to the graphic novel, he made me feel even sorry for him during that scene in Moloch's apartment. You have every reason to hate the comedian, but you can't seem to actually hate him. I felt a bit sympathetic towards the Comedian. Damn, JDM did such an amazing job! I don't think anyone else could have done a better job then him. There is a touch of sadness to the character, and i definitely felt it. WAY TO GO JEFF!

3. Patrick Wilson-I thought he was going to be okay, but damn did he surprise me! His portrayal of Dan Drieberg/Nite Owl Two was better then i thought it would be. I know some people underestimated him, but i think his preformance surprised some of us Watchmen fans. His reaction to watching Rorschach die was 100% perfect. And i hope that if the death of Hollis Mason is in the director's cut, Dan's reaction will be just as emotional. A job well done, Patrick!

4. Billy Crudup-Awesome portrayal of Dr Manhattan, and the origin story was very well done. I loved the fact they kept Billy's voice instead of enhancing it, making it sound otherworldly. Which frankly may not have worked so well in my opinion. He was just so cool, and he had delivered some unforgettable moments, not to mention quite a bit of his you know what:woot:. I don't know if his preformance will be memorable or not, but this was my favorite BC role. Way to go!!!

5. Matthew Goode-I actually liked the way this relatively unknown actor portrayed the smartest man in the world. I also like how he kept an American accent while in public, and speaking in a slight german accent when in privacy talking with the other heroes. I know some people are saying he was slightly miscast, but i did not have a problem with him at all.
No way would Tom Cruise or Jude Law would have done a better job with this character then Matthew. Awesome job my friend!

Yeah, I agree that Matthew did a fantastic job and something dawned on me about his performance a few days after seeing the film. Some people (myself included) noted that Veidt appeared a little too sinister from the get-go, which ultimately could give away that he's behind everything. While that's true to some extent, I don't know that it's a bad thing. Why? Because frankly, in the book, Veidt doesn't become an interesting character UNTIL the big reveal at the end.

I'm sure that many of you will disagree with me on this, but that is one of the few flaws I find in the graphic novel... Veidt is just this rich wanker that everyone says is the smartest man alive but doesn't really do anything interesting other than fight a would-be assassin. When I found out he was the bad guy, I was like, "Oh... okay. Meh." It wasn't until he went into the details of his plan I was like "WHOA, this guy IS brilliant!"

Like I said, some of you may feel very differently about it, but that's just how I saw it.

i thought dr. manhattan was freaking awesome...the way you could see and feel his departure from the human race was sweet...rorschach was AWESOME....ozy was great...a great performance...

silk spectre looked great and did a good job i thought...

what really kept going through my head as i watched dan as dan was how much he seemed to act like and look like clark kent! the glasses..the hair..the meekness i guess....anybody else get that vibe?

oh also, big figure was basically "that midget from seinfeld"...and it got a few laughs from the audience as soon as he appeared on screen...

1. Patrick Wilsn
  2. Jackie Earle Hayley
  3. Billy Crudup
  4. Matthew Goode
  5. Jeffery Dean Morgan
  6. Carla Gugino
  7. Malin Akerman
One thing the movie made me realise is how little the comedian is in the book.

And yet without the Comedian, none of it would have happened.

1 Jackie Earle Haley as Rohrschach
2 Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Comedian
3 Patrick Wilson as Nite Owl II
4 Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre II
5 Matthew Goode as Ozymandias
6 Billy Crudup as Dr. Manhattan

And yet without the Comedian, none of it would have happened.

My brother pointed the same thing out when we were talking about the movie. He'll probabley featured more in the director's cut.

1. Jackie Earle Haley-isn't it obvious? The guy was Rorschach. Down to his death scene at the end of the movie. That was definitley a highly emotional moment for him. JEH as Rorschach is just as good if not better then Heath Ledger as the Joker. I don't know if he is going to get an oscar nomination or not, but i never seen a renegade portrayed the way JEH did with Rorschach. Love that they kept some of his signature lines in the movie. WAY TO GO JACKIE!!!!

Haley WAS better then Heath imo in that you felt for him the sadness behind his eyes was amazing to watch :woot: i dont understand some reviews saying Watchmen didnt have any heart to the characterisations:huh: Manhatten was AMAZINGLY done better then the comic imo.

Dont hold your breath for any awards though Rorshcach isnt (though he should be) a cult character around the world like Joker and sorry Ledgers death, a young gifted actor in his prime playing said character so well, contributed to his oscar win. Haley is imo a beter actor but he is no heartthrob actor in his prime and he was playing a far lesser known character so even if he died tomorrow you wont see a sniff of any award.

You know actually i think a better comparison would be Haley and Bale because they where playing anti heroes.

1. Jackie Earle Haley (Incredible!)
2. Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Amazing!)
3. Billy Crudup (Brillaint!)
4. Matthew Goode (Great!)
5. Patrick Wilson (Great!)
6. Carla Gugino (Good!)
7. Malin Ackerman (Mediocre)

Last edited:
Jackie Earle Haley as Rohrschach.
Patrick Wilson as Nite Owl II.
Billy Crudup as Dr. Manhattan.
Matthew Goode as Ozymandias.
Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Comedian.

All excellent performances. About as closely acted as one could've expected from reading the GN. These characters are all spot-on, really. Especially Rorschach and the Comedian. Epic win.

Didnt you guys LOVE DOCTOR MANHATTENS galactus like omnipotence? where he knows he is all knowing, invincible and eternal and sees far more then we ever could but has a sadness with all this power. makes the cloud in FF: ROTSS galactus looklike a school project imo.

You know, sometimes audience reactions to these movies just baffle me.

I have this friend who had never heard of Watchmen until she saw a preview of the movie. She thought it looked interesting so I encouraged her to read the comic. She liked it and was excited to see the movie. Well, according to her facebook page, she saw it tonight and left a message up that "Zach Snyder should be banned from movies for what he did to Dr. Manhattan."

:huh:

Now I wrote a response and have yet to hear back from her on exactly what she meant by this, but I have to say that this comment puzzles the hell out of me. What did he get wrong with Manhattan? Aside from certain scenes being cut out, I think that was definitely one character that they got PERFECT... he looked the way he was supposed to look, he acted completely disconnected like he's supposed to... and of course, they didn't shy away from the nudity aspect. It just struck me as really strange that someone apparently thought that Snyder somehow f**ked this character all to hell.

Then again, this is a girl who loved Twilight. :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"