• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rate the Movie - without Spoilers

redmarvel

Red, White and Buxom
Reaction score
Ok, it'll be at least a week before I go see this movie, but I would love to know how the Hypesters rate it.

Also, without spoilers, what did you think of the Acting, Plot line, Music, Special Effects, Costuming, etc.

I'd give it a solid 8/10. I'd say it's my favourite Marvel Studios movie.

Lol terrible poll options. I have to choose between just "good" and "best movie in the past 12 months"? What if I've seen an equally good or slightly better movie in the past 12 months? Like Inception? Just make it 1-10. I'd give it an 8.5.

ferretemo.gif
ferretemo.gif
ferretemo.gif
ferretemo.gif
562png.gif

I give Thor four ferrets and a Cosby.

Great origin movie. Good SuperHero movie. I bet the sequel would be AWSOME!

Movie was great. Marvel is bringing out their A game.

"Also, without spoilers, what did you think of the Acting, Plot line, Music, Special Effects, Costuming, etc. "

Acting was on point. Every actor owned their character and scene. Plot line was good, a little long on earth scenes. Could have been more drama and character revealing on earth, but good nonetheless. I'm guessing they wanted to keep the story moving, and keep away from the sappy stuff. Music was appropriate, could have had that Lord of the Rings feel though during fight scenes. Costuming was amazing. I never would have imagine those type of outfits, and I'm glad they didn't go the Conan, He-man, Clash of the Titans, or even the Lord of the Rings route.

SO GO SEE IT!

p.s. He-Man/Masters of the Universe from the 80s is by far one of the best cartoon to film adaptations lol. One of my favorites as a child, though as an adult I can see the crappiness of the earth dimension theme. Should have kept it in Eternia.

ferretemo.gif
ferretemo.gif
ferretemo.gif
ferretemo.gif
562png.gif

I give Thor four ferrets and a Cosby.

Nice Avy. I wanted the same color suit after I saw the movie when I was a lik 8. Thought I could be a zoot suit gangster lol.

Four Ferrets and a Cosby lol. Puuudddinnngggg!!!

p.s. He-Man/Masters of the Universe from the 80s is by far one of the best cartoon to film adaptations lol. One of my favorites as a child, though as an adult I can see the crappiness of the earth dimension theme. Should have kept it in Eternia.

I loved He-man as a kid but after having to go into a Gay fetish bar for work (Was a drive tester for Nextel at the time) I can never look at his costume without cringing.

Back on topic I really LOVED the way Thor was portrayed both buy the actor and the director who showed how Thor's power level should be!

I loved He-man as a kid but after having to go into a Gay fetish bar for work (Was a drive tester for Nextel at the time) I can never look at his costume without cringing.

Back on topic I really LOVED the way Thor was portrayed both buy the actor and the director who showed how Thor's power level should be!

HAHAHAHAHA....yeah that will mess a person up for life. I was watching Rocky 3 with my girlfriend, who outspokenly mocks the cheese fact of action movies, and she was commenting on how "gay" Rocky and Apollo's workout clothes looked. I was explaining that it was the times, 80s. If men wore what they did today and were hugging and frolicking in the sand then yeah I would think they were gay too lol. It's just funny how things that were once cool change with times.

I agree on Thor's portrayal. I like the fact that his power was not held back or reduced, at least not noticeably.

So, I heard my first negative review of Thor today. :csad: Basically the person complained that while some of the Characters have the same names as the comics and the same powers, they have different personalities and different relationships. (Similar to the way the X-Men were rewritten for the movies).

One of his biggest complaints, Dr. Donald Blake is not Thor's alterego, instead he is briefly mentioned in passing as an ex-boyfriend. He also complained about the personalities of Hogan the Grim and Odin as shown in the movie.

Well as a Fan Red, I LOVED it.
Best thing to do is see it and I know the tiny changes don't seem to be so bad after seeing it in this form.
There WAS 20 minutes cut from the Film according to Kenneth, that will be on the dvd, tho I'm not sure if the scenes are added back into the film or included as extras.
You have to figure, it's topped the Box Office for two weeks in the States, so it has to be good to do that. :D

Ok, it'll be at least a week before I go see this movie, but I would love to know how the Hypesters rate it.

Also, without spoilers, what did you think of the Acting, Plot line, Music, Special Effects, Costuming, etc.

I wasn't expecting much from the film if i'm honest. I hadn't ever read a Thor comic, but i'm more of a DC fan myself, and so I didn't know much about the character or origin.

I thought it was incredible. It is easily in the top 5 superhero movies of all time for me.

The Acting: I thought Hemsworth, Hopkins and Hiddleston (the three H's lol) were particularly good. Hemsworth's character was very likeable because he started off so unlikeable, and by the end you felt like he'd earned your sympathies. Hopkins was born to play a role like Odin. And Hiddleston I also found very charismatic as a villain.

Plot line: Hard to comment without spoiling, but I will say that in Thor they had the perfect opporunity to combine epic fantasy with comic book story, and they nailed it perfectly, keeping it lighthearted but emotional enough to care for a sequel.

Music: Honestly, I don't remember much about the music...

Special Effects: Azgard looked INCREDIBLE!

Costumes: I liked em all :)

Along with the Norton Hulk, this is the best Marvel movie that's come out. It's the only one that felt somewhat like a comic book and not a sci-fi film that was rewritten to cash in on a franchise name.

I finally saw it, the 3D version. It was excellent. Love Chris Helmsworth as Thor, he played the part well.

The scene I hated - when the Warriors 3 and the Lady Sith find Thor. The expression on Lady Sith's face is far too comical - makes a serious character look like a goofball.

I just got back from it. I'd give it an 8/10, but can see myself rating it higher after more repeat views. Enjoyed it and loved it very much. I'm not even a Thor fan and I thought this movie was incredible. Visually it's jaw-dropping, but it's also got a solid plot to back it all up and great characters, and some of the most amazing battle scenes I've seen in any movie in a long time. And as someone who normally loathes CGI, I have to admit the CGI in this movie was top-notch and very believable. Excellent movie on all counts, in my book.

For me Thor started "Super Hero Summer" I am a fan of super hero movies, so I decided to see Thor. The previews did not look very enticing, but my curiosity took me there anyway. And I was hoping to see some previews for other super hero movies that are coming soon. I was not disappointed. The previews were very good. We saw previews for X-Men First Class (June 3), Super 8 (June 10) , Green Lantern (June 17), Captain America (July 22), Cowboys and Aliens (July 29), and Columbiana (Sept 2). All the previews looked very good. I guess I will be very busy this summer! But getting back to the Thor movie, it was much better than I imagined. The Director was Kenneth Branagh who is known for Henry V, Frankenstein, Hamlet and Valkyrie (among others) did a great job of making us “like” this big Thor character (played by Chris Hemsworth) and his somewhat small (but mighty) hammer. The special effects were stunning and executed well. I never once looked at my phone to see the time!
Chris looks great in long hair and delivered some majestic lines that sounds silly written down: “The answers you see shall be yours once I claim what is mine.” , “I will end this.” and “I have no plans to die today.” But just like Arnold Swarchenegger in the Terminator movies, it works.
There are other memorable characters too that bring more comedy to the movie. Natalie Portman who was also in Black Swan, acted like a totally different character than Star Wars Episode III. And Darcy Dennings (who has come a long way from “House Bunny”) also made the movie interesting with funny lines. Stellan Skarsgard also added some dimension to the movie with some surprising comedic spots.
Yes Tom Hiddleston (Thor’s brother) was in the movie, as well as Anthony Hopkins(Thor’s father). They did a great job, but these are the typical characters that you would see in an super hero movie.
I am very excited about more super hero movies coming this summer, because the world seems to be a little too crazy right now. We need someone to transport us to a better place even if it is only for 2 hours. Having read the book Super Born (who is a client), I wonder why we do not have more female main characters coming to theaters this Super Hero Summer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"