Really cool CAPTAIN AMERICA story line, it's a little long but worth a look!!!!!

AdamTheWatchmen

Civilian
Reaction score
Steven Rogers is a tall but scrawny American who takes part a top-secret defense project. The project, Operation: Rebirth, seeks to develop a means to create physically superior soldiers. Rogers volunteers for the research, and after a rigorous physical, combat training, and a selection process, Rogers is chosen as the first human test subject for the Super-Soldier Serum, developed by the scientist Dr. Emil Erskine (code-named "Dr. Reinstein").The night that Operation: Rebirth is implemented, Rogers receives injections and oral ingestions of the Super-Soldier formula. He is then exposed to a controlled burst of "Vita-Rays" that activate and stabilize the chemicals in his system. Although the process is arduous physically, it successfully alters his physiology almost instantly from its relatively frail form to the maximum of human efficiency, greatly enhancing his musculature and reflexes. Erskine declares Rogers to be the first of a new breed of man, a "nearly perfect human being".
At that moment, a Nazi spy reveals himself and shoots Erskine. Because the scientist had committed the crucial portions of the Super-Soldier formula to memory, it can not be duplicated. Rogers kills the spy in retaliation The United States government, making the most of its one super-soldier, reimagines him as a superhero who serves as both a counter-intelligence agent and a propaganda symbol to counter Nazi Germany's head of terrorist operations, the Red Skull. To that end, Rogers is given a uniform modeled after the American flag, a bulletproof shield, a personal side arm, and the codename Captain America. He is also given a cover identity as a clumsy infantry private at Camp LeHigh in Virginia. he makes friends with the camp's teenage mascot James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes.
Barnes accidentally learns of Roger's dual identity and offers to keep the secret if he can become Captain America's sidekick. Rogers agrees and trains Barnes. Rogers meets President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who presents him with a new shield made from a mixture of iron, vibranium and an unknown catalyst. The alloy is indestructible, yet the shield is light enough to use as a discus-like weapon that can be angled to return to him.after Captain and Bucky are brought togehter their first mission together is to take out a secret weapons factory near the beaches of Normandy that is being controled by THE RED SKULL. so the government creates a fake mission called D-Day so they can take over the beaches and get to the secret weapons factory. we watch as Captain America and Bucky lead the charge onto Omaha beach with Captain blocking all turet fire with his shild and he throws it and takes out Nazi bunkers and they take the beach and they head to the secret weapons factory but on their way they see a young solider be attacked by a Nazi plane and captain throws his mighty shild and he rips the plane in two and then they get to the factory and they fight. Captain America and the Red Skull have a kick ass epic fight that involes all forms of combat and the Red skull kills Bucky and then the captain "KILLS" the Red Skull and then after the factory is destoyed the good Captain passes out and his troops find him and they take him to HQ.
they find out that "Rebirth" had so horrable side effects and Rogers is told that he is dying and that the only way he can be saved is if he is kept in cyrosleep until such time as he can be cured. so Rogers says goodbye to everyone he loves and then he is frozen for sixty years. after sixy years he is awoken and cured but he finds out that how horrable terrorism as gotten and he watches videos and he witness all the horror of the last sixty years. he meets the Secretary of Defense as Dell Rusk he tells the Captain about a new enemy named Baron Zemo. we find out that Zemo has stolen an expermental biological weapon.and he plans on releasing it in Washington DC. however they find out that the weapon is still overseas in the middle east. so Captain America and his team of highly trained troops go and find the weapon. this leads to many chase scenes and battles scenes with the Baron and the Captain fighting each other. and the team is all killed off by Baron minons and the Baron escapes and the Captain places a tracker on him so he can track where he is heading.
we go back to the US and the Captain uses his tracker to find where Baron Zemo is and the have their huge epic fight which ends up with Zemo being mortaly wonded by the captain shild. Captain America finds out that weapon isn't there and Zemo tells him that the weapon is in the Captial and that he isn't the leader of the terrorist cell. he tells them that Secretaty Rusk is the real one in control and he plans on killing the prisdent and Congress so he can take control of the country. Zemo dies from his wounds and Captain American goes to the Captial in Washington and he takes out some of Secretary's Rusks guards and this is where the big twist comes into play. we find out that Dell Rusk is really Captain America archenemy THE RED SKULL. he tells him that Dells Rusk is an Anagram for Red Skull. he rips off his face mask and we can see his evil red deformed face and they fight through the halls of the Capital and they keep fighting until they get to the top of the dome and they keep fighting and the Red Skull is about to press the button to actavate the weapon so the Captain grabs his shild and throws it at the Red skulls arms which rips it off and then the Skull screams and then opens his jacket to reveal that he is coverd in C-4 and if he can't kill the prisedent then he will kill the Captain but the Red skull forgets to look behind him and suddenly the shild comes back which decapatates the red skull. Captain America saves the day and the Preisedent gives him the medal of honor and we end off with the Captain in front of FDR monument kneeling down and says "he will neve let you down Mr. President." and he gets up and runs off and we pan away to see the American Flag flapping in the wind.:spidey: :doom:

You lost me as soon as I saw Bucky.

soinds like it would make a good movie or at least a good cap NOVEL

I'd rather see a more serious, Brubaker-type approach to Bucky, but other than that, I could get behind a Cap film like that.

wow that was bad. it was way too over the top, and cap and bucky shouldn't be at D-Day also i too would like the "Brubaker-type" approach to Bucky. i want the movie to be real and you just don't get that with cap protecting the army with his shield or haveing it cut a plane in half. and whats with the cyrosleep stuff, do you know anything about cap?

a version of the cryo sleep angle was used in the heroes reborn series to explain caps suspened animation

Id rather not see Bucky at all. Unless you make him like a 16 year old kid who lied about his age to get into the Army.

Darthphere said:
Id rather not see Bucky at all. Unless you make him like a 16 year old kid who lied about his age to get into the Army.
Brubaker's Bucky was someone that kicked ass, he was the guy that did the things that cap couldn't or more to the point couldn't be seen doing.

3dman27 said:
a version of the cryo sleep angle was used in the heroes reborn series to explain caps suspened animation
so you hate stan lee, which is ok, just maybe not on this board.

HR-PUFF&STUFF said:
so you hate stan lee, which is ok, just maybe not on this board.
nit at all i just mentioned where the cryosleep storyline had been used before

3dman27 said:
nit at all i just mentioned where the cryosleep storyline had been used before
i know i was just jokeing around. but i would like to see the 616 story or cap being lost. because if he is put in cryosleep it takes the drama of him wakeing up in the 21st centry and finding that every thing and everyone that he knew is gone or dead.

HR-PUFF&STUFF said:
Brubaker's Bucky was someone that kicked ass, he was the guy that did the things that cap couldn't or more to the point couldn't be seen doing.

Ok, but a little 12 year old kid isnt going to cut it.

Darthphere said:
Ok, but a little 12 year old kid isnt going to cut it.
bucky was never 12 in the comics he was 16, he had been used as a spy in the hittler youth.

i think your thinking of robin he was 12 in the comics.

He was a teenager of indeterminate age, he probably was 15 at leats. Point is, hes drawn like a little kid, and the image of some kid sidekcik is nothing most people, including me is going to accept as much as I like Bucky.

HR-PUFF&STUFF said:
i know i was just jokeing around. but i would like to see the 616 story or cap being lost. because if he is put in cryosleep it takes the drama of him wakeing up in the 21st centry and finding that every thing and everyone that he knew is gone or dead.
as i recall in heroes reborn cap was knocked uncomcious then put in cryosleep i had forgotten that part when writing my earlier post

Darthphere said:
He was a teenager of indeterminate age, he probably was 15 at leats. Point is, hes drawn like a little kid, and the image of some kid sidekcik is nothing most people, including me is going to accept as much as I like Bucky.
he was 16 or 17 and he lied to get into the army like some did back in WWII, he was a solider first and caps parnter second.

HR-PUFF&STUFF said:
he was 16 or 17 and he lied to get into the army like some did back in WWII, he was a solider first and caps parnter second.

LOL! Do you even read Captain America? His father was in the army and he died but they people at the base kept him around as sort of a mascot. Bucky found out that Steve Rogers was Cap and to keep his identity a secret Cap let Bucky be his sidekick.

Separated from his sister following their parents' deaths, James Barnes became a teenage ward of the state assigned to Camp Lehigh in Virginia, where he served as camp mascot and set up a profitable endeavor providing soldiers with various non-requisition supplies. His mother had died when he was a young child; his father had died in an accident while in basic training at Camp Lehigh. He befriended a seemingly naive young private, Steve Rogers, who had recently become the government operative Captain America. One night, Barnes discovered Rogers changing into his costumed identity; sworn to secrecy, Barnes assisted Captain America on a mission against the Red Skull and was given government approval to undergo intensive training to serve as Cap's partner Bucky, in part to counter Germany's Hitler Youth movement.

so i was wrong. but as i said i want the Brubaker Bucky in the movie if they put him in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"